Quantcast

Thinkin' about moving to upstate NY...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
skytop by syracuse is worth a trip...i wish i had photos of the gnarcorse jumps.

NY is cool...but I'm from syracuse so all I know is snow...everywhere...for months.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Alright, I heard from that paper again, and although I didn't get the last job they had another designer position opened up and they contacted me to put in my resume again. Of course that was a week ago and I haven't heard anything back so who knows. Just thought I would warn you all though... if they make me a good offer (unlikely) I may be invading your state...

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Alright, I heard from that paper again, and although I didn't get the last job they had another designer position opened up and they contacted me to put in my resume again. Of course that was a week ago and I haven't heard anything back so who knows. Just thought I would warn you all though... if they make me a good offer (unlikely) I may be invading your state...
That's great! I have a wonderful house for you to buy!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:think: Invasion noted ;)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
:think: Invasion noted ;)
Got an email from the HNIC over at the paper, he seems really interested and is supposed to call today. We'll see but with the price of real estate/living out there he's gonna have to make a really good offer otherwise the invasion will be put on hold...

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
im located in just north of Lake George, it beuatiful here, great riding. hoep the job works out for you, it would be nice to add another rider to the area. and if you find property and are looking to build, look me up, my wife and i have our own company and design homes, ill hook you up.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
im located in just north of Lake George, it beuatiful here, great riding. hoep the job works out for you, it would be nice to add another rider to the area. and if you find property and are looking to build, look me up, my wife and i have our own company and design homes, ill hook you up.
If you & your wife are interested in riding SMBA or Spier Falls, drop me a PM. Those are my local rides.

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
dude--the price of living ain't that bad. seriously i got a place downtown saratoga and i won't say how much i pay for it......but it's wicked, wicked cheap.
and the riding here is really awesome---decent urban, and dh is only a short drive in any direction.

and money should never be a deciding factor when you plan a move...i did that once and it totally sucked, so i ended up taking a whopping pay cut to get back here where i enjoy it more (i.e. much better riding).

and besides--sometimes you just have to do things just because it is cool.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Well, it's gonna be NO DICE on the move. I spoke with the manager at the potential job, and there is NO WAY I'm moving halfway across the country for the money they're offering. It's unfortunate, but also kind of a relief as well... Colorado has been a good home to me and I don't think I'm quite ready to leave. Maybe I'll still be able to catch you guys at a NE Monkeyfest one of these times...