Quantcast

So yeah, Whistler 2020

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Big Bear/Snow Summit opened yesterday. Couple of buds rode, its a small hill and not too many trails, its good enough, will check back in on how the lift lines were shlt, or not shlt...
Not terrible. Only the main lift going. But it was season passes only. I’m guessing today is going to be nuts.

806E11BB-CC5D-437C-B134-BA70AC9C2AF8.jpeg

8B0ED464-6059-430A-AEDC-F4DC394EFD64.jpeg

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
As per the Whistler bike park site, passes will be on sale soon. Hopefully they set up a taco stand or something on the highway for people lined up.

MrBaker87

Monkey
Mar 30, 2014
neverlandranch
So, looks like...

Increase in pricing
Reduced hours (10-5pm, no twilight hours).
No creekside or top of the world

what’s next? Only opening crank it up and the oriental express route?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Wow... I think I might skip this year. Even though I'm sorta local, I have a weekend booked in July. I might just bring my trail/enduro bike and do the local trails.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Well there you have it....

I liked the 8pm end time. Because you didn't have to force yourself to be up crazy early on a day off, and leaving Whistler late meant you avoided most of the Vancouver area rush hour traffic.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
they can have it, hopefully it peels off some of the overwhelming punter traffic from the other trails.
At $80 a day for reduced offering I don't think that is going to happen. The shuttlers that usually become park riders are likely to keep on shuttling.

RIP Sea to Sky shuttle trails that usually get a break in the driest of summer.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver

Opens tomorrow with lots of restrictions. Last night I read through the comments and they were mostly negative, bashing Vail, and how they're price gouging everyone. Vail/Whistler kept responding with the typical, generic "We're committed to safety...yadayada..." It was actually entertaining to read! Now this morning as I post this up, all those comments are gone. Now all the comments are about the border closure.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
BC locals are pretty stoked to have the park to themselves!

Do the lifts even function without an aussie or brit running them?

Last edited:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I haven't, Vail already stole my winter seasons pass money, I'd be an idiot to give them more. Also, Cdn media reporting border closure likely getting pushed another month to Aug 21, I have a feeling that this is going to be the new normal every month...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I'm heading up there this weekend for a couple days....not necessarily for the bike park, but as a weekend away with the girl. I was going to bring my Megatower for the local trails, but the rear wheel needs some love and I don't want to risk knocking it even more out of true with my hack riding, so it looks like I'll be dusting off the 'ol 951 Evo.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I'm heading up there this weekend for a couple days....not necessarily for the bike park, but as a weekend away with the girl. I was going to bring my Megatower for the local trails, but the rear wheel needs some love and I don't want to risk knocking it even more out of true with my hack riding, so it looks like I'll be dusting off the 'ol 951 Evo.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Yeah yeah I know... I did that already. Either way, I'm going to use this as a means to see if I want to keep the DH bike or not.