Quantcast

the random thought thread

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
This. Especially the Dirty Heads. I was starting to think nobody on the monkey had the same taste in music as me.
Frickin love it! Do you like G Love? I LOVE G Love and Special Sauce. I made a Dirty Heads Pandora station and it plays basically Dirty Heads, Sublime, G Love, and Slightly Stoopid all day long! Makes me super happy.

Have you seen Badfish? Sublime Tribute band, they're really good!
"Are you a Badfish too? Lord knows I'm weak... won't some, body get me offa this reef" NO, I haven't heard them yet, but count me in I'll check 'em out!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
sitting here chuckling. Just flashed on my 7th grade shop teacher sawing off the tips of three of his finger whilst demonstrating the proper and safe use of a band saw. We laughed our asses off watching him run bleeding out of the classroom towards the nurses office.

drop to flat

Chimp
Mar 1, 2012
in a van,whistler
My gf is with another rider now he is renting her skin.Bummer part is i have to infect your site now she changed pass codes on the other local sites nsmb,pinkbike.Thought about recreating new usernames but had the same account for nine years.How did she hack my codes i had super stong passcode.

drop to flat

Chimp
Mar 1, 2012
in a van,whistler
Im lending a bike to a complete stanger to do a race in whistler called mud to crud bike is only worth 1200 .the guy is a member of a group that i help trailbuild for.
The best deraleurs to buy are sram xo you get a few broken ones and they have little clips that you can remove pins to peice together a working one that most people would have to toss away any other brand.
Did anyone ever here the story about evil bikes they are coming back from a financial nightmare ,and they have cam zink onboard.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Django Reinhardt was some carazy chit! Chet Atkins too. I have been lifting Dave Grohl beats from QSA and adding them to Djangos' carazy chit with much success. I love free studio time.... By the way 22 year old Cerwin Vega studio monitors sound as crisp today as the the day they were sold. Yamaha makes some damn good amps...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
well I guess if you are going to crash your motorcycle at speed you might as well do it when two fire engines are less than 1/4 mile behind you heading in your direction. He didn't look real happy as we cut his gear off him and put him on a backboard

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
well I guess if you are going to crash your motorcycle at speed you might as well do it when two fire engines are less than 1/4 mile behind you heading in your direction. He didn't look real happy as we cut his gear off him and put him on a backboard
I saw a guy on a motorcycle get killed on 93 in Boston Friday. Don't weave through traffic, kids.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Dads neighbor crashed his Harley into the fence in his backyard at 4:am last night. The carnage is pretty spectacular. Took the tow truck 2 hours to get it out of the backyard. Bike looked fine...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
it's a good thing my coffee has a lid on it. The coffee i bought at 8:30 this morning probably looks pretty gross by 4:30pm...

it's cold too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I play Chess with an elderly gentleman. He's 70 and lives alone. Twice a week his son comes over and takes care of his needs. So the garbage and dishes are piling up and the litter box was stinking the joint up lately. I only see him once a week, and really don't want to make a big stink. But I cleaned up his place and his son called and asked me to not clean his dads place. I said OK and let it go. Today it was 90 out and I checked in on my friend. He was sitting on the porch panting. He told me not to worry about Jeremy (his son) and asked me to install his air conditioner into his kitchen window. I gladly did it not thinking much about it. Well Jeremy called and told me to leave his dad alone. I feel strangely guilty and kind of concerned about my friend. Have I crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed? His apartment was disgusting and he was embarrassed about it....

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
I play Chess with an elderly gentleman. He's 70 and lives alone. Twice a week his son comes over and takes care of his needs. So the garbage and dishes are piling up and the litter box was stinking the joint up lately. I only see him once a week, and really don't want to make a big stink. But I cleaned up his place and his son called and asked me to not clean his dads place. I said OK and let it go. Today it was 90 out and I checked in on my friend. He was sitting on the porch panting. He told me not to worry about Jeremy (his son) and asked me to install his air conditioner into his kitchen window. I gladly did it not thinking much about it. Well Jeremy called and told me to leave his dad alone. I feel strangely guilty and kind of concerned about my friend. Have I crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed? His apartment was disgusting and he was embarrassed about it....
no actually you did the right thing. I have a feeling the kid wants to have the place be a **** hole so he can claim dad is incompetant and have him moved out. What you are witnessing is what I would call elder abuse. It's almost to the point where Adult Protective Services needs to be brought in to protect the father from the son. I would mention that fact to the son next time he says don't help my old man, let him know he either keeps it clean and in good repair or you will see that he gets a good talking to from APS for elder abuse. Take photos of the place anytime it starts to look like hell. The old man deserves better than to live in filth.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
no actually you did the right thing. I have a feeling the kid wants to have the place be a **** hole so he can claim dad is incompetant and have him moved out. What you are witnessing is what I would call elder abuse. It's almost to the point where Adult Protective Services needs to be brought in to protect the father from the son. I would mention that fact to the son next time he says don't help my old man, let him know he either keeps it clean and in good repair or you will see that he gets a good talking to from APS for elder abuse. Take photos of the place anytime it starts to look like hell. The old man deserves better than to live in filth.
Completely agree with Eric on tis one. If the guy is asking for help, help away.... Screw his ****head son. Keep Helping your friend

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Completely agree with Eric on tis one. If the guy is asking for help, help away.... Screw his ****head son. Keep Helping your friend
The son pays all of his bills and Stan gets to spend His Social Security on fun. Jeremy is quite generous actually. It seems to me that Jeremy holds the fact that Stan made him go to Temple as a child and now Stan doesn't go to temple and Jeremys kids are of age and have no involvement in Stan's life or Stan doesn't support His grandchildren's Jewish something or other. I don't really understand the whole situation actually.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
The son pays all of his bills and Stan gets to spend His Social Security on fun. Jeremy is quite generous actually. It seems to me that Jeremy holds the fact that Stan made him go to Temple as a child and now Stan doesn't go to temple and Jeremys kids are of age and have no involvement in Stan's life or Stan doesn't support His grandchildren's Jewish something or other. I don't really understand the whole situation actually.
the reasons are immaterial. Fact: the old man is living in a non healthy environment that his son is fostering. That is Elder Abuse no ifs and or buts. It needs to be stopped. look at it this way would you be OK with your dad having to live under those conditions? If the answer is no...you need to man up and say this stops now

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
the reasons are immaterial. Fact: the old man is living in a non healthy environment that his son is fostering. That is Elder Abuse no ifs and or buts. It needs to be stopped. look at it this way would you be OK with your dad having to live under those conditions? If the answer is no...you need to man up and say this stops now
I would not....