Quantcast

So, About That New Bike Day...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just built up the new bike today at the shop, where it will live for a few months.
It is beautiful.
General consensus from PT therapist and Doc is that barring complications, I might actually be bringing it with my to Mexico, which is stupendous news.
May not be shredding the gnar, but riding nonetheless.
Which is kinda what I currently live for.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Hola, meatheads, glad you are having a great season!
Update time for any of you interested.
9 days out, and I am back on a bike, walking without crutches, and I am going to run the snowblower tomorrow.
I find this absolutely astounding, like the Lois C.K. Bit on airplanes.
Hope to see you all out and about!
Goetz did an AMAZING job (with the help of lasers and robots, of course).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ruth was back competing on her horse, hiking and biking within 30 days of a total knee replacement. Modern Orthopedic surgery works wonders on those who are fit and get injured. Not so well on the sedentary with low pain thresholds. Go kick butt buddy

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Well, the cat‘s out of the bag (I brought the bike home last night and left it in the truck), and she doesn’t give a fuck. She moved my truck this morning, but didn’t say anything until 9 tonight...she just said “so, what exactly is that in your back seat?”
it didn’t hurt that last night I (coincidentally:greedy:) gave her a $5000 dollar check to pay down the mortgage or whatever...

it also didn’t hurt that the surgery only ended up costing ~$6500 out of pocket, and I was only out of commission (not driving or doing errands) for about ten days.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The only reliable vehicle we have is a Jeep. Pretty sure it is not going anywhere until the Spring. Compass is an apt name. You might need one if you buy one.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Wrassled with the new XTR brakes (scored a set for both wheels, 9120’s, for $200 on eBay, woohoo!) All routed and mounted, just needs the final bleed with the cup.
28.9 pounds, so under 30 with pedals. That was my target for a long travel 29-er...
EDIT: I forgot that I already installed the Wolftooth handlebar tool system and bottle cage, so that’s a pound right there.
under 28 for 155/170 ain’t bad with real tires and suspension...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Now just stop breaking yourself on sketchy noodles so we can get a good review of it. Sweet ride.

Don't forget the bar end caps....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mine hits the bump stop somwhere near where the Kashima coat is printed with the hard stop being several mm from that. So no. How many spacers do you have in there?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Can anyone tell me at a glance if i am getting full travel out of this X2?
No idea due to what kind of spacers may be in there, but I have come to realize with my forks that full travel is the very top of the Kashima lettering.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Can anyone tell me at a glance if i am getting full travel out of this X2?
Probably not. On my 2019 the O ring goes all the way to the end of the shaft. Do what the other's said and measure the exposed shaft and compare it to the stroke length.