FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
man, there's a lot of things I hate about social media, but one of the worst is everyone and their sister who's affiliated with a brand posting the exact same fucking thing, to go along with every media outlet unembargoed and also spamming the shit out of it, nothing makes me less interested in whatever the fuck they're pushing this time.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
man, there's a lot of things I hate about social media, but one of the worst is everyone and their sister who's affiliated with a brand posting the exact same fucking thing, to go along with every media outlet unembargoed and also spamming the shit out of it, nothing makes me less interested in whatever the fuck they're pushing this time.
OK boomer

:D

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
That's why I'm not on FB, not on IG, dont even use WA. Fuck that shit. If I want to know something I go and look for it.

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
So no twin-shock carbon racebike then? Sounds like a very expensive experiment to just abandon.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yup, my bad. I guess one tends to pick up the motorized projects as example of their failure because they were the biggest/most visible ones, but on a quick recap, the 90s were pretty heavy in terms of mishaps for Cannondale.
I don't know many other bike companies that attempted to produce suspension, brakes, drivetrains, cockpit components, apparel AND motor vehicles. On one hand you have to applaud their ambition, on the other - maybe they could have spent that R&D budget on frame durability mods...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Feel pretty bad for Moir - fingers crossed Canyon gets him to quite a few DH races.

Then again, 3 top 10 EWS results from 3 entries - he could be quite a threat this season if he's doing them as his primary focus.

Also, the Masters brothers putting him in touch with a new sponsor. Those two goons do more for fellow racers than any Federation ever did.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I REALLY hope this was either said sarcastically or you are just a dumbass. Neko does more for DH in a weekend during the offseason than you have done your entire life. Windrock EXISTS because of him, asshole.

Imagine kicking Moir to the curb and keeping that other guy Gwin insists om dragging with him everywhere he goes. Best of luck to Moir!

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I thought the purpose of a world cup team was to get world cup results? I phrased it the way I did because I couldn't remember his name at the time, not because I wanted to detract from his contributions to the sport of downhill. The guy might've performed better than Moir last year but since the start of 2015 he's been in the top ten exactly twice. I've seen the term "also-ran" used about him on here on several occasions.

Love you too, babe.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I REALLY hope this was either said sarcastically or you are just a dumbass. Neko does more for DH in a weekend during the offseason than you have done your entire life. Windrock EXISTS because of him, asshole.
Um, sorry man. Hate to burst your bubble. Nothing against Neko, havent met him, sure he is a good guy, but a group of dedicated racers started building at windrock in the late 90s as a place to train for Nationals. East Tennessee really didn't have any dedicated DH tracks so that was the logical place. I rode my Fat City buck shaver there in 97, maybe 96? Place was really different then and there was a definite sense of exploration as if you took the wrong route you could end up in Kentucky.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Um, sorry man. Hate to burst your bubble. Nothing against Neko, havent met him, sure he is a good guy, but a group of dedicated racers started building at windrock in the late 90s as a place to train for Nationals. East Tennessee really didn't have any dedicated DH tracks so that was the logical place. I rode my Fat City buck shaver there in 97, maybe 96? Place was really different then and there was a definite sense of exploration as if you took the wrong route you could end up in Kentucky.
the current bike park there is by and large his doing, as is the fact that it's now a venue for national races.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hah - i started to write this yesterday, but it didn't post for some reason:

"well, to be fair windrock existed well before him...but he has been a large part of the revitalization of dh racing in the southeast for sure, and bringing windrock to a larger audience.

speaking of....heading out there next wknd :brows:

i see chris f's point though. in terms of being a strong contender at wc over the past few years, moir's been more on point than either neko or gwin really. still, neko's as good a rider as moir when he's on point."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i see chris f's point though. in terms of being a strong contender at wc over the past few years, moir's been more on point than either neko or gwin really. still, neko's as good a rider as moir when he's on point."
Is he though?

Neko finished higher in the overall in 2019 than Gwin did. Neko was 25th, Gwin was 27th, Moir was 42nd. and Moir finished more WC's than either Gwin or Mulally in 2019.