Quantcast

Terry Schiavo again...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
RhinofromWA said:
She was "dead" just her organs were still pumping.
i take it you didn't watch/listen to the video link from a few posts back
RhinofromWA said:
Divorce her? That would be running out on her...and leaving her to the torture of her family keeping her organs alive. He did what he had to do for Terry. I think you would do the same thing....carry out her will. He turned down some serious cash to divorce her. If he was willing to divorce her, I would think the cash incentive would have done it.
you just made a pretty good case for poligamy

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
$tinkle said:
i take it you didn't watch/listen to the video link from a few posts back
I don't have audio....there wasn't much reaction "visually" from what I could see.

Other video I have seen has her mom talking and blowing on her eyes to make her react. Involuntary reaction.

you just made a pretty good case for poligamy
I am sorry .....when did you start smoking crack? ;) j/k

I don't see a case for poligamy. A case for a husband protecting his wifes wishes from well meaning parents who desperately want their daughter back but unfortunately is no longer "present". We see what we want to see, especially moans and squeeks of a dain bramaged person...who is but a shell of what she was.

Keeping Terry alive serve her parents not her.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
$tinkle said:
no idea.
i looked for that info myself
It doesn't exactly show her as being fully healthy and it doesn't make for thrilling viewing but it's not what I would have understood as a persistive vegatative state. It implies a degree of awareness, although the context and production of the clip could be misleading.

Having said that, if she was as aware as the clip implies would she not have shown some form of protest against the removal of the feeding tube?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
fluff said:
It doesn't exactly show her as being fully healthy and it doesn't make for thrilling viewing but it's not what I would have understood as a persistive vegatative state. It implies a degree of awareness, although the context and production of the clip could be misleading.
highly biased maybe (it's from a pro-terri site), but being mislead would be the fault of the viewer
fluff said:
Having said that, if she was as aware as the clip implies would she not have shown some form of protest against the removal of the feeding tube?
that would imply a profound awareness of her environment, as well as cognitive ability to interpret what she takes in, which i believe was absolutely lacking (even though she was not brain-dead, nor on life-support).

in these respects, she was kinda like the severely mentally retarded, or those in the late-stages of alzheimers or dementia (recognizing of course the severely mentally retarded never have congitive ability like terri did until 15 yrs ago - same cannot be said of 2nd named group)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this probably has nothing to do w/ the topic at hand, but i thought that the lyrics from this delgados song was very fitting:

''Destroy the noises that make all the voices
Get them out of my head
Bring on the screaming and I’ll take your demons now that I’m already dead
Oh how the rights of the righteous kept coming
Shining before like the day
I stand before them and cried that you’re dying your way

I’m still not sure if the right and the wrong side is one"

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Anyone know the results of the autopsy? I mean, if we're gonna parade a family across the nation so we can all ogle the nastiness - why not finish the damned saga?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Jr_Bullit said:
Anyone know the results of the autopsy?
Yes:
Terri Schiavo Dies Of Embarrassment
PINELLAS PARK, FL—Terri Schiavo, the shy woman whose self-image issues put her in a 15-year coma, died of embarrassment Thursday, the eyes of the entire world fixed upon her. "Terri, who had been extremely reserved before her debilitation, found herself trapped at the center of an epic legal battle that became the focus of the nation," said Dr. Kyle Williamson, who treated Schiavo several years ago. "The involvement of President Bush, Congress, and numerous church officials further complicated what might have been a simple right-to-die case, and made Terri's weight issues and family difficulties public knowledge. She finally succumbed to the embarrassment last week, at age 41." Specifics of Schiavo's dying breath and photos of the woman in her self-conscious 20s have been appearing in newspapers worldwide since her death.

-The Onion, sometimes even more factual than the "real" news.

EATYOURFACE

Chimp
Mar 30, 2005
fort collins, colorado
its not a simple right to die case, because her husband is the only one who supposedly heard her say that she wouldnt want to live that way, and that was after he had just recieved like 2 million for her rehabilitation. If theres ever any doubt shouldnt we choose life? Isnt this country all about the strong protecting the weak?