Quantcast

ssaddict,aka:Kyle Belenberg died Sunday morning.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
But I know he played a HUGE part in many of my purchasing decisions and was always one of the more friendly people on the board. Im am saddened by the loss but I am confident that all the positive energy he put out with come back to him in his next life. Let us all use this as a lesson of the impermanance of life and to remember to always be compassionate and ALWAYS ALWAYS ride like its your last.

Sep 29, 2004
That really sucks. I never had the opprutunity to meet the guy but its a real testament to both his character and those of his freinds on ridemonkey to see this many people mourn his passing...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Found some pics of Kyle in the SoCal gallery. I had several more but my laptop was along with other stuff stolen when our house got broken into last year.

Joshing with Kyle at Big Bear and completely beat from the 12 hrs of DH race.

Sea Otter DH...and his darth vader helmet.:)

Some of you may not know but Kyle used to frequent here in Socal racing some of the local series in Big Bear and such. Kyle always made the trip to East San Diego to race the annual Sagebrush Safari. I have to tell you, this 6 minute marathon "DH" course is way too outdated and plain sucked especially on a DH bike (I'm whining). But Kyle always managed to show up and enjoy it, regardless. I rode it with Kyle last year during practice to test out my then new bike but sat out the race. My goal is to race Sagebrush Safari next spring to celebrate the start of my whine-and-bitch free racing season! We need more Kyle characters in our scene.... mayeb not so on his gram-counting side of things. :p

godspeed Kyle and enough of my blabbing!

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
It seems like yesterday when he was talking up in durando to me about becoming faster and some tips and whatnot, he will be remembered in all our hearts, now every sunday i have a run dedicated to him down our local trails. Rip.
your my boy Kyle!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I didn't know him, but he sounds really cool. I wish I knew him because I always need help with bike stuff. He would have been a very valuable friend to have.

Enjoying shredding up there!!!!!

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Didnt know him much, but did talk alittle to him about carbon stuff in PM's.. He was a helpfull guy and did his best to give advice regarding the stuff we spoke about. I had no idea he was being ill. :(

Rest in peace mate.

webby_the1

Chimp
Feb 20, 2005
South Wales - UK
I didnt even no him but still have a lot of respect for other riders.

So R.I.P Kyle evry one will remember you as a brother to all of us bikers.

I say again

R.I.P kyle........

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I wasjust cleaning the hard drive tonight of old unnecessary race pics and fella monkeys pics...

Then I found this pic when I was chillin with Kyle at SO 2003.
[/IMG]

Kyle Vader during Sat's practice.

Contagious smile ain't it!!!??! :thumb:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Still miss you, man. It's hard to believe it's already been a year. You are still my inspiration when I ride, and always will be. Rest in peace, buddy.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
never lost

i miss racing against that guy. he was always out there, pinned on that hardtail. he was just one of those guys that you were stoked to see at the national when you show up because you know it's going to be fun to watch him ride.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Kyle was a madman on that bike!
I remember talking to him about XC races he used to do and I would respond to him, "whoa... you raced Single speed on your Imperial????"

Stolen BCD -
I think the bike was recovered. I do not have the complete story though.

Beaverbiker - you mentioned you always had a good time racing with him.
do you have a favorite race story about Kyle? I never raced with him, just worked with him at race events and Inberbike. I'd dig a good race story about Kyle.

I sure do miss him.

Michael
e.thirteen / Evil

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
:cheers:

I never heard back from the detective how the stolen BCD situation played out...

RIP Kyle
I'm pretty sure they caught the guys. The dumbasses who stole it called the Evil office to see about getting parts for the boxxer on it, and I happened to answer the phone (the bike had some Evil stickers on it, so they figured we made the (BCD) frame and the fork, LMAO). Anyway, I took a bunch of notes on who they were, then called a shop down there that Kyle used to ride out of and set it up so these guys would bring the bike in there for "warranty service". As I recall, the shop guys also rode with a few of the local police, and they were there waiting for the thieves when they showed up with the bike. :)

Anyway, Kyle was definitely a great guy and will be sorely missed for years.

--John

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Short stories of Kyle...

On a quick lap around McDowell Mtn Park in Phoenix, he flatted his SS bike. This was well before tubeless and we had either already changed a flat or had no tubes. Shortly thereafter, two guys could be seen spinning through the park in just black lycra shorts. Everything else had been put into Kyle's rear tire to give it something to get us back the last 7-8 miles. I have a picture around somewhere of him emptying the contents of his tire back at the car. So much for those jerseys.

And onto snowboarding....

Another would be snowboarding up in Flagstaff. We paused on the way down to set up for a nice lip. Kyle went first and pulled a sweet ~360 landing and crashing out in the snow. He waited as two random guys jumped and crashed as well. I came down, pulled no trick but was happy to at least land the jump. At that point I noticed he had a look on his face that something was not quite right. Turned out his 360 was actually a 350 and he had dislocated his shoulder. We boarded down to the base to get some medical attention.

Well, it turned out he needed to go to the hospital. So he took the ambulence and I followed in his Acura. At the hospital he was put on some 'good' drugs and had his pulse monitored via a thumb device. As he came in and out of consciousness he noticed this strange device on his thumb with a small red light on it. It peeked his curiousity so he removed it to get a better look. FLATLINE.......

Nurses came running only to find him staring closely at this small object with a red light on it that he held in his hand. The nurses scolded him and put the thumb monitor back in place. Minutes later, his curiousity was peeked again by the same red light.... FLATLINE......

Once again nurses came running to find the same thing as before. After a few times, the drugs kicked in enough that he was not curious of anything. The doctors came in and attempted THREE TIMES to reset his shoulder. Man his muscles were tight. It took two people holding him down and one person pulling on his arm just to snap it back in. Then done.

Fifteen minutes or so went by and he slowly started coming out of his 'sleep'. He looked around, and not noticing any medical staff, asked me, "Pete, when are they gonna do this already?"

The sling for his arm lasted until we got to Black Bean Burrito Co. and he needed his arm to eat. He even drove the 125 miles back to Phoenix after this ordeal. Well, at least the lift tickets were free, the snow dumped one last time so we could use them and we got in 2.5 fun runs.

RIP Kyle

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I cant believe this, use to ride with him at South Mountain. Check back to tomorrow and i will post a pic of him i took riding at Sunrise.

R.I.P. Kyle, God bless you and your family.