Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short ride down the road to test out some new shoes.

Went to this fishing spot - the trash people have left behind here..wtf. This is how you lose your fishing spots peeps. Farmer Joe isn't going to be pleased.

And now I'm being hunted.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ramps everywhere. Spent 2 hours digging. 1 riding. My Laurels have runners poking up. Berries and Cherries are looking good. Pears and Peaches not so much. The deer cleaned out all the low stuff.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
The road to Hyalite Reservoir is still closed to traffic til Wednesday so another pavement ride from town for mo' miles and the self righteous zero carbon smug factor.

Most park at the closed gate MUCH closer 1/2 way up the canyon or the turnoff...

Tons of folks out despite the weather being iffy and ultimately windy as fuck.

IMG_20230514_162931346_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Hoping to take the fun bike out for my first proper dirt of '23 at Lewis and Clark Caverns sooooooon...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Pollen/
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
Allergies were so bad today. Took the shortcut out. Bonus: at least the shortcut out pops into my favorite trail at the end!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode bikes in the woods. The GT is nice. The bike I already own is better. I rode that too. Nice comparison though. WTB saddle on the GT was comfy. Noisy bike.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trails seem to have an odd surface in certain spots after our recent weather.
20230516_163241.jpg

edit: (video clip would have shown it running as a stream, rather than a dirt trail)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Came up on a lady kinda speed walking or running along some double track tonight, with an orange dog. She didn't really even glance back as I coasted and got closer, figured she had headphones in.

Holy frig, as soon as her dog saw me it lost its shit. The hair along its spine was standing up and it was acting super aggressive. She immediately snatched the dog and I assume grabbed the collar or put a leash on and started saying sorry. I just looked at her a little cross eyed and kept going... within 30 seconds of going by they were out of sight, but I could hear the dog going ape shit and choking itself on its collar for ten minutes.

Crazies! I wanted to say something to her but restrained...I've been bit by dogs twice while riding so when I see that it's off putting.

Anyways! Trails are super dry here and dusty. Could use some rain.

Came up on a lady kinda speed walking or running along some double track tonight, with an orange dog. She didn't really even glance back as I coasted and got closer, figured she had headphones in.

Holy frig, as soon as her dog saw me it lost its shit. The hair along its spine was standing up and it was acting super aggressive. She immediately snatched the dog and I assume grabbed the collar or put a leash on and started saying sorry. I just looked at her a little cross eyed and kept going... within 30 seconds of going by they were out of sight, but I could hear the dog going ape shit and choking itself on its collar for ten minutes.

Crazies! I wanted to say something to her but restrained...I've been bit by dogs twice while riding so when I see that it's off putting.

Anyways! Trails are super dry here and dusty. Could use some rain.
I meet dogs and folks walking with them all the time. I usually stop to interact with both.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yeah normally it's all good, but this dog had a screw loose.
I passed a woman the other day who had 3 dogs on leashes. I got around her and all the dogs were barking at me and lunging on their leashes. Then I hear her yell and one of the dogs was chasing me with the leash dragging behind it. Oops. I had to pedal faster to keep the dog from catching me.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yea that looks like legit mud spike conditions. Greasy.
It was a day for spikes but I was feeling lazy and only fitted one to the front. Then I got a front flat first run and rode a Conti Argotal for the rest of the day. Sketchy but fun.

Riding down with a front flat in the mud wasn’t that bad until the tire came off the rim and spun the fender bckwards, haha.