Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Quickly blocked a few strava lines today. Was looking forward to blocking some others I spotted a few days ago, but someone beat me to it. Woot.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Quickly blocked a few strava lines today. Was looking forward to blocking some others I spotted a few days ago, but someone beat me to it. Woot.
that turn seems on flat ground, but a nice gap jump would be a acceptable "Strava Line" :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's has to be the "dirt Roadies" we get the same thing here they just want to put their head down and spin in a straight line well that's what the roads are for
Even the senior MTBers for life can't corner for shit here. And they need high BB bikes because pedal strikes, yo!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
30 miles on the road bike, 1088 feet of gain with an average moving speed of 10 mph. Made some bad choices after getting bogged down on a road that was too wet to ride. Had to get back to town the hard way.
20200509_133219.jpg
20200509_134633.jpg
20200509_130107.jpg

Highwood Mountains about 50 miles east.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
It's has to be the "dirt Roadies" we get the same thing here they just want to put their head down and spin in a straight line well that's what the roads are for
Can you please tell me again how great super slack 29ers with a long wheelbase are? ;)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have ridden a bit the last weeks, but most w/o phone, so no pics. Did ride from home to the local trails today and explored a little in a small forest on the way there. Usually I ride through on the fire road but was always wondering where these smaller fire roads to both sides veer off to. Turns out they are hardly used old logging roads that are nearly overgrown besides a narrow band that feels single track-ish and is loamy. Some are dead ends, but a surprising number goes through. Nice, more fun on the way to the official trails. :cool:

From the official trails: pump track is open and I did repaired some damage last week, needs final shaping. Just swung by today.
LS-PT.jpg

New drop on the XC trail that a friend build last week.
LS_drop.jpg

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Even the senior MTBers for life can't corner for shit here. And they need high BB bikes because pedal strikes, yo!
IMO mtb is not about all out speed I like popping off of roots pumping rollers coming into the same corners high and late one time low and early another time down the trail it's about fun not about watts and speed

BTW I'm extremely drunk already so sorry if this makes no sense

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
IMO mtb is not about all out speed I like popping off of roots pumping rollers coming into the same corners high and late one time low and early another time down the trail it's about fun not about watts and speed

makes total sense, but I had a few drinks also...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

I likes to be able to pedal all the climbs and one day I will, I dont care how slow. Our local river trails have convenient strava favored routes that were built to be fast, the trails along the edge are twisty because there are no other options.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I likes to be able to pedal all the climbs and one day I will, I dont care how slow. Our local river trails have convenient strava favored routes that were built to be fast, the trails along the edge are twisty because there are no other options.
Samesies. I take more pride in being able to ride up tough things than down them. Boo to Strava heroes, yay to those out there feeding their souls.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why is it so cold :(

The snow and rain today left some of these sandy trails with ear grinning hero dirt.

I also keep bumping into riders without helmets. Sketchy... Especially the father riding a rather long and rooty trail today; his kids had helmets but where was his?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not as cold as yesterday but still pretty windy, therefore not many people on the trails. Got yelled at by someone for "bikes destroying the trails" once.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Experimented with a mullet setup with a 27.5x2.8 tire on the back. Didn't notice any difference in handling bit did have less sting and more traction. Liked it, have concerns about tire durability but so far so good.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Experimented with a mullet setup with a 27.5x2.8 tire on the back. Didn't notice any difference in handling bit did have less sting and more traction. Liked it, have concerns about tire durability but so far so good.
Would you try a 2.6 out back for more a mullety mullet? BB might get low...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@kidwoo has some words for you.

I wish you good luck, but perhaps you are smoother than I am, besides being of less mass.

Remember it is a hardtail. The tires could be a limiting factor but my ankles and spine certainly are. I can assure you I pushed the latter as far as I was willing and the former held up just fine. Also I am running Cushcore and the rocks on the trails I ride tend to be nice and round. Thank you glaciers!

Either way it is really an experiment I will continue with until I destroy something, then it will be back to normal Maxxis WT tires in the casing of my preference.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Remember it is a hardtail. The tires could be a limiting factor but my ankles and spine certainly are. I can assure you I pushed the latter as far as I was willing and the former held up just fine. Also I am running Cushcore and the rocks on the trails I ride tend to be nice and round. Thank you glaciers!
Yeah, the rox here are all pointy. They like to rip through the casing on le big tires.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
you have good graffiti in your 'hood.
I have to use a tunnel to get to a local trail from home. it was once tagged with "I love my gram". Mean streets around here, I tell you.
Yeah, seems like the graffiti has amped up a fair bit around here since the VID, but what they did in the tunnel that I thought was kinda cool (unlike all the other shit they do) was paint the light covers different colors, which gave it a psychedelic feel. My daughter was so impressed, we dropped acid and hung out there for awhile. Now that's how you deal with a case of the Mondays.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, the rox here are all pointy. They like to rip through the casing on le big tires.
I have never cut a tire here, two pinch flats running what was arguably too low a pressure.

There are trails at higher elevation that do have younger sharper rocks, but that is when I would slap my other wheel on.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
from Sunday:
1589308371933.png

snowed on me a few times during the ride.

parking lots are closed off, so I had to do a bit of an urban/bike path ride to get to the trails, but it's less than 20 minutes each way, so I can't really complain.

get to ride trails behind a prison too:
1589308555168.png

roughly the halfway point:
1589308608614.png

homeward bound:
1589308650475.png

my house is almost directly across that bridge. I didn't cross this way - I went the long way 'round, but wanted to see what condition the fence was in:
1589308725757.png

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
voice activated. FANCY! :fancy:

two questions, which trail is that? (if you can say)
what's all that shiny stuff pooled up on the trail in places. I don't see that on my trails.