Quantcast

Sriracha vs Cholula vs Tabasco vs Toms Red Hot

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
one of my favorites that you can't always find is grace hot sauce. It's just cheap shit, but it's really good with plenty of heat but it builds nice and slow. It's not just like a blast of toxic death fire inferno that kills your taste buds. I got some down in Sint Maaaaarten back in the day but used it all up, and now I can't find any more. I ain't gonna pay $6 on amazon either
Grace Products sells Chicken base mixed with white Pepper. It came in a box. It was awesome. Cannot find it anymore.

Relish.jpg

I make these quick Relishes. Jalapeno, Onions, Vinegar, Salt, Brown sugar, Magee Sauce. I use it in many ways.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Sriracha if I've got to pick the one-for-the-rest-of-my-life deal.

Otherwise, as noted, they all work differently with different foods.

Green salsas and sauces FTMFW though! Loooooove the hatch and poblano based stuff! Harissa gets a lot of use in our house. A tomato sauce for pasta dishes made with it we call Harissa Tomei, and put over chicken it's Harissa Milano.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I love that sambal in a noodle soup from a vietnamese food truck at Copley sq. :drool:
I have a jar in the fridge but have not opened it, yet.
Just put the sambal on a smoked mozzarella / turkey breast / avocado toast, and holy shit, soooo tasty! :drool:
Yes and yes! It's so cheap and plentiful around here that there is no reason to hold off on using it.

I use sambal exclusively when I am going to cook with it. I have never used it as an actual condiment/sauce...
Oh man, give it a shot, that shit is good! It's not dynamite hot like some of the stunt sauces but it has great flavor fresh from the jar.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Will have Horsetooth Rubins Red for something mild and the 'O' Face for manageable heat.
A bottle of Dave's Ultimate Insanity Hot Sauce has been impossible.
The Ultimate mistake. ;) The regular Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce is brutal but manageable, when used in small volumes. A single drop will turn a chili into a liquid fire.