Quantcast

the draft maybe comming back for 2005

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
I heard something one time that albino lizards manipulate crop circles to for giant alliances of sea spray loving, carbonation clad lawn hobbits
your momma!:D :cool:

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
That's one more reason to move to Whistler.

Seriously though, they talk about this every time there is war, first Gulf War they were saying it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hell yeah, i have always wanted to be a draft dodging canadian.

whats the cut off age?

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Biggins,

Did you sign up with the selective service?

I did and I regret it every day. Thank God I'm old enough they more than likely wouldn't summon me. And also thank God that if summoned, I would be a Canadian citizen

there's no way in hell I would go fight for this country

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I did and I regret it every day. Thank God I'm old enough they more than likely wouldn't summon me. And also thank God that if summoned, I would be a Canadian citizen

...and just how would you gain citizenship in canada?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
there is absolutely no circumstance that you'd fight for this country? At all? Never? I'm guessing then you'd be ok with someone breaking into your house?

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by LordOpie
there is absolutely no circumstance that you'd fight for this country? At all? Never? I'm guessing then you'd be ok with someone breaking into your house?

Yeah, go ahead and put all your tightie rightie spin on it that you want to. :rolleyes: it was clear what I was referring to geez
:rolleyes:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by LordOpie
If someone breaks into my house, I'll be fighting for my house, not for my country :confused:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Why is that? If thats the way you feel, you should leave.

OK, I should clarify that statement, I just popped off and it came out a little different than what I meant.

I wouldn't go fight on a foreign soil, however if a war came to my little neck of the woods, yes, I would defend it.

And I'll still get pinned as a communist or something from everyone with their rose colored glasses on, but whatever

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
And I'll still get pinned as a communist or something from everyone with their rose colored glasses on, but whatever
Actually believe it or not I kind of agree. I spent 6 years of my young adult life in the military, and I'm glad I did. But right now, I'm so disgusted by the BS we are pulling in the middle east, no way would I join right now.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by MMike
As king, I would have a bottomless supply of pancakes. It would be paradise.
What about waffles? I would gladly be one of your loyal subjects if you provided me with waffles.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I would sign up first to be a beach patrol boat captain (in my best lisp) That way I can defend the country and get 3 boo-boo's by chance a go home a vetran. :rolleyes: Draftees they send straight in to fighting.....I wanna be on the ships watching with binoculars.

Waite...didn't Kerry do that? :D Oh, my bad he did it to serve our country and wasn't out of active duty due to his injuries and then was allowed to go home.......how can I get that deal?

Rhino

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by Echo
Actually believe it or not I kind of agree. I spent 6 years of my young adult life in the military, and I'm glad I did. But right now, I'm so disgusted by the BS we are pulling in the middle east, no way would I join right now.

believe it, yeah. shocked as hell though:D and what's even weirder (?) is I agreed with your statement about the difference between defending house vs country

if it was actually defending our country, that's one thing, what's going on over there is simply killing our kids :angry: