Quantcast

Team Rumourz

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Who shat in your croisant?

I've no idea how he got the entry (and don't actually care) but after following his progress on the mx bikes I was definitely interested in seeing how Anaheim went for him.

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
not that anyone here cares, but Sam Gaze is now teammates with Van der Poel

This guys attitude stinks, sooner he leaves mtb for road the better.

With regards to Kerr at A1, I don't think he would have qualified (guess it depends how many guys showed up) but I was interested to see how he went. Shame he was told he could race then wasn't allowed.

Last edited:

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
No doubt there are some legitimate concerns about letting him try to qualify. That said, I'd say most of it is political/ideological as evidenced by the level of butthurt on the Vital MX thread... This sums it up nicely (and shamelessly stolen from said thread):

bernard kerr .jpg

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
So what’s the reason Kerr couldn’t race?

His POV – that any non-US person with an FIM license could enter without any regional or national points – seemed a bit far fetched to me. Or did I misunderstand?

If that was the case, it seems like there’d be thousands of wealthy brit, dutch, Italian and spanish kids lined up for every SX quali. They’d need an extra 4 days for the qualies.

I’d assumed his industry contacts had confirmed it. Kerr looks pretty stupid now, but perhaps he was hoodwinked.

I’m not being a dick — it was a cool story/idea/social media campaign.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nico Vink on Transition.

Neff out 3 months minimum due to spleen injury. can't ride *at all*

Pauline Ferrand Prevot's iliac endofibrosis has returned and will require surgery. not sure how long she'll be out.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
So what’s the reason Kerr couldn’t race?

His POV – that any non-US person with an FIM license could enter without any regional or national points – seemed a bit far fetched to me. Or did I misunderstand?

If that was the case, it seems like there’d be thousands of wealthy brit, dutch, Italian and spanish kids lined up for every SX quali. They’d need an extra 4 days for the qualies.

I’d assumed his industry contacts had confirmed it. Kerr looks pretty stupid now, but perhaps he was hoodwinked.

I’m not being a dick — it was a cool story/idea/social media campaign.

I am not certain of the points required to enter a SX event on local and national races but I assume he didn't have enough races under his belt. Hell I can't even find his name online over the past with race results or anything. I have friends that haven't raced Pro in close to 10 years and their random results show up fine. I didn't see anything in those videos that would indicate he is more than say an Intermediate level rider. Maybe they didn't show him going hard who knows. Was good publicity I guess....that is a shot of my buddies bike. Yes its an RMZ converted to a 500 smoker.
15977933_10210219362578539_8996397915125559361_n.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kerr was interviewed on the downtime podcast which dropped just before xmas...... apparently this was the result of a bet with some moto dudes from his time living in NZ. don't think he has any actual moto race experience.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Gotta give him credit for having the balls to want to try, anytime there is a crossover athlete people will wanna hate.
I think its was a cool idea and a shame he didn't get a shot, if he was able to qualify it would have given WC downhillers some shine for sure.
A few years ago I would have said no chance he qualifies, but if Conor can go the distance with Floyd? Anything is possible.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Bruni giving up WC DH to concentrate on E-bike racing for 2020...

_20200107_183700.JPG

You heard it here first.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I really hope he can get it together this season, he has talent but has been broken a lot recently.
The fact that he posts clips of him absolutely shredding at the hill I can see from my house helps me be a fan.
Yeah, he definitely has a lot of speed in him and I like his riding too. I just doubt that he will have a good time on the propain team. But maybe I'm wrong and he will have the season he deserves.

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
Yeah, he definitely has a lot of speed in him and I like his riding too. I just doubt that he will have a good time on the propain team. But maybe I'm wrong and he will have the season he deserves.
I also have my doubts, he's gone from Trek to Commencal to GT and now Propain, not really moving forward.....

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Judging from Cathrovision, I would love to see Ben review the bigger enduro/dh bikes instead of the Downcountry crew that are currently testing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout