Quantcast

The White Bike Thread

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Gimme crap for hopping on the white bandwagon, but I ordered me up a new Chameleon to white out.

I'm thinkin a white Marz. 66, white Azonic Outlaws, white Syncros Mental pedals. How can I get a Berreclough bar and stem?

Anyone else white out their ride?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've always liked white bikes, but never had a completely white one...had two different paint jobs for my wojcik (green->white; red->white)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Had a white GT Team i-drive back in '99. Loved the paint job, but I didn't white-it-out. Nice to have a bit of contrast and black parts look so sweet on a white frame.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have never owned a white bike, but I have done some cool white based frames for others.

DuPont Glacier White looks whiter than white (if that's possible) because of a slight blue hue. When you put it next to "white" it looks cleaner and brighter, a very cool color.

I also used Raceway White that is satin finish and looks more like parchment, but a very cool color.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Gimme crap for hopping on the white bandwagon, but I ordered me up a new Chameleon to white out.

I'm thinkin a white Marz. 66, white Azonic Outlaws, white Syncros Mental pedals. How can I get a Berreclough bar and stem?

Anyone else white out their ride?
I do believe that Deity bars and stems come in white...might be a little burly for that desert/urban scene you gots goin' on....

And if you actually get a picture of it completely white post-ride....something went horribly wrong. :D

Unless you rode through a cheerleader car wash...then it's ok.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sweet rig, is that a homebuilt?

I used to have a white DBR x6 about 6 years ago, and I'll have a new white bike in about a month....
kinda... its from a custom framebuilder in Rochester, NY - Draco Industries. This is their proto DH race frame, there's only one other one and that belongs to the company owner, Andy (i actually think he's trying to sell it ATM). They've done a lot of hardtails (mostly trail street and park bikes), a few bmx, a few xc (with some beautiful lugged carbon seatstays). RIght now they're really only doing custom stuff b/c they're all trying to finish college.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ew. White frame + lots of white parts = gross.

White frame + black with a bit of white = good.

EDIT: That goes to the original poster.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I prefer a raw frame with white bits n pieces on it. White frames look like ass after a while...show scratches/dings too easy.

play:

xc: