Quantcast

***sundaze GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I can’t bring myself to dislike people’s posts unless they are being assholes, so you get informatives.
I frequently find myself in a similar position. Seldom do I dislike the message as in I find it grossly incorrect/offensive/ignorant, but use the dislike more as an expression of support for an unfortunate turn of events. I hope nobody, say @stoney, thinks I disliked the post about his wife's OTB cause I have some deep-seated dislike of his SO and wished more harm upon her.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I frequently find myself in a similar position. Seldom do I dislike the message as in I find it grossly incorrect/offensive/ignorant, but use the dislike more as an expression of support for an unfortunate turn of events. I hope nobody, say @stoney, thinks I disliked the post about his wife's OTB cause I have some deep-seated dislike of his SO and wished more harm upon her.
I always thumbs down because "that sucks" or "boo!"

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wife came to spend the afternoon with me at the hospital today. That was really nice. She's going to take a train back to Montreal tomorrow at 5:30 am, grab the kids and drive home for the first day of school on Tuesday. I may get released from the hospital later this week.

I am sad and lonely already. Good thing the hospital staff here is friendly. Though a @scrublover taking care of me might be nice!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Wife came to spend the afternoon with me at the hospital today. That was really nice. She's going to take a train back to Montreal tomorrow at 5:30 am, grab the kids and drive home for the first day of school on Tuesday. I may get released from the hospital later this week.

I am sad and lonely already. Good thing the hospital staff here is friendly. Though a @scrublover taking care of me might be nice!
No bath for you!

Feel better, man.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wifey ran off trail and went over the bars hard and landed on her head/neck/shoulders. So... Yeah. Girls are hanging out with MIL.
wifey is copying your poorer cycling habits.

should stop.

hope she is alright.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The two rides today added up to 18 miles and 3800 vert. I am le knackered. :dead:
Ahem.
F23D0A19-747E-4CE1-99AB-483EAF1AC52D.png

I‘m goddamn WORKED. Biggest one week vert of my life. But I am trying to get in another 5k by Wednesday. I am doing a ‘vert challenge’ at my gym, the guy ahead of me had over 42k just in the first two weeks. (FT knows him, he is an animal.).
I am pretty proud of myself.
But I probably still ain’t got nothing on 6th and Mrs. 6th.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nah, we haven't got in enough riding lately and a lot of what we have done has been lift assisted.

Currently watching world champs from Afghanistan, 10 riders to go.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Now that we've gotten past the "omg! [Wifey] ate shit! She's never riding again!" at home, I think we need to figure out getting her onto something modern. Her current bike (Yeti ASR-SL), while it fits is a 26" XC race bike, which is not the best bike for a beginner rider. I'll qualify her as beginner now, since she hasn't really ridden since we left SF. And probably 10 seconds before she crashed, I thought, "she needs a dropper. And well... Yeah.

So, back to something more modern. Less twitch, easier to get over stuff, dropper, etc. She will never go beyond beginner/low-intermediate. She's 5'6", so 27.5" wheels seem to me to be the best size. She had a 26" Trek Fuel EX, which she liked, but it was too small. We'd probably look in that $1500-2000 (new or used) price range. Probably 130mm f/r range (not hard set travel level). Lighter than not, but doesn't have to be carbon by any means - px determines weight.

What all is there?
Trek Fuel EX
Giant Trance
Kona Process 27.5
Diamond Back Release 27.5
Norco Fluid
Marin Rift Zone

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We outta here tomorrow. Fire made it into the basin this evening. If anyones around stanley, id say hi. Wont be online for a while, but some of yall got my number. Getting windier this week so we're not fucking around.
Good luck dude!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We outta here tomorrow. Fire made it into the basin this evening. If anyones around stanley, id say hi. Wont be online for a while, but some of yall got my number. Getting windier this week so we're not fucking around.
Good luck; possibly RM’s first climate refugee.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i will miss you giving me shit....

until you get back.....many happy fucking thoughts.

and i will brake check every tesla i get the chance....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Now that we've gotten past the "omg! [Wifey] ate shit! She's never riding again!" at home, I think we need to figure out getting her onto something modern. Her current bike (Yeti ASR-SL), while it fits is a 26" XC race bike, which is not the best bike for a beginner rider. I'll qualify her as beginner now, since she hasn't really ridden since we left SF. And probably 10 seconds before she crashed, I thought, "she needs a dropper. And well... Yeah.

So, back to something more modern. Less twitch, easier to get over stuff, dropper, etc. She will never go beyond beginner/low-intermediate. She's 5'6", so 27.5" wheels seem to me to be the best size. She had a 26" Trek Fuel EX, which she liked, but it was too small. We'd probably look in that $1500-2000 (new or used) price range. Probably 130mm f/r range (not hard set travel level). Lighter than not, but doesn't have to be carbon by any means - px determines weight.

What all is there?
Trek Fuel EX
Giant Trance
Kona Process 27.5
Diamond Back Release 27.5
Norco Fluid
Marin Rift Zone
My wife LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt. It has made her more confident, and she likes riding more now. That’s all I got. Not too spendy used.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
There's better examples of Black IPA out there but it's still pretty good & nothing gets close to that bang for buck.
I'm pretty sure moonride is an updated version of his Patriot IPA that made his name when he 1st started up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
stay safe dude.

random: a guy I used to work with and his wife live in the basin too, this morning I saw a FB post from his wife that they got the same notice, and were packing up their RV to roll out ASAP.