Quantcast

Sunn Radical

L

luelling

If you wanna get tech, it looks like 7 pivots....the shock mounts are pivots.

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
how can that be? I’ve been told that the bikes are under production right now and that the bikes would only start making it out next week?
I didnt mean now. I meant when i get them in the first week of April, when there offically released and distributers start recieving them.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Yeah - can you ask just how hard it would be to get another shock in there? X-fusion's previous offerings have sucked nuts in my experience, and if I were to buy a top-end dh frame I wouldn't want to be limited to one of those.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Information on the shock choices are as follows,

Top end model (exo) will use Marzocchi Rocco WC Ti
Base model (evo) will use X-fusion vector DH 2 ( which has been viewed and approved by Oliver Bossard)

The Rocco R is listed as an option on the base model but I think that will be down to what the distributor of a country decide on.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
whoa whoa whoa....bossard's on this jam? or did he just look at the shock and say "ok"?

I have a lot of faith in that man's design skills....

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
It looks like a nice bike but anybody know how reliable they are??
I dont like multi pivot bikes there is more that can go wrong.
Also are those carbon chainstays?
It be cool to try one out.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
No one can really say that they will last due to them not being ridden by many.
Im pretty sure that sunn have done thousands of hours testin though to iron out any problems.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
The Radical has been evolved over quite a long period of time, this bike is not a 6-12mth throw together. Im sure I read somewhere that it took over 1yr to get the design for the rear end finalised.

It is aimed at the racer or person who is looking for a light long travel bike, if people start throwing it off big huck drops then im sure like many other brands the would be some problems.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
from what i have read the new x fusion stuff is nasty. know of a couple pros who were riding dhx's and roco's and rode x fusion shocks and sent in sponsorship applications or bought them and these guys are fast. bos helped them out with the higher end shocks if im not mistaken. sun was the top race bike to have back in the day and this bike will be no different. fast, light, perfect. im dying to get mine. please please hurry bj

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
from what i have read the new x fusion stuff is nasty. know of a couple pros who were riding dhx's and roco's and rode x fusion shocks and sent in sponsorship applications or bought them and these guys are fast. bos helped them out with the higher end shocks if im not mistaken. sun was the top race bike to have back in the day and this bike will be no different. fast, light, perfect. im dying to get mine. please please hurry bj
Soon brother, soon!

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
mmmmmmmm soon soon!

can somone just confirm the shock choice
My understanding was that the top model will get an x-fusion(how its pictured)
and the lower one would get a rocco or was that just for the picture?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I didnt mean now. I meant when i get them in the first week of April, when there offically released and distributers start recieving them.
YES if anyone in the U.S.A. is interested in picking up a Radical you can Contact Nemesis Project cycles here in the U.S. and we can order one directly through BJ at RODA for you as he is the Australian Nemesis Project distributer !!

Now hurry up with my new bike BJ :shocked: if it makes any differnce to people I'm going to be running a CaneCrek Double Barrel on my Radical !! Nothing's faster than Ohlins !

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Top of the range Radical gets a Rocco WC Ti, Base level bike Gets the X-fusion DH2.

Im interested to hear about the fitment of a cane creek DB, I was under the impression that only the shocks listed above fitted this frame.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
Is there any information regarding a US MSRP and/or which wholesale distrubutors will carry the frame? If I recall right, Veltec brings in a lot of French/Italian stuff.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Im interested to hear about the fitment of a cane creek DB, I was under the impression that only the shocks listed above fitted this frame.
IT might require fitting the shok with a new rear linkage rod to adapt the difference in eye to eye of the two shoks ??
I'll have a better idea when the bikes show up and I can start playing with options .

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
?? X fusion, arnt they those crap shocks that come on crap bikes???
Read the thread and do a search on here about X-fusions new shocks and the great comments they are getting.

the fact that X-fusion shocks appear on things like specialized obviously means that you think they are crap bikes?

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Read the thread and do a search on here about X-fusions new shocks and the great comments they are getting.

the fact that X-fusion shocks appear on things like specialized obviously means that you think they are crap bikes?
lol no, its just were i come form X fusion have always been ****..thats why i was shocked that they were on the new sunn...i cud not care if they are on specialized i dont like ther bikes anyway...

