Quantcast

ssaddict,aka:Kyle Belenberg died Sunday morning.

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
i am just now reading this and now i am kinda freaked out by this, i remember when he crashed, it doesnt seem like its real, it was just the other week that i had talked to him about some buy/sell items.... rest in peace Kyle!

We won't ever forget him, keep ridin' kyle!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Since many of us only knew Kyle as "ssaddict" here on RM, it makes the already difficult task of accepting his death even more abstract.

I just keep expecting to see that all too familiar drifting rider avatar of his pop up in a new post with some incredibly insightful advice or at least some very high-quality banter...

This is a very sad day for mountain biking :(

YOU WILL BE MISSED KYLE!

Nov 11, 2004
I just logged on to check my email this evening after being out of town for a couple of days and found several emails from friends sharing the sad news of Kyle's passing. I feel honored to have known Kyle. I can't count the hours of volunteer work that he did at Sunrise to help make the trails that we all enjoy. I recall the many races at Bootleg and going to Carlo's for mexican food the night before. I remember how rippin fast he was on the trails at South Mountain. It's hard to believe that he won't be showing up for Sunday morning shuttles on the short bus. His positive attitude and and willingness to help others will surely be missed.
Godspeed and keep the rubber side down bro!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
heikkihall said:
Heres a picture that Luc got of Kyle and I at Sea Otter. :(

With every page I read in this thread, I felt more and more affected by the untimely death of our fellow monkey. Then I saw this picture and did a double-take. Believe it or not, Kyle turned a wrench on my bike and helped me out at Sea Otter this year at the Evil tent. I didn't know who he was, but now that I am able to put a face with a name, this makes his death seem even more real. He fixed my chainguide when no one else could. Thank you Kyle. You will be missed.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
To the family and friends, so sorry to hear about your loss. I did not get the pleasure of meeting Kyle, but I do remember seeing his posts. Sad to hear of a genuine guy passing and sad to hear of another MTB member leaving us. Rest in Peace Kyle

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
As with most of us here, I'd never met Kyle. I'm sitting here just killing a little time before I go riding. I'm a little numb. I just watched the Jeremy Demers video and saw this. I certainly will appreciate my ride this afternoon.

I know there are sweet trails where you are Kyle. RIP...

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
G U L P!

Sorry to hear that any MTB brother has died. Didn't know him but read many of his posts.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Wow, it's so bizarre the emotions that are stired from news like this, even for those of us that didn't really know him personally. It does not matter what your beliefs are but when you hear about something like this you have to want to belive there is something beyond life. With that being said, I can only hope that from the moment Klye left he is experiencing paradise.

PinchFlat

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
UT
Well crap...:(

I havn't visited RM for months and I'm hit with this.

I meet Kyle in Big Bear a few years back. Great Guy... My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Ride on, Kyle.

-PF

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
tonight, i'm going for a night dh run on one of the raddest trails in the area. i'm going to pin it your ya. i've got a nice cold beer for you at the top of the mountain kyle. i'll live it on the flat rock next to the bush. have a nice ride brother.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
(reply to first post in thread)

the fukin 'ell? you can't be serious? i ignore the board for two weeks and somebody dies? that's insane!! And ssadict too, shyte!

:headspinning:

IcEManN

Chimp
Nov 11, 2004
Europe, Macedonia, Skopje
hell guys i didn`t know Kyle but as i`ve read he was fast he was good and most of all he was biker. Well this year is not good at all. So all i can say is ride with caution couse we still don`t know if we can ride in the other world. Rest in pease, Kyle

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Sorry big time.. I didnot know him but he is now riding better stuff than we will ever have.. Eventually we will all ride the same eternal singletrack w/ drops and stunts of course.. Sorry again from the south shore.. This year has been really wierd!!! Just keep on keepin on!! peace

Mountaingoat and the Roughriders .. R.I.P.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I never met Kyle, never got to ride with Kyle, but I felt like I knew him through RM and through all the positive things I've heard about him through so many others. It's clear just from this thread that he was an amazing person that is gone far too soon, and missed by many many people.

R.I.P.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
What about a sort of permanent thread/guestbook here somewhere on RM where we could post pics/thoughts not unlike this thread but perhaps better organized and with more features (larger file size limits for pics, etc)?

Other than that maybe some companies would want to donate parts to be raffled/auctioned off to gather funds to help his family pay for related expenses. Even RM members could donate used parts. Volunteers could manage the auctions.

(just tossing out ideas)

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
Holy Crap I have tears rolling down my face right now this effing sucks...
Kyle was always one of the most possitive and friendly guys at the races... I always finished talking with him with a smile on ... I dont know what to say I am in shock..
f it I need to go for a ride to think this over.
Life what a bitch.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
geezus, this whole week i was misreading the subject header and didnt clue in that ssaddict = Kyle had died...just went through these 4 pages feeling choked....

Never met him in person but like to everyone else, he was definitly an important figure here, defining a piece of the RM culture. R.I.P. :(

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
punkassean said:
What about a sort of permanent thread/guestbook here somewhere on RM where we could post pics/thoughts not unlike this thread but perhaps better organized and with more features (larger file size limits for pics, etc)?

Other than that maybe some companies would want to donate parts to be raffled/auctioned off to gather funds to help his family pay for related expenses. Even RM members could donate used parts. Volunteers could manage the auctions.

(just tossing out ideas)
I was shocked and sadden when I heard the news. I can get Crank Brothers to donate some items in honor of ssaddict.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
just found this, and even thought i didn't really know SSaddict, or the man behind the screen name, its a terrible thing for person like him to pass so early in his life.

RIP :(

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
That is aweful.
Get those head injuries checked out. A friend of my dad's and mine was killed on a road ride in June when he passed out while riding and rode into a ditch. A couple of days before the crash he hit his head in the shower hard enough that he knocked himself out. He refused medical attention. The belief is that the strain of riding the Italian Alps (he was on vacation when it happened) caused something to burst.

I am sorry to say so much about someone other than ssadict, but it is just a little wierd when the same sort of thing happens twice around me in such a short span of time.

That is tragic about ssadict though. My thoughts and prayers are with him. I always thought his avatar was cool.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Repack said:
That is tragic about ssadict though. My thoughts and prayers are with him. I always thought his avatar was cool.
i was searching around and came across a RE: by kyle.

it made me sad me typed thode words and now doesn't. :( me 8-(

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
Wow R.I.P. Kyle

I am inspired by the outporing of those that knew you. Thanks for the reminder of how I should live my life. God speed

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
I did not know Kyle, but reading the discriptions posted here remind me so much of several people that I am lucky enough to know and call freinds that this really hits home. I lost a great friend who was just that kind of guy 2 years ago.It sucks!

GOD SPEED FRIEND , REST IN PEACE