Quantcast

<#> tardy thursday gmt <?>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FFFF. Just spoke with the recruiter for the job I thought went so well on Wednesday. They thought it went well too, liked me, and arent considering anyone else, but there was some concern with my gap in employment. WTF is this shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FFFF. Just spoke with the recruiter for the job I thought went so well on Wednesday. They thought it went well too, liked me, and arent considering anyone else, but there was some concern with my gap in employment. WTF is this shit.
Show them your instagram so that they know you weren't in rehab or something.

Actually, maybe it's not a great idea to share personal social media of any sort with a potential or current employer..

That's balls though. The heck does it even matter?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That concern is invariably coming from a Boomer. :D

Also: "I was recharging my batteries."

Also: Fuck those people.

:mad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Show them your instagram so that they know you weren't in rehab or something.

Actually, maybe it's not a great idea to share personal social media of any sort with a potential or current employer..

That's balls though. The heck does it even matter?
Fucked if I know. Some people think it's awesome and a huge plus, some people have great big career boners and cant understand why someone wouldn't want to be working.

That concern is invariably coming from a Boomer. :D

Also: "I was recharging my batteries."

Also: Fuck those people.

:mad:
Oddly, it's coming from someone my age.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that is an opportunity. You can pare down the answer to show your sense of adventure, AND imply that's out of your system. Dazzle them with the story, make them 'get it', if you play this right they'll be ok with this I guarantee.
The best part of an interview is the "so tell me about yourself" portion. That's where you make an impression.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
that is an opportunity. You can pare down the answer to show your sense of adventure, AND imply that's out of your system. Dazzle them with the story, make them 'get it', if you play this right they'll be ok with this I guarantee.
The best part of an interview is the "so tell me about yourself" portion. That's where you make an impression.
:stupid:

Man honestly, if they are going to count that against you, that's a place you don't want to work.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's funny, in this process I've definitely run into several people who think the purpose of life is to get a job, climb the ladder, have a few kids, then die.
Those are people that end up in a wheelchair on the porch complaining that they wish they could have done this or that when they were young enough to do it. Fuck being one of those people

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No matter what Iron you buy. Make sure it has atleast 3" of depth. Grill pans that are not actually Pans suck. Use Ghee to season them.