jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The main drawback, from a recreational *business* perspective is that it is, at the end of the day, just a weed - and grows like one. i.e. more and more people are discovering they can just grow it in a container in the back yard.

NTTAWWT. :D

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I AM SHOCKED to learn that (over)taxing the weed has resulted in an abundance of black market shops undercutting California's profits -- won't someone think of the children ;)

Paywall free version:

Anecdotally competition for recreational customers seems to be lowering /gram cost in the 406, though I've kept my medical card current because 4% tax for MMJ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 20% Recreational MJ

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I AM SHOCKED to learn that (over)taxing the weed has resulted in an abundance of black market shops undercutting California's profits -- won't someone think of the children ;)

Paywall free version:

Anecdotally competition for recreational customers seems to be lowering /gram cost in the 406, though I've kept my medical card current because 4% tax for MMJ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 20% Recreational MJ
I honestly don't know what the actual tax is here but local shops advertising $60/oz which is half what the street price around here was prior to recreational sales. This isn't top shelf but it isn't brick packet Mexican either.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:fie: That brought back some vile memories. Thanks :thumb:
Think of all the seeds, though. :rofl:

<edit> where I grew up there were only 2 kinds. Brick packed and Humboldt. You could only get Humboldt a few months out of the year and only if you could afford $20/gram.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I dunno man. Do studies like that ever take into account the nature of those of us who are extremely visual people. Ya know, like those silly artsy types ? Shrooms are fun and all but there is a damn good reason artist don’t eat them by the handfuls every day.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I dunno man. Do studies like that ever take into account the nature of those of us who are extremely visual people. Ya know, like those silly artsy types ? Shrooms are fun and all but there is a damn good reason artist don’t eat them by the handfuls every day.
The doses outlined in that study are .215mg/kg body weight. I did the math for me and thats .02 grams per dose. Those doses are so small that you wouldn't trip balls at all! Last time I ate shroomies I ate a gram or something similar and I was giggling at everything but not tripping out.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The doses outlined in that study are .215mg/kg body weight. I did the math for me and thats .02 grams per dose. Those doses are so small that you wouldn't trip balls at all! Last time I ate shroomies I ate a gram or something similar and I was giggling at everything but not tripping out.
Honest question, are you sure you did your math right? I only ask because I got a very similar number and I agree, that's not enough shrooms to do shit. Though I suppose the point is, can they treat depression, vs can you meet the lizard people.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Why not both?
I'm curious about this because I watched a Nova documentary just the other day about the seeming promise of psychedelics for treating things like depression, PTSD, addiction, etc, and in it the doses that were being given were absolutely heroic. Like, 30 grams if memory serves. Forget depression, 30 grams is sending you to another dimension.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
195lbs = 88.45 kg

88.45kg x .215mg = 19.01675mg

mg to g = .019 grams

My only comments are they don't call it micro dosing for nothing. If "normal" people started eating tripping balls doses for mental health it may not work out well anyways. Haha.