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
lol no, its just were i come form X fusion have always been ****..thats why i was shocked that they were on the new sunn...i cud not care if they are on specialized i dont like ther bikes anyway...
Strange that you say where you come from X-fusion are crap, you are showing the normal UK trait of only thinking what Hill, Peat etc.....is worth using. We are terrible here for doing that.

check the shock out and then comment http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/vector_dh2.html

Ti spring as standard cant be a bad start.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Strange that you say where you come from X-fusion are crap, you are showing the normal UK trait of only thinking what Hill, Peat etc.....is worth using. We are terrible here for doing that.

check the shock out and then comment http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/vector_dh2.html

Ti spring as standard cant be a bad start.

Ti springs mean absolutely nothing. I've ridden a few x-fusion shocks, they're only ever specced on low-end models (that I've seen - nobody ever specs them on flagship or even anything remotely resembling high end models), and all the ones I've tried (4 or 5 now) have been fairly craptacular to be honest. Unless they've greatly improved the quality and control of the shocks (and that's simply assuming the reliability is up to scratch for DH abuse) then that would be enough of a reason for me NOT to touch an otherwise potentially excellent frame, especially since it can't simply be swapped out.

The features listed on their site aren't anything special, in reality they're 3-4 years behind just on available features (well 5 years if you wanna go back to the original 5th elements) and we're simply hoping that the tuning of the damper is pretty good. Here's a list of stuff they make a note of on the site:
• Externally adjustable compression damping - like nearly all decent shocks
• Externally adjustable rebound damping - like all decent shocks
• 12mm oversized shock shaft - since when was 12mm "oversized"? Correct me if I'm wrong but DHXs/5ths/Manitous are ALL bigger than that.
• Multi-Circuit damping - woo, that's very specific and informative.
• Adjustable spring pre-load - no way! not on a coil shock!
• New forging style body cap - new forging-STYLE body cap? So it's not actually forged, it just looks like it? WTF?
• Newly designed rebound knob - woooow.... not a newly designed rebound knob!
• Adjustable bottom-out air-pressure - good
• Adjustable Bottom-out resistance - good (assuming that it works as intended)

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
Ti springs mean absolutely nothing. I've ridden a few x-fusion shocks, they're only ever specced on low-end models (that I've seen - nobody ever specs them on flagship or even anything remotely resembling high end models), and all the ones I've tried (4 or 5 now) have been fairly craptacular to be honest. Unless they've greatly improved the quality and control of the shocks (and that's simply assuming the reliability is up to scratch for DH abuse) then that would be enough of a reason for me NOT to touch an otherwise potentially excellent frame, especially since it can't simply be swapped out.

The features listed on their site aren't anything special, in reality they're 3-4 years behind just on available features (well 5 years if you wanna go back to the original 5th elements) and we're simply hoping that the tuning of the damper is pretty good. Here's a list of stuff they make a note of on the site:
• 12mm oversized shock shaft - since when was 12mm "oversized"? Correct me if I'm wrong but DHXs/5ths/Manitous are ALL bigger than that.
• New forging style body cap - new forging-STYLE body cap? So it's not actually forged, it just looks like it? WTF?
yea i found it pretty funny they put that shock on it. i think it has some special type of mounting and i doubt manitou, fox, or any other big manufacturer would make such a specific design of shock that only works on one frame. its just not profitable for them to do so. on the other hand x-fusion being a pretty no name brand, this could be a good venture for them being on a bike with so much buzz around it and having the exclusivity of the only shock that fits the frame.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
yea i found it pretty funny they put that shock on it. i think it has some special type of mounting and i doubt manitou, fox, or any other big manufacturer would make such a specific design of shock that only works on one frame. its just not profitable for them to do so. on the other hand x-fusion being a pretty no name brand, this could be a good venture for them being on a bike with so much buzz around it and having the exclusivity of the only shock that fits the frame.
The EXO radical gets a Rocco WC Ti, is that a big enough manufacturer for you?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Nice one Socket, I was going to post the exact same message after reading their website, but scrolled down and saw your post.
Snap.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Manitou made those remote-res shocks for the Giants, Fox did the same for Turners as well as making those wack Brain shocks for Specialized... but yeah I agree, seems a bit silly.

PDB

Chimp
Oct 4, 2006
Boulder, CO
I'm a little new to this forum, but I'm pretty interested in getting ahold of one of these bikes. I've wanted a Sunn for eons..
I saw something about Nemisis Project being able to get these - but I couldn't find their site or ctc info. Any have this info? Other place to buy these?
Thanks!

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I'm a little new to this forum, but I'm pretty interested in getting ahold of one of these bikes. I've wanted a Sunn for eons..
I saw something about Nemisis Project being able to get these - but I couldn't find their site or ctc info. Any have this info? Other place to buy these?
Thanks!
email Brad:

evil4bc@mac.com

jason