Quantcast

Super Clean Gearbox out of NZ

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
When my bike finally breaks, it's going to be this or a Canfield. It just looks so smooth.

I wonder if it rides well at all. :D

I wonder if they will do an aluminum version too.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
From an e-mail sent to an info list.

"It's been a long time since my last update.... after a false start or two I didn't want to build the hype and not be able to deliver the goods.....

Working with a proven manufacturer we have been making good progress and are on track to have frames early next year. A pilot run of 10 frames is underway at the moment and a few lucky people they will be riding a new Zerode in 2010. The rear ends are complete and a few sneaky pics of the completed front triangles have been arriving in my inbox......

It's been a lot of work but we are almost there! "

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Two weeks?
Don't be Evil.

nah - imho this is a bit different - in this case we're watching a real R&D program by a one man band on the way to production BEFORE the hype starts. He's treading carefully for exactly the '2 weeks' reason.

Fits and starts, over a long time, but the photo of the frame (yeah yeah) looks kosher. Can't wait.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I just hope A) it comes in my size, B) It becomes available in EARLY 11, if not sooner, and C) they keep the floater, which it looked like they had ditched. If not, I'd have to pursue one from the rapy components.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Found this digging on a local forum.

Apparently (again from the local forum) both DH and AM frames will be released at the same time and will be limited to 30 frames a piece.

With luck hitting the market 'in two weeks'.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
The first (DH) frame was in the air somewhere between the US of A and NZ as of last weekend.

The two guys behind Zerode are top guys, they definitely don't want to fall into the all hype no result basket. If Dodzy or Rob come out and say they are two weeks away then they will be two weeks away. Until then I would take anything on a forum with a grain of salt.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
not sure if this pic has been posted yet (anybody have a larger iteration?). can never have too many. so much want; i really need this in my minimalist stable.

Attachments

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I might be the only dissenting turd here, but the AM bike just doesn't do it for me like the DH bike. Maybe as a mini DH bike it'll work great, but I feel like it'll really suffer as an XC sled...and yes, and AM bike has to do both.

The chainstays already look pretty long. They'll only get longer under sag. The seatpost angle is way back. Finally, the pivot is really pretty high for an AM bike. All of these things are fine for DH, but when you also have to go up, they're going to suck.

I think it's a neat concept, and brushed up it would make a great trailbike, but I think, as it sits, it's meant for going down.