Quantcast

southeast photo thread

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
you got a really clean car. Seriously...the detail in that photo is just silly!
it was just a clean spot the fly landed on. :D
Hey highrevs -- what kind of camera setup you got??
Nikon D70s body and a few lenses. I shot that using an extension tube and a 50mm/1.8. It’s a cheap way to turn a normal lens into a macro lens. An extension tube brings the near focus limits real close. I cropped that image to a 5x7 ratio, but it’s not “digitally zoomed”.

This is the extension tube

and the 50mm/1.8 lens

LR Max

Chimp
Apr 13, 2007
Clemson, SC
Nikon D70s body and a few lenses. I shot that using an extension tube and a 50mm/1.8. It’s a cheap way to turn a normal lens into a macro lens. An extension tube brings the near focus limits real close.
Looks good! How do you like that extension tube? Can you retain autofocus with it? I just bought a 60mm macro off of a friend for a good price.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Looks good! How do you like that extension tube? Can you retain autofocus with it? I just bought a 60mm macro off of a friend for a good price.
The extension tube works well for me. There are a few that kenko makes that retain AF but it only works consistently with well lit, high contrast subjects. :D

escapeartist boosting it at PeeWee's

FLATLINE_

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
Just getting into this sport. Over the past week i have looked through this whole thread! I must say everything you guys do looks like a hell of a fun time! Great bunch of guys! AND Noah is the mann! Now I just need to scoop up a real bike... Any one in Georgia? Great pics guys.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Just getting into this sport. Over the past week i have looked through this whole thread! I must say everything you guys do looks like a hell of a fun time! Great bunch of guys! AND Noah is the mann! Now I just need to scoop up a real bike... Any one in Georgia? Great pics guys.
welcome! there are quite a few monkeys around GA that you could hook up with. Check out JeffD, Taz, Peete, DVNT and freeridesouth.com has quite a few GA locals. I used to head down there once in a while for family but my brother is moving back to FL this month...so i won't be down much anymore.