Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

But I think I'm to Canadian for this test... I wasn't using the "extremely" options as often as I probably should. Also I didn't know what the Treaty of Waitangi is, so I answered "I don't know". In a cursory glance at what it is online, Im still not sure it should be used to govern every day politics. On the face of it, it would seem to be a good idea, since it appears to people of European descent and Maori on equal footing, but o don't know... Maybe it's too late for that now, and full and proper reparations are due?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
How to get your pants sued off

Oh, my...

"He was hoping the removal could be done for free and said he posted online asking for someone to do the job in exchange for the wood. He told KIRO7 someone accepted, came by on Monday, and started doing the work despite the windy conditions."

:rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, my...

"He was hoping the removal could be done for free and said he posted online asking for someone to do the job in exchange for the wood. He told KIRO7 someone accepted, came by on Monday, and started doing the work despite the windy conditions."

:rofl:

A friend of mine is an arborist who started making his own line of rope ascenders and integrated helmet/com systems for arborists. He quickly changed his target audience to rescue crews as per his description "most arborists are just meth-heads with chainsaws"

As proof I asked a neighbor of mine to take care of a dead tree that was leanding towards my property before I put it up for sale. The crew he hired showed up shitfaced and managed to have the tree fall in the wrong direction taking out two trees in my yard. Attempting take legal action on said meth-heads would have been pointless.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
A friend of mine is an arborist who started making his own line of rope ascenders and integrated helmet/com systems for arborists. He quickly changed his target audience to rescue crews as per his description "most arborists are just meth-heads with chainsaws"

As proof I asked a neighbor of mine to take care of a dead tree that was leanding towards my property before I put it up for sale. The crew he hired showed up shitfaced and managed to have the tree fall in the wrong direction taking out two trees in my yard. Attempting take legal action on said meth-heads would have been pointless.
Nah - you take legal action against the neighbor. Simply asking if he has a good umbrella policy should let your intentions be known... :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nah - you take legal action against the neighbor. Simply asking if he has a good umbrella policy should let your intentions be known... :D

wouldn't have mattered. The new owner of the house cut down all of the trees and bushes in the yard short of one. I guess some people don't like shade, privacy and love oppressive southern heat. Bastards even took down my mountain laurels and put up fake plastic picket fences.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007

My neighbor works for a tree company. They were out two days ago to remove some trees and, in the process of partially grinding one stump, blasted my car with gravel from their driveway leaving some nice dents and spots of missing paint. Stump grinder guy could not have been less concerned when I confronted him about it.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
My neighbor works for a tree company. They were out two days ago to remove some trees and, in the process of partially grinding one stump, blasted my car with gravel from their driveway leaving some nice dents and spots of missing paint. Stump grinder guy could not have been less concerned when I confronted him about it.
Hopefully, he was just as unconcerned when you took a sledge to his truck.

Did you at least get vid or pictures showing the grinder, your vehicle, distance and orientation, projectiles and said damage for his insurance company to enjoy? Fucking oxygen thieves. :disgust1:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
They are no longer allowed on club rides. :rofl:

What sort of horrific thing is this "The Villages" place? I only briefly looked around that site and then found out it's some sort of "community" in central Florida? Stuff of nightmares, from the looks of it... :panic:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
What sort of horrific thing is this "The Villages" place? I only briefly looked around that site and then found out it's some sort of "community" in central Florida? Stuff of nightmares, from the looks of it... :panic:
Gaze into the unblinking eye of madness: