Quantcast

So what jeans do YOU wear?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
binary visions said:
Heh, funny thread. I hadn't opened it before this morning.

Here are my rules for jeans:

a) When I've been single and poor, I've bought what's cheap.
b) When I've been single and rich, I've bought what's comfortable... and cheap.
c) When I'm in a relationship, I buy the jeans that the girl says look best on me... as long as they're comfortable. And cheap.

Super rugged jeans are fine, but just because they're rugged doesn't mean they look good after a few years. You can clearly tell when a pair of jeans is old, whether or not they're rugged enough to resist rips.

I have three kinds of jeans. Work jeans, wear jeans, and junk jeans. The junk ones have stains and tears, the wear jeans are every day pants, and I usually have one nice pair that I can wear on Fridays at work. As a pair wears, it gets moved down the line until they get thrown out.

I end up with a lot of Old Navy jeans because that's about the only place I can deal with shopping at; I know where everything is and don't have to dig through sixty-five different types.
That's a lot rules for an f'ing pair of pants..... you ain't one of them metros are you?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i own carhartt jeans and a couple pairs of kirkland signature jeans i got at costco. The kirklands are actually of nice quality. the levis i've owned squeezed my jewels, and were not comfortable at all. The gap jeans i've had and other high priced jeans were very crappy. They would tear easily and were too thin to provide warmth on cold days. I suppose if i buy some nice jeans i would have to keep them on the shelf for dates or nice dinners and things of that nature. But something in me says, why pay tons of money for 'dress' jeans that i cant wear out in the real world?

I think all my jeans but the kirklands and the double legged carhartts have patches.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
i can't believe no one's mentioned chick pants yet. you know some of these slender teen male metros are wearing 'em.
i def draw the line there...i saw this dood at the mall yesterday who was doing that . He wasnt a metro dude at all, more like a emo rocker kid who was slightly overweight, with girl pants on. worst thing ever. First time i have ever seen a dude with a mushroom top:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I have a couple pairs of jeans...I'm not too picky about name brands. I just get whatever I think looks good when I pass a sale. Sometimes black, sometimes blue.
Do own a set of Fox, Guess, Pepe, and whatever else is in the droor...

My best pants aren't even denim. Have 2 sets of black jeans made out of cordura, exact same material as Roach armour. Don't even know what brand they are. Bought them in some raver shop in Van about 6 years ago. Both still look brand new, and they have received major abuse. DH races, 3 motorbike accidents, numerous barfights...etc, etc.
I'd kill someone to find a few more pairs, and never have to buy pants again.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
A good pair of jeans is like a good suit.

Personally, I wear RL suits.
where the hell do you wear suitS? to class?

my lone suit gets busted out for funerals, weddings, and visits to/from the feds.