Quantcast

The 2013 NFL thread

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Dear Lions,

Thank you again for building a team with talented players. Thank you again for going on a small win streak and looking "for real" and tempting me into drinking the honolulu blue kool aid. Thank you again for allowing me to get sucked in and waste 3 hours on yet another sunday only to see you start down the path of "same old lions" and if so and so keeps tanking as well we have a chance and if so and so loses we could still win the division and get blown out in a first round play off game.

Thank you lions. Thank you.

Signed Kickstand.
Dear Lions,

Thank you for blowing out Green Bay on Thanksgiving. It ONCE AGAIN tricked me into thinking maybe you just had a bad 2 week stretch against pittsburgh and TB. I mean, Pittsburgh I understood, you were on the road, Veteran QB, bad conditions, the Steelers (you know that team with 5 SB Rings or so), I under stood it. But then to get embarrassed by a rookie QB at home against a 2 win team....Good comeback with the Packers though, you proved you were indeed for real beating a division foe, against a QB who through for 500 yards and 17 TD's against you the last time you saw him. Off to Philly where you took an early lead, and then.....and then.......and then you **** the bed like you ALWAYS do.

Thank you lions, Thank you.

Signed,

Kickstand, your optimistically pessimistic fan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dear Lions,

Thank you for blowing out Green Bay on Thanksgiving. It ONCE AGAIN tricked me into thinking maybe you just had a bad 2 week stretch against pittsburgh and TB. I mean, Pittsburgh I understood, you were on the road, Veteran QB, bad conditions, the Steelers (you know that team with 5 SB Rings or so), I under stood it. But then to get embarrassed by a rookie QB at home against a 2 win team....Good comeback with the Packers though, you proved you were indeed for real beating a division foe, against a QB who through for 500 yards and 17 TD's against you the last time you saw him. Off to Philly where you took an early lead, and then.....and then.......and then you **** the bed like you ALWAYS do.

Thank you lions, Thank you.

Signed,

Kickstand, your optimistically pessimistic fan.
i only caught part of the second quarter. did they plow the field at half time?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He would have made that kick from 65 yards, he nailed that kick.
Did you see the sideways shot? The kick squeaked over the crossbar by like a foot.

I loved seeing it but it wouldn't have been good from more than about 6" behind where he kicked it :monkey:

Sports Center will never rank a kick that high, though. I mean, why showcase the breaking of a record that stood for 40+ years when they could highlight the latest time a 7' tall man managed to dunk over another 7' tall man or whatever?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sports Center will never rank a kick that high, though. I mean, why showcase the breaking of a record that stood for 40+ years when they could highlight the latest time a 7' tall man managed to dunk over another 7' tall man or whatever?
Today's #1 was a 3 pointer. Because, you know, no one in the history of basketball has ever made one of those before. :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Today's #1 was a 3 pointer. Because, you know, no one in the history of basketball has ever made one of those before. :rolleyes:
Ah, yes. I can see how that would be more exciting.

I mean, I can hit 64 yard kicks from the parking lot...

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Did you see the sideways shot? The kick squeaked over the crossbar by like a foot.

I loved seeing it but it wouldn't have been good from more than about 6" behind where he kicked it :monkey:

I did exagerate a bit, the point was that he really got a good bit of leg on that one.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
gone all weekend and in a staff meeting until 9pm tonight. saw no football, didn't miss it, Yosemite was way more fun than sitting in front of the boob tube even if my wife did break her ankle.
I don't know the lions v eagles game was pretty fun to watch .

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Hahaha, I love how Jason Garrett throws romo under the bus for throwing the interception at the end of the game. They had like 18 runs called and were averaging 7 yards a carry or so, yet thhey kept calling pass plays for the whole second half so they could give the game away......

Oh, yeah, and go lions.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yet another day where Romo leads the team to 36 points, 360 yards, 2 thrown TDs, and everyone cries about the interception.

Romo brought the team in at halftime with a 23 point lead. It wasn't on the quarterback that the defense gave up 5 consecutive TDs to a third string QB and put him in a sh*tty situation where he was making desperate throws.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Yet another day where Romo leads the team to 36 points, 360 yards, 2 thrown TDs, and everyone cries about the interception.

Romo brought the team in at halftime with a 23 point lead. It wasn't on the quarterback that the defense gave up 5 consecutive TDs to a third string QB and put him in a sh*tty situation where he was making desperate throws.
I agree. Even Joe Buck and Troy Aikman couldn't figure out why the cowboys just keep throwing the ball in the second half considering that they had a lead, they had a terrible defense, and weren't running the ball to run time off the clock.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

< insert Barry Switzer joke >

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

Seriously. The INT was dumb, but he still had a good game. Their defense, on the other hand, is absolutely god awful.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That Ravens kicker cost me a fantasy win. Thanks, cock spackle!
Fantasy football sucks. :monkey:

I have the #3 QB (Newton), #1 and #2 RBs (Charles and McCoy), #4 and #7 WRs (Jackson and Jeffery) and I still finished the regular season 7-7 and missed the playoffs. Edit- this is in a 14 team league too. I'm stacked, and still managed to suck.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Fantasy football sucks. :monkey:

I have the #3 QB (Newton), #1 and #2 RBs (Charles and McCoy), #4 and #7 WRs (Jackson and Jeffery) and I still finished the regular season 7-7 and missed the playoffs. Edit- this is in a 14 team league too. I'm stacked, and still managed to suck.
You should have had a less aggressive defense. I mean a more aggressive defense. I mean, run the ball more!