Quantcast

The FOX RACING SHOX Gravity Open Pro Grt at Plattekill

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
have a set of michelin mud 3's cut and was planning on using them this weekend. they have worked well in the past but platty is a different world.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Can't wait for the weekend to get here.....if you somehow missed Highland GRT make sure you get to Plattekill GRT plenty of fun racing for all categories on separate courses.

JDD has done a great job putting this series together. Oustanding!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Hey, FOX RACING SHOX is really helping in bringing the ProGrt tour to Plattekill. Without their and all the other great race sponsors help it wouldn't be possible.

A bit of heads up for the service that they provide at the race. They don’t want any racers to be disappointed. There is one technician and his priorities are:

1. To look after FOX RACING SHOX Factory sponsored athletes and teams

2. Perform bike setup assistance to all racers with a number plate

3. Take care of any warranty type issues thAT arise at the event.

General maintenance and service work should be performed by your local bike shop. FOX RACING SHOX asks that you do not show up to the race with worn out broken product to be fixed. They are not set up to performed charged service work.

So I guess that means arrive at the race ready to race rather than working on the bike. I think my son has heard this a million times by now.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
^ lame, now i have to wait 5 years while my fork sits at fox =/
its one guy running the truck at a event where possibly hundreds of people will be at. give the guy a break. plus these guys are a bigger priority (along with TWR):

if you dont want to wait for Fox to do service work on your product, have your LBS send the fork to QBP. they are closer to you in NJ and have a fast turn around time for warranty and repair work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey, FOX RACING SHOX is really helping in bringing the ProGrt tour to Plattekill. Without their and all the other great race sponsors help it wouldn't be possible.

A bit of heads up for the service that they provide at the race. They don’t want any racers to be disappointed. There is one technician and his priorities are:

1. To look after FOX RACING SHOX Factory sponsored athletes and teams

2. Perform bike setup assistance to all racers with a number plate

3. Take care of any warranty type issues thAT arise at the event.

General maintenance and service work should be performed by your local bike shop. FOX RACING SHOX asks that you do not show up to the race with worn out broken product to be fixed. They are not set up to performed charged service work.

So I guess that means arrive at the race ready to race rather than working on the bike. I think my son has heard this a million times by now.
This being said, I blew the cart in my fork during practice last year. I asked if he could fix it for me, he said yea just give me the fork itself. An hour later I was back in business and riding again. Can't beat service like that. As thanks I gave the tech a beer at the end of the day :thumb:

Obviously other higher priorities this year, but it really is great to see Fox at races taking care of people.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
its one guy running the truck at a event where possibly hundreds of people will be at. give the guy a break. plus these guys are a bigger priority (along with TWR):

if you dont want to wait for Fox to do service work on your product, have your LBS send the fork to QBP. they are closer to you in NJ and have a fast turn around time for warranty and repair work.
or he could do it himself.... i'm giving my fork some service tonight. Not the cart, but its not due yet. Just a thorough cleaning, and putting in enduro seals.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's amazing that course is a Pro race course now. That course started as tape and nothing else......wasn't raked or 'worked' in anyway, it was 100% ridden in.....
when was this? its been used several times for a cat1/pro course and was used last year for the Pro GRT.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
when was this? its been used several times for a cat1/pro course and was used last year for the Pro GRT.
think it was 2001....has been rerouted a little bit, isn't exactly the same....

Was a excellent course then, it's an excellent course now.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
think it was 2001....has been rerouted a little bit, isn't exactly the same....

Was a excellent course then, it's an excellent course now.
yeah, a lot of older trails have been "burned" into great trails now. the mountain doesnt look the same as it did 10 years ago.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
It's just about impossible to cut a new course that wasn't at least part of an old course at Plattekill. Given the 15+ years of USA Cycling racing and well over 100 DH races.

Heck, Miles and a few others used to heli up to the mountain back in the good old days.

On another topic, it's sunny out today in Albany 80 miles NE of the mountain. YAY !!

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
It's just about impossible to cut a new course that wasn't at least part of an old course at Plattekill. Given the 15+ years of USA Cycling racing and well over 100 DH races.

Heck, Miles and a few others used to heli up to the mountain back in the good old days.

On another topic, it's sunny out today in Albany 80 miles NE of the mountain. YAY !!
Sorry I thought this was Facebook

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
always, even in the dry, just make sure they are a soft/sticky compound.

The rain actually makes the traction better. It gets tricky when it stops and things start to dry.
Tru Indeed! I like riding the Kill WHILE it's pouring, Michy comp 16 2.2 or Hutchinson Octopus 2.2 will carve like crazy in the flowy. When the rain stops it starts to get slippery.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
yeah i remember watching guys gap it.. i almost tried it once.. just the thought of catching my back tire on the lip and seeing the fireroad stopped me haha