Quantcast

the draft maybe comming back for 2005

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Originally posted by BurlySurly
If it is nonsence to you, than correct, you are not a good citizen. How can you say that and at the same time say "i love my country?"

That makes no sense.
I believe I made it quite clear that I will die for a just cause, not American causes. Seperate the two, there is a difference.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by stuntmatty
I believe I made it quite clear that I will die for a just cause, not American causes. Seperate the two, there is a difference.
Then that fact has nothing to do with being a citizen if it is seperate from being American.

Means you are a good guy, but a lousy citizen. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Exactly, I'm right in line with the times I quess. :D
Well someone who "loves America" wouldnt be a "lousy American citizen" would they?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
These forums lack tone and inflection. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Why dont we just agree that you make no sense and move on?

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Why dont we just agree that you make no sense and move on?
Or you can miss my point entirely, perhaps it's a bit too abstract for you right now. Suits me just fine. I don't answer to you.

Either way....moving on.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Or you can miss my point entirely, perhaps it's a bit too abstract for you right now. Suits me just fine. I don't answer to you.

Either way....moving on.
:o: yawn.

i think people see. lets do move on.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
So are we talking "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" DanceTV dance-off, or "American Wedding" gay night club dance-off?
Maybe a Zoolander dance off? :D

Go to the web site my model stage name is Wash Rascal :rolleyes:

Derek Zoolander on the homeless
“Even though the homeless are poor and smelly and live in boxes, their clothing and accessories are still really cool.”

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Mine is New Slayer

I'd serve if I got drafted.

Nearly died twice from Scarlet Fever

Broken Vertebrate

Right knee locks up easily

Back problems since the age of 12

Sciatic nerve flared up at the age 18.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Skookum
i wouldn't mess with him man, rumor has it he's got yellow spots on his toes......:monkey:
way to kick a man when he's down and on lamisil.

i bet you'll feel bad if i dont pull through.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
way to kick a man when he's down and on lamisil.

i bet you'll feel bad if i dont pull through.
Note to self:

Don't take any mushrooms that BS may offer...

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
model name: Gon Franz

opinion on "The War On Terror": if people feel that they are obliged to fight for this cause then they should. i personally support the troops (with exception to those involved in the Abu Ghrab (sp?) abuse scandel) but not the cause for this war, we don't have to worry about the draft until it actully happens which may be never, i personally don't have to worry about it as I am still under 18 by somewhat over 3 years. If i do end up in the armed forces i would want to feel some reason for being there and killing people that I have never met, not just because my country wants me to. In my opinion wars should only be fought if the people fighting them are willing to give their lives for the cause.......

just my 2 cents

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Originally posted by MMike
....and most Euro countries..
not most.... Greece only :D:D:D:D:D. However it has gone down to 12months of service now. Its good fun since you can take a year off as a final break before real life begins. Actually some years ago i disliked the idea of going, but now i am really looking forward to go to the special forces...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by narlus
doesn't switzerland also have mandatory service? granted they are not in the EU, but...
Germany does too....the conscripts guard the entrances to all the American bases there. Most of them seemed bored sh*tless and were just counting down the days. At least they were cool to deal with, no unnecessary hassles, American soldiers too for that matter.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
the only army i will have anything to do with is the Salvation Army.

They have the coolest vintage clothes & bric-a-brac CHEAP! :D

yours truly, a $hitty pvssy-ass Generican, :rolleyes:
TN

peatycap

Chimp
May 27, 2004
Maryland
I actually dabble in a bit of legislation for my job. If you want to see the current copy of that Bill go to... http://thomas.loc.gov and type in SB 89. There is a duplicate HB as well. But these Bills have been in committee for a long time now. I personally think that they are as a precauionary matter should something REALLY bad happen. With the elections coming up, staffers start to drop legislation and focus on getting their Rep back in office. AKA... don't expect this to go any where this year...