Quantcast

Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, that's good old demo slug. If you go through his post history, as well as blackagness's, you will see I've made them both meltdown on the board. I'm talking full-scale emotional meltdown. Blackagness's meltdowns were classics and DS didn't want to be involved with the board after a while after I finally declared that he and agness were what ruined the board, not myself or anyone else like they claim. They don't know where to stop and don't realize that the continuance they give the threads works worse against Titus than any flaming anyone can do.

So, if you have a titus and don't like it, they call you a troll.
If Titus didn't treat you right, you're a troll.
If your paint peels off in the box, you're a troll.

They also invent lies to defend Titus, such as the batches that are affected being limited, along with the made in the US. They provide a cover up more than Titus does. I used to like Titus, but when they went overseas and lied about it, I ditched them. At least Yeti didn't go so far to conceal it. Titus even put up a flash tour making like the asia frames were made in Az. Now Pat Hus is at the helm and we know how good he's been for companies. He's the corporate man, not the one with passion for biking. That's why I won't buy a Titus at this point. That, and their ruined message board.

I also love how they pull the Turner card on me, which doesn't affect me in the least. It's also pretty tough to complain against the T customer service.

Back to the cannibalization.
Frankly, besides making promises they won't keep (and wouldn't a $300 rear triangle be worth making this go away), I believe Titus is sticking their guns because if this paint chipping affects many frames, then if they give MDC a free frame, they will have to give everyone one.

I personally like the Ridemonkey vs MTBR. Those pvssies have no idea what hit them.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
:confused: Why get one bike for 2 purposes when you could get 2 new bikes ? :greedy:
No doubt. When I replaced my Quasi, I picked up a Prophet. It soon proved to be a great XC / FR bike, but not exactly built for the bigger drops. Maybe it's just me. I searched around and found a beat up Bullit and built it up with a conglomeration of parts. With those two bikes, I could ride everywhere.

*granted, after having the Prophet for two years now (and it's still a great bike) I'm looking for a Turner Spot for myself. I'll keep the Bullit for the big stuff.

jerk_chicken

Chimp
Mar 28, 2007
Don't forget that Titus is still intent on trying to portray themselves as the small, personal BOUTIQUE bike company. At the level, paint chips aren't acceptable because of the premium, non-discount pricing of the Motolite. Titus knows there's a problem, like the Taiwanese factory is not cleaning the tubes prior to pain, or just using a cheap process. This is profit for Titus and only underscores how the consumer loses in corporations committing to overseas outsourcing. This widens Titus' profit margin, while retaining the same price on the frame and they won't budge on what they know is an ongoing issue. The fact here is that she bought a bike at a premium price and has chips in it that reflect a process less than boutique level, less than what competitors in price classes above and below offer.

I'm sure we all have low end bikes where the paint is still there.

This only shows the new corporate nature of Titus and Pat Hus' intentions with the company. He doesn't understand what the customers are buying. If the paint wasn't important, why aren't they sending over fecal-matter smeared frames? Because they know customers are looking for the paint job as well. While the paint will get damaged over time, the established standard in the industry is a nicely finished frame with a durable finish, not peel off paint, which appears to only have been applied as a formality and puts more money in the pockets of the Taiwanese factory that looks to squeeze even more profit out of the manufacturing once everything is agreed upon.

jerk_chicken

Chimp
Mar 28, 2007
This post pretty much brings the point home:

NoTreadOnMe said:
Heh.
This thread's funny. The paint explodes off a brand new "boutique" frame after only a couple rides, then the buyer is lied to about a fix for the problem, and yet, she gets slammed on this joke of a site for "whining" or "trolling" because some ridiculous brand whores like to think they "only buy the best" when in reality, it appears they've bought into a company which does not value its customers very much even when they produce shoddy work. They admit to producing shoddy work by replacing the rear with a halfassed part laying around the shop, but wont stick to their guns and replace it with what they promised.
Amazing.
Titus, what a joke of a brand you are.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Jury is still out......... Don't worry. You will be the FIRST to know ;)
You know MBC, your bike may have reached celebrity status and may very well be worth more than you paid due to these threads. You could always put it up for sale on MTBR... :crazy:

Don't forget to cross-post it in the Titus forum as well. :cheers:

jerk_chicken

Chimp
Mar 28, 2007
This is why the Titus forum is so great to sit back and watch:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=2886581&postcount=202

Warp,

Your trolls are also the very members of this board. blackagness and demo slug tend to be there whenever there's an issue like this and start the slinging immediately. Review their posts here and you'll see why the Titus forum is the place to be for trainwreck internet entertainment. Reign those two boys in and you will have threads that have constructive conclusions and the Titus forum and fan base won't be the laughing stock of the internet mtb community.

MBC deserved none of this mudslinging that began with Titus, not her. She didn't buy her Titus looking to get blasted and hear slug make some overtly sexual comments towards n8!

You try to be a nice guy, which is admirable, but you should see yourself on the board as we see you and how RM is seeing you right now. You are only looking at others while Demoslug and blackagness are right behind you egging things on and making faces at everyone. You turn a blind eye to them and your moderation of this board will be deemed completely ineffective because the true trolls on the Titus board are the fans.
I'm still waiting for a blackagness meltdown. He was so emotionally unstable and pouring his heart out the last time we clashed.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
New frame! Woot! I imagine that they'll send an ML2 since they are probably all out of the prior gen ML. That's good for you if you decide to sell. So...does EL Guapo go back on the table for IAB? If it was me I'd wash my hands of them...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
New frame! Woot! I imagine that they'll send an ML2 since they are probably all out of the prior gen ML. That's good for you if you decide to sell. So...does EL Guapo go back on the table for IAB? If it was me I'd wash my hands of them...

i'd be willing to be that IAB and MBC will forever more get the BEST service out of Titus as a result of this...

not to mention that all current and future Titus customers will too.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...I still wouldnt buy one if it means that I have to start an "e-jihad" to get good CS, but its awesome they're coming through.

Jerk Chicken, no one cares about your e-drama BTW. Welcome to RM.

my final word at MTBR FYI

only if I can have the last word :D

I'm sorry this thread got so out of hand. I'm pretty sure I made my intentions clear - only to tell my story. I tried to tell it without commentary and without naming anyone specific.

I accepted the frame with the polished rear because I was not given a choice. I believe everyone at Titus and my shop had the best intentions - but I was still left feeling wronged.

Obviously people have been working hard to right the situation and I look forward to riding this summer on my ML.

And I hope that my picture will not be in the Titus trailer with a big circle and a line through it so when I see Matt, I can say "Hi" and proudly wear my tshirt and socks.

Thanks.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC just needed to vent and everyone else pretty much took the threads and ran with them. She wasn't even sure she wanted to post a thread (she asked about it in the mod forum prior to posting).

These introwebs things are pretty neat.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MBC just needed to vent and everyone else pretty much took the threads and ran with them. She wasn't even sure she wanted to post a thread (she asked about it in the mod forum prior to posting).

These introwebs things are pretty neat.
yep... and i will post just about anything as long as i can cut and paste it ya know....

or maybe y'all didnt realize that..???

:monkeydance:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
LOL!!!!!11

i've had Dimo_slug on ignore so i missed that gem...

:p
well between johhny_v, demo_slug, and end user, i'd say yr strong suit of being a target of spite is consistent w/ the monkey:

EndUser said:
Here in America, exemplified in this thread, most are taught to believe that we have a right to anything and everything that we want even if it’s demonstrably disingenuous and trollish (e.g. N8!... it's not even his bike).