Quantcast

SOOOOOO many stem choices !!

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
It seems that there must be a good million stem offerings from various companys, and they are all so close in design. It is hard to narrow it down to just one. So, what direct mount stems are you guys running on your race bikes?

Also, I just descovered the function bikes race crowns. Has any body had any experience with these. They look sick, and you dont half to bolt on a stem.

Austin

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Running a Twenty6... light and stiff... has also length adjustibility if you're not sure which length you want. Plus the anodised colours look sick!!!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I actually run the Function Crowns. I love them. They look super clean and install very easily. I'd recommend them to anyone. With adjustable lengths for the stem, it's the perfect set-up.

djivotno

Monkey
Oct 3, 2008
I'm running the good ol' Ali. I'm happy with it so far, but i guess i'll be swiching for a Shaman when/if i get my hands on some of the new Boxxers

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
+2 for the Point1. Probably the lightest.
Kowa have a nice new one, it's not as light as the Point1 but as light as the rest of the field. It has two length choices like most of the others, with different bolt hole options. I still think close to 50mm is where it's at though anyway.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Sunline Boxxer direct mount is incredible. Looks great and is super light.
I highly recommend the sunline.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
Sounds like the twenty 6 is pretty popular. but why is the stem not on there website?

And can you not run a twenty6 on a fox?

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the twenty 6 is sweet but i am oldschool and run a thompson x4 because i never even think about it on my bike....that is the best component feature.

oh and it would look funny running a direct mount on my totem:disgust:

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Sounds like the twenty 6 is pretty popular. but why is the stem not on there website?

And can you not run a twenty6 on a fox?

yea, they're very new... you should be able to run them on your 40 provided that you got new crowns or 07 and later... the Boxxer mount is then standard... it should work... i got mine from BrianHcm. Pm him...:cheers:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bump on this. Are people still satisfied with their twenty6 DM stems? Anybody on the straitline? Issues with sunline stuff?

Shiny new colors? ETA on canfield bros or syncros?

Sorry for all the q's, i need a new stem and there are lots of options.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I can recommend the Sunline as well. Been running mine of a year now on two different bikes and two different forks. No issues with it and still one of my favorite parts - looks stunning. Looks even better now that I have a matching set of sunline bars on there :thumb:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Bump on this. Are people still satisfied with their twenty6 DM stems? Anybody on the straitline? Issues with sunline stuff?

Shiny new colors? ETA on canfield bros or syncros?

Sorry for all the q's, i need a new stem and there are lots of options.
I'm still very happy with my Twenty6 stem. No issues whatsover. Clamping width is narrower than others but has not been an issue. Set it at the shortest length and forgot it. My only gripe (if you can call it that) is very nitpicky: I wish the red anodizing job had been a deeper red; it's somewhat pale (photo makes it purdy tho').

The Sunline DM I'm sure is awesome as well; Jason designs everything 'just so.' He's already agreed to forgive me for this little transgression :D.

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
there's only one....Point One!
I'm riding an Ali, but after riding with those guys, their bling rules all. Don't know what version they have on the their bikes but it's pretty slick sh*t.
Haven't seen anything else machined quite as well.
Point One for the win!;)

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
Another vote for sunline. I have one on my boxxer and love it. Its light weight, looks good, easy to install. No issues at all. I would highly recommend it. The sunline bar and stem is a sick combo. can't go wrong

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I have a canfield stem. Couldn't love it any more. Improved my ride greatly. Buy it, it's worth the money.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yup i am in the market for a DM stem, and the cromag will get the vote for me, many of these are pretty frilly for my tastes (and i am not a weight weenie)...I just like the solid simple look of the cromag...choices are good though.