Quantcast

southeast photo thread

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Its not really on the main trail, its kinda between the main trail and the hip in the first pics. Its a really really smooth table with a lot of hangtime, definetly worth checkin out, i learned x-ups on it yesterday

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Spent 2.5 hrs on this one table today, but it definetly paid off.

ive got the x-up down pretty much every time now

Formermtnboarder landed 2 clean supermans to the petals today, did i mention hes only been riding since November

and finnaly i threw a couple of decent no-footers

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Here's a few from last Sunday out at Tar River. Just north of Durham for those that haven't heard of it. Lots of jumps, stunts, XC.....Can't believe y'all haven't heard of it. :)

**All stunts are created out of cedar and pressure treated material. Gonna be there fuh-evah!!**

Bill C. on the radial stunt into the ravine. Weightless for a moment.

Girls rock too. Camye takes a turn.

Trails merge. Groups merge. Routes are planned. Riders go ride.

This kid rips so hard on his Specialized grom. Connor reflects.

Stunts like this are a typical feature out here. This particular treeride is cool in the fact that it starts out innocent enough, but by the time you reach the middle, you're about 8 feet up. You can also ride it both directions. Here, Wes rides up.

Here, I demonstrate how an angry look alone can force the front end up into a manual off the end going the other direction.

Wes hits the log ride at the beginning of the Killer Hill mini Dh run.

Killer Hill has the Mega Drop on it. It's a giant pile of rock and dirt on the steepest, rockiest decent you could ever hope to find east of Raleigh. The jump takes you around ten to 15 feet up and anywhere from 20 to 40 feet down the hill. You just float forever to a perfect transition and rollout. Here, Connor tests his wings with my dog, Tippy as his new wingman. Once Connor tops 100 lbs, he'll be able to muscle any bike down any jump.....

This is what he'll eventually be able to do. Dogboy with the X-up.

These pics are just a few of the many stunts and jumps out there. Try Trianglemtb.com for more pics and directions to some fun times.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
That shot from tar-river of the dorp drop with the dog chasing the rider off the end gives an awesome perspective! That drop looks fun! :thumb:

OK, same 3 questions as last time:

1. where is this?
2. Is anyone gonna get mad because we're young and having fun?
3. Anyplace close to get beer?

Zod, my apologizes if I offended. And if your wife is anything like mine, she WONT like the teenage girls idea.

Biggins: Keep those kids on the $4K bikes out of there.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Not offended at all.....come ride anytime you want to. Without getting into too much detail I'm near Alexis, NC :thumb:

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Great shots Charlie. Rick and I rode Mansell today. We were hitting the big side on the rock at the bottom of the badlands. Rick was hitting that thing like a race run, fast. I dropped it like...a rock. We hit everything out there at least once. I brought the camera but never pulled it out of the bag.
I need to take Peter out to Augusta next time you're in town.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
This is Kevin hitting a couple of spots in Peachtree City. I would post some of me but he ain't too swift on a digi camera. :nopity:
Nothing huge but but we can ride to this stuff from my house then ride to Starbuck's and check out the milf action.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
May I make a request? I am feeling a little homesick (for the trails) and was wondering if you guys could post some pics from ETSU? I saw but one in all 15 pages of this. Until August I lived about 3 minutes from campus. It is where I learned all my skills. Sorry all my southeast pictures are still in TN. Post you ETSU pics please!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
gschuette said:
May I make a request? I am feeling a little homesick (for the trails) and was wondering if you guys could post some pics from ETSU? I saw but one in all 15 pages of this. Until August I lived about 3 minutes from campus. It is where I learned all my skills. Sorry all my southeast pictures are still in TN. Post you ETSU pics please!

here u go

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Thank you! Remember the big triple that used to be right out of the starting gate? That jump was so fun. My friend and I were the first to jump it. Then in early April a little while after it was finished he broke his arm on it. Both bones in his left forearm were compound fractures. It was gross and I had to drive to the ER. I will have to dig around and see if I can find some pics of the triple. Sorry to ramble but the pics bring back some good (and bad) memories. Thanks!

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I haven't been on RM much at all in a really long time... so, i'll dig up some pics.

Swannanoa Jumps:

The landing is out of the picture on this one, so please don't say anything about the landing looking pretty flat:

I will try to dig up a few more soon. But sunday, i will have a better pic (hopefully) of me hitting the double at the end of trace ridge...the last time i hit the gap, the picture didn't turn out well :eviltongu (thanks eric)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
OK....correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing somewhere in Fairview, maybe even Little Pisgah is where that rock outcropping is? I see a radio tower on the right there. Either that or Sugar.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
OK....correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing somewhere in Fairview, maybe even Little Pisgah is where that rock outcropping is? I see a radio tower on the right there. Either that or Sugar.

damn butch good eye. it isnt sugar though. i think he said it was near his house in fairview, but little pisgah is ringing a bell with me as well. Oh i went and submitted an application for the shop manager job at Ski Country.

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
it's Little Pisgah for sure. like 4 miles from my house (the drive) then like 6 miles up on bike... :eek:

private properity, so we got kicked off by some lady on a horse (when she finally caught up to us). pretty fun DH and we would have gone back by now, but we would rather just shuttle kitsuma or trace ridge

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I remember it well. Private property...I can still see the topgraphical surveys. 6 separate land owners. The top is owned by the man who designed NASA's GPS systems...cool guy and caretaker is a total hippie(rides a 4 wheeler everywhere and rarely leaves the mountain. The cow pastures are owned by one of the Dalton's from Lake Lure who could give a crap less if you are there...and 4 psychotic people from the Northeast who hate the human race!!!

Go back next time and just say you were staying at the wilderness camp at the base. That place would be one of the sweetest DH playgrounds ever!!!