Quantcast

Things you want non-biking people to know

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I always catch folks who protest the loudest about spandex, staring at my junk. I'll stop wearing it if you stop staring at me....

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
You know, thats actually a good idea. Maybe we should have some :monkey: jerseys or shirts made up with that slogan on the back, ridemonkey symbol on the front. I would totally buy one. Anyone else?
Use JonKranked's slogan on the back. "Have another donut FATASS!"

I'm glad you got the Walmart bike. Even though it's crap, it'll get you pedaling and you might graduate to something better. Welcome to the crew!
I have to agree with you Mr. Peters. That's how I got started. Saved my dough and blew a grand on my first Trek 3 years later.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Non-cyclists don't care that you're a cyclist. There's no need to talk about it or justify it unless they ask. They really don't think its extreme, because they can't relate to what you're explaining to them. I stopped caring a long time ago, and stopped attaching my identity with mountain biking. Best decision I ever made. :) They're two seperate worlds, and it's best that way.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you're not too fat to race competitively, and just b/c you race clydesdale doesn't mean it'll be easy

padrik5

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Silverdale, Wa
Non-cyclists don't care that you're a cyclist. There's no need to talk about it or justify it unless they ask. They really don't think its extreme, because they can't relate to what you're explaining to them. I stopped caring a long time ago, and stopped attaching my identity with mountain biking. Best decision I ever made. :) They're two seperate worlds, and it's best that way.
thank you.

oh and I also have really big nads.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
To the people at work: A 32 mile bike commute to work is not really a long road ride, and it is no magical athletic accomplishment.
32 miles each way or round trip? 'Cause 64 miles/day is pretty bada$$.

I have a 10 mile round trip right now and people think I'm insane.
I used to have a 30+ mile. I kind of miss that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
1 - when I say "mountain bike" I don't mean motorcycle.
B - "downhill" does not mean a dirt walking path that starts at a higher elevation than it ends.
3 - shredding the gnar at Silverstar was fully worth a few months of tube feeding and a minor case of paralysis.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have to agree - no attention is bad attention. ;)

Stop staring at my bulge...
To the untrained eye it would appear that I have a radiator hose in my shorts. I don't. If I catch your wife staring at it. I will wait until your not there to whip it out. If she runs away, you will never see me again. If she can control herself, then I will proudly show it off. If she wants pics I ask for dinner first... Nothing off the dollar menu though....

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Things I want people in The Lounge to know regarding this thread:

Who opened up a can of AWESOME in here?

Things I want non-biking people (God-less sodomites) to know:

1) Downhill mountain biking DOES NOT mean a rider is just coasting the whole way down the mountain.
2) Downhill mountain biking DOES require fitness.
3) To campus security: If you continue to stalk me, I WILL call the police.
4) Ride a bike, run, snowboard, surf, do what you gotta DO man, but find a physical activity that helps you stay healthy and fit, relieve stress, and quite possibly find a meditative state. (sleeping with 2 chicks does NOT count - but if you are having SEX with them, well... that's pretty rad)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
To which I say:

"The gravitational radiation from two point masses in Keplerian circular or elliptic orbit is calculated with the assumption that the orbital plane of the binary undergoes small oscillation about the equilibrium x-y plane."

Wha?

Hooves?

You lost me... :think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
To which I say:

"The gravitational radiation from two point masses in Keplerian circular or elliptic orbit is calculated with the assumption that the orbital plane of the binary undergoes small oscillation about the equilibrium x-y plane."

Wha?

Hooves?

You lost me... :think:
They was walkin up the bank of the crick.... I saw it....

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
No, a wider saddle with more padding would not make my commute comfier.

I can't do a wheelie

When I go out of my way to tell you your fork is on backwards and that's why you're having such a hard time riding don't tell me your bike was assembled by professionals and I'm a jerk.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Dear new rider, Your bottom will quickly acclimate to the chafing. You do not need to run out and buy a gigantic saddle that looks like a padded bar stool.