Quantcast

southeast photo thread

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
biggins said:
man i dont know much about it i aint the one putting it on so jump down off that high horse and leave me the hell alone.
crybaby's in here today.
I said CYA...as in...if somebody's doing that, be smart and cover your asset by doing the things I mentioned.
Waaaaahhhhhhh:teacher:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
crybaby's in here today.
I said CYA...as in...if somebody's doing that, be smart and cover your asset by doing the things I mentioned.
Waaaaahhhhhhh:teacher:
ohhh ithought you were saying "see ya"
you know i got respect for ya mang. the guys name is peter mills that is putting it on so i dont know what the deal is. as far as covering ass, aint my ass that'll need covering.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Shots from comp in Asheville saturday. Cool course and fun peeps but didn't quite compare to years past. I didn't take many but here's some.

Ben M is my hero.

Mid way through a 3.

Since the competition wasn't too hott (I wish it were downtown like years past, there's something I dig about downtown Asheville, especially when there's a festival going on, this is not to take any props away from the organizers and builders of the course) we went dirt jumping in g'ville afterwards, here's a couple shots from that, I'm waiting for better shots for the full release of the new spot.

This is the small line, basically just a lot of new dirt on last year's overgrown jumps. That berm is about 300% bigger than it used to be though.

The other set is a good bit bigger, about chest high lips and 12-15ish foot gaps, as soon as we get some speed/distance issues worked out on the second hit I'll have shreddage pictures of those too.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
T-Pirate said:
Since the competition wasn't too hott (I wish it were downtown like years past, there's something I dig about downtown Asheville, especially when there's a festival going on, this is not to take any props away from the organizers and builders of the course) ..
well, considering not a single pro knew about it, was invited, was not advertised, etc...it's kind of hard to get people to show up.

Did you not stick around long enough to run into Voreis and snag some pics of him?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
T-Pirate said:
Nope, never saw him.
Matt Purcell said that late that afternoon a BMX pinned it when nobody was looking and hit one of the ramps and launched his arse up over the massive 8 foot fence around the track and landed to flat on the pavement on the other side.

He said nobody saw him do it but him and 1 or 2 others and that it was more insane than anything he's seen! Wish I could have witnessed that.

Apparently, it was the guy pulling barspin backflips on that spine at the downtown course 2 years ago.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
My new project, just for kicks and a fun BMX bike until I get a new one in the next few weeks. This bike was found at a local Elementary School missing the rear wheel and the right pedal was seized. The brake cables were rusted ans seized, and the chain was so rusted that I was able to break it off with one whack of the hammer.

Anyway, it is a 20" Diamondback steel frame (i think it's from the early 90's) with the original handlebars, threaded headset, 1-piece cranks, sprocket, grips, and seatpost. The wheelset is a 44/48-spoke combo street wheelset from a 1998 GT Performer w/ 10mm axles, the seat is from the same GT, and the brake is an Avid 2.0 SD V-Brake and matching lever from a 1998 Specialized FSR Comp. I'm not sure of the front sprocket size, but it looks to be around 44t, and the back i think is an 18t, maybe a 16t. This wonderful build is topped off with an exquisite rattle-can two-tone paint job with my masterful overspray technique onto the black frame. ;)

Here it is...

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Yesterday we decided to head up to pisgah to camp and ride. We only had one night because I have work today, but we got a good ride in and had fun.

Crossin the creek to setup camp.

The cooler is stocked.

My friend Zach shows a strawberry who's boss.

Some Shreddage.

Pisgah has some okay scenery.

Some more shreddage.

At the top, this is called Slate Rock.

And one last one from camp, we got rained on after this and had to go in the tent early.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Looks like a fun time up in pisgah. Massanutten was really sweet too this weekend. I actually remembered to get some pictures there too instead of just leaving my camera in the car.

These one's are my favorites: