Quantcast

ssaddict,aka:Kyle Belenberg died Sunday morning.

SCARY

Not long enough
Local ripper and Ridemonkey regular Kyle Belenburg died in his sleep sometime saturday night/sunday morning here in Phoenix.Not much is known of why yet.But some of you may know that he hit his head pretty hard in a wreck at the Durango National of 2003 and has had problems and periodic seizures from that incident.It's only speculation at this point that the two are related,but he was way too young and in way too good shape to go this soon.It was always a personal goal to be any where near his times at the races since he was easily the fastest guy in our area.He was a regular here,and I know you guys will miss his presence,weight weenie-ish -ness and love of carbon fiber. .R.I.P

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
that hits me real hard...it doesnt seem real.

Just on Friday I was trying to see if he'd sell me back the BCD I sold him around this time last year....

Kyle will definitly be missed......he was a really nice guy...not to mention super fast...keep us posted on any further details

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
I'm sure anyone who has ever met Kyle will miss him for sure. I only got the pleasure to meet him on a few occasions but from what i could gather he was a super talented rider with some amazing motivation. This is of course on top of him being a super nice guy.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
What?!!
I just read a post from him in the Buy and Sell forum today.
He must have posted it over the weekend.
He was doing what he has always done on here, giving advice,
and being a great guy with an even better attitude.
Please fill us in on any later details.
He will surely be missed.
RIP Kyle.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
WOW!!! I'm speechless.......Everytime I talked to him at races he was always in a good mood. He was a good guy to be around!! He will be missed!

Anyone have any family info?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I am too speechless. Never met him, but regarded him as one of the more upstanding Monkeys. He had given me plenty of advise on many of my newb questions regarding bikes during my time here. Best Regards to his familly and friends.....

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Wow that sucks.......R.I.P

It seems too odd, just last week I think I was reading in the lounge of Shocktower loosing his 9 year old daughter in a car crash and his wife was seriously hurt. Now this??? 2004 ain't such a good year for some monkey's.

I never met him, but hearing about someone young dying just hits hard. I'm 22 (almost 23) and couldn't imagine leaving now or anytime soon.

nickaziz

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Based on a post he made a while ago, it certainly looks like this could have been related to his injury. He said he was having seizures in his sleep. :(

I'm not waking up though, I'm having full blown Grand Mal Seizures until someone wakes me out of them. Thankfully, I have always had someone there too do so... otherwise I'm lucky I don't choke on my tongue (which I usually bite to sh*t every time) and :dead:
:( :( :(

This is really sad. Life sure is fragile. At least it sounds like he made the best of his days. It's sad to hear about something like this, especially when it's a fellow biker, and possibly biking related. Rest in peace, Kyle. :(

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
May the brother rest in peace, it is so sad to learn about the loss of a friend even if you have never met him. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Yannis.

Kyle will be riding up there looking upon us.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
BMXman said:
does anyone have pics of Kyle they can post?.....D
I am so sad to hear about Kyle's passing. He was one of the most enthusiastic riders I have ever ridden with. With Kyle, it was all about the ride and the friends. Rest in peace. You will be missed by all.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
One of the coolest guy and friendliest racer and competitor I've known, raced and rode with. San Diego will miss his annual visit at Sagebrush Safari next year.

live it.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
I can't believe this, I only knew him from his presence here, but he seemed to be a super nice guy. Was he married/children? My heart goes out to his family, this is truly sad. RIP Kyle.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I just read the title of this post and got dizzy… I’m literally feeling sick right now! Since the day I heard about his seizures I had been e-mailing him on a regular basis to get updates on his condition. This would explain why I didn’t get any replies lately.

Kyle we’re gonna miss you! He was the real deal…friendly, fast, humble, loved life and lived to ride!!

Just another realization that life is not a given but a gift! Live every day as if it’s your last, since you never know if you’ll be there tomorrow…

My most sincere condolences and deep felt sympathy goes out to Kyle’s friends and family….

Okay I need to go walk this off…

R.I.P. Kyle!!!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
This is unbelievable. I'm sure our loss can't compare to his family's...can anyone close to him set up a flower fund or something? I'd at least feel a little better if we could contribute a Ridemonkey arrangement to the funeral or something...just a little token from all of us.

MD

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Acadian said:
I just read the title of this post and got dizzy… I’m literally feeling sick right now! Since the day I heard about his seizures I had been e-mailing him on a regular basis to get updates on his condition. This would explain why I didn’t get any replies lately.

Kyle we’re gonna miss you! He was the real deal…friendly, fast, humble, loved life and lived to ride!!

Just another realization that life is not a given but a gift! Live every day as if it’s your last, since you never know if you’ll be there tomorrow…

My most sincere condolences and deep felt sympathy goes out to Kyle’s friends and family….

Okay I need to go walk this off…

R.I.P. Kyle!!!

same here, dizzy and can't talk now. . .

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
I got a phone call last night and I dont even know what to think. Losing 2 teammates in 1 year is just unbeleivable. I actually never even had a chance to meet kyle, he wasnt able to come out to WV and mt snow because of those seizures. Reguardless, Tobler and everyone else were always going off about how cool he was. He actually jest helped me get those parts for my DOC :(
Rest in peace man

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
terrible news to hear. i never did meet kyle but bought a hub off him that was a seamless transaction, and every post i ever read was filled w/ energy and love for life.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's so awful.. RIP Kyle...

If anyone knows his family or can set up something to make a contribution of flowers for his funeral, please post details.

Too young.

Hope you're still riding, wherever you may be.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Its just...

unbelievable. I dont really have words right now. Losing 2 freinds and teammates in 3 months is just insane. I will have more details on memorial services today, adn I will pass them on when I do. There will be services in AZ, and WA states I think.

RIP my good buddy. You will be missed.

Dave

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
My condolences to his family and friends. I too have never me him, but his presence here will certainly be missed. R.I.P.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Wow. I never met Kyle before, but he was always one of the super cool guys on the forums. RIP :(