Quantcast

the spot..

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Me and Tater went to Woodward West last weekend. We were drunk. It was rad. I hurt my shoulder. He hurt his elbow. I got these fyckers...

Apr 30, 2006
well . . . really, when the pitchers were $5 and the pints were $1, it was hard not being drunk. Plus the citizens of Tehachapi helped our cause by buying us a round. Our fate really wasn't in our hands.

From what I saw, this was the best drunken turndown of the night.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
the crazy old man said he was gonna make it tall and straight-up to mimic a bmx jump. did he?
I don't know. That's what I'm asking. I haven't been there since Sunday, when it was tall and flat.

I hope it's damn near straight up. Doesn't have to be that tall, though. I don't know why he tore down the one that was there...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
I don't know. That's what I'm asking. I haven't been there since Sunday, when it was tall and flat.

I hope it's damn near straight up. Doesn't have to be that tall, though. I don't know why he tore down the one that was there...
we all told him to make it taller and lippy.. im sure he will. i might slide out there this afternoon for a couple hours to peep the scene.

we started fycking with it and what was added on was crumbling away when we tried to shape it. then you came up and saw it was all hacked. honestly i think it was for the better. and if we dont like it we'll just rework it again til we get it right. was the line hittable sunday? im itchin to ride it...

Apr 30, 2006
The way he made that thing was not fun. I am all for equal opportunity, but making it so that it shoots you into the third jump, just so that everyone can do is not the best idea. The first time I did that thing I saw the landing behind my shoulder as I was still about 5 feet in the air. . .and at a horizontal trajectory.

I hope old man Kurt worked on it this week. If he didn't he will have to answer to Ricky.

Apr 30, 2006
if i go out and its still like that, i will re shape it...
Ricky worked on it most of the day while we were out there on Sunday. It still needs some height and definitely more pop.

You know either that, or make the landing flat and extend it out about five feet to where the lip shoots you right now.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
report back what you see, I can make it out there tomo for a dig session.

Oh yeah, don't forget that Crazy old man also worked 3-4 straight days hauling and digging, I think he at least deserves props for taking the burden off all you guys who don't like to work hard hauling dirt, teh shaping is the easy part...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track

Oh yeah, don't forget that Crazy old man also worked 3-4 straight days hauling and digging, I think he at least deserves props for taking the burden off all you guys who don't like to work hard hauling dirt, teh shaping is the easy part...
Get off his nuts. Yeah, it's cool that he put in so much work in the past and got us the key. But, we've put in a lot of work without him. And it seems like the core group of riders that ride up there want that place to go in a different direction than he does.

But, no worries, we'll see how it goes for a while.

Apr 30, 2006

It is great that he is building, he definitely deserves props. But it should also be remembered that that jump had a lot of work done, hauling dirt and and water, before he tore it down to rebuild it how he wanted it. So yes, it easy to reshape, but it wouldn't have been necessary if he had just left it alone.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Off his nuts? whatever, tuff guy...

My point is that we should appreciate what he's doing, i.e., moving a lot of dirt that we would have to do, that makes it easier for us to finish what we want. Why can't you try to work with somebody instead of alienating them? I never said he should get to say what the lips are like, you need a book on reading comprehension.

But yeah, i almost puked when I saw him tear down the top of the lip and I let him know I was pissed, but why bitch over something that's already happened? Go back to work and make it better than it was...

Apr 30, 2006
Why can't you try to work with somebody instead of alienating them?
I don't think anyone is alienating him (although he is doing a good job of alienating himself by tearing down what was built by a group). What is done is done, you are right, but why should we accept fixing everything he breaks just to let him be involved-especially when we collectively decided a long time ago what direction we wanted for the jumps .

Again, I appreciate his work and I definitely appreciate his water, but from past experiences, this is a sign of things to come.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I've been trying to work with him. That's why I said give it some time. But, he told me the 2nd jump after the canyon (the one after the newer jump on the right) is "the best jump out here." Please. That thing is flatter than yo mom. (yeah, I am a tuff guy... :biggrin: )

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
fiddy, I don't think Cru and i have ever not been friends, we're just busting each others balls, I'm know we're on the same page.

potato, as far as I know, this is the first wonky think he's done, besides, that lip needed rebuilding anyhow, remember how fragile it was? I'm all for regulating on the guy if he continues to screw shiit up, but he's got way more free time than us, he's probably got access to big weapons, and he's obviously ready for a flight over the cuckoo's nest... Anyhow, can't we all just get along? :monkeydance:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
i'm headin to the OC for the weekend, you guys will have that done by monday, right? I got monday off....
Hey, are you participating in the E sanz Gravity Camp tomorrow?

Would be fun to ride with you again...it's been a while.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hey, are you participating in the E sanz Gravity Camp tomorrow?

Would be fun to ride with you again...it's been a while.
So bummed I'm gonna miss that camp :(
Althought, Santiago is in town, so I will probably ride with him in the morrow.

Say whassup to JH.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
So bummed I'm gonna miss that camp :(
Althought, Santiago is in town, so I will probably ride with him in the morrow.

Say whassup to JH.
Santiago? Hmmm is he here to ride or to see how many chicks he can grab in one glance? That's the only guy I know that goes to Whistler for the girls, riding is secondary!
Tell that Cubano I said hi!

JH? Yes, it's a mini retro, Whistla group thang...maybe you should show up.

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
what are you coming to OC for? you gonna bring yer bike? I'm down for some riding all day tomorrow. I'm either riding local or i'm gonna make the journey up to the whoops. The whoop deal sounds good to me cause i'm thirsty as a muthaf*kka and drinking cool ones on the side of the hill is way chill.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
what are you coming to OC for? you gonna bring yer bike? I'm down for some riding all day tomorrow. I'm either riding local or i'm gonna make the journey up to the whoops. The whoop deal sounds good to me cause i'm thirsty as a muthaf*kka and drinking cool ones on the side of the hill is way chill.
Come to da whoops. There will be peeps there all day. I'll be there from about 10 to 3. Gotta cut out early for a Clippers game.