Quantcast

The 2012 NFL thread

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
True, but he only has a 50% winning rate with Syracuse as a head coach. Although that is still better than the Bills record over the past 3 years.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I would think the Bills would have wanted to invest in a high-win college or NFL coach, but what do I know. Syracuse was just starting to become worth watching, too...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like the Bills hire. Look, they're Buffalo. They are not going to convince Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, or any other top candidates to coach there when there are better jobs open. They were only going to get an aspiring coordinator, college coach, or some old run of the mill NFL head coach re-tread (Steve Spagnoulo, Norv Turner, Ken Whisenhunt et al).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I like this pick.

It's clearly a firm commitment to mediocrity by the Bills organization.

In all honesty, though, there's enough talent out on the field that they may just need a culture change to get things jump started, which this will at least provide.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I read this one this morning.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8833397/bernie-kosar-former-cleveland-browns-quarterback-finding-help-concussions

Certainly explains why Bernie looked like an absolute mess when I watched the "Broke" 30 for 30 show.
Bernie, in effect, put his head through the windshield every Sunday.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
coughlin and shanahan have got to be two of the most miserable looking sons of b!tches on the sidelines...i don't see how anyone wants to play for those two dipsh!ts.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar just rolled over in their graves.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Decisions are judged based on process, not outcome.
in a perfect world yes. In sports its always been "the best player starts" It may have been ugly but it was quickly obvious that Kaepernik was the best player. You don't step back when winning is all that matters. In the 49ers heyday under Walsh, the second a player lost a step and there was someone slightly better the switch was made.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Ravens win was awesome. The bar I was at here in Baltimore went absolutely nuts when Flacco threw that hail Mary. When Tucker lined up to kick the game winner I had flashbacks to the AFC championship game last year when Cundiff shanked the game tying kick.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Man, Sherman had two of the best pass defenses on that drive that I've ever seen.

Totally clean, sure-handed, solid knockdowns. No fingertip deflections, questionable interference, nothing.