Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Job creatin' for the armed guards and pumping money into the economy.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/legal-pot/high-crimes-robber-gangs-terrorize-colorado-pot-shops-n20111

The industry is certainly taking the crime threat seriously. Dispensaries are sinking cash into bulletproof glass, Mission Impossible-style fingerprint scanners, and guards—lots of guards. A marijuana militia of sorts is building across the state, a force big enough to safeguard six-figure cash transports, seven-figure inventories and assets, and thousands of justifiably paranoid employees.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Governor: Colorado pot market exceeds tax hopes

The money would come from a statewide 12.9 percent sales tax on recreational pot. Colorado's total pot sales next fiscal year were estimated to be about $610 million.

The Colorado pot tax plan doesn't include an additional 15 percent pot excise tax, of which $40 million a year already is designated for school construction. The governor projected the full $40 million to be reached next year.
:twitch:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Girl Scout sets up shop in front of dispensary.

In perhaps the greatest display of entrepreneurial spirit in modern history, a California Girl Scout has been selling cookies outside of a San Francisco marijuana dispensary.

Danielle Lei, 13, set up shop in front of The Green Cross on Monday, selling a whopping 117 boxes in just two hours, according to Mashable. That's about one box per minute.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
where's syadasti to sh|t all over this capitalist pig shilling all the GMOs?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
where's syadasti to sh|t all over this capitalist pig shilling all the GMOs?
Since you asked nicely.

Other than the fact it's unhealthy crappy junk food, palm oil is the major problem with GS cookies and there are responsible GS who have been needling GSA for seven years now.

They should be issuing demerit badges to most GS - half-arsed kids who can't have a real bake sale like they did when we were kids, selling junk food to an obese nation, destroying the most marginalized and important ecosystems on the planet, and endorsing slave/child labor all for bratty lazy kids who couldn't be bothered thinking of some way to actually help their community.

"Palm oil is a key ingredient in many of America's favorite products, from cookies and french fries to toothpaste and laundry detergent. It's also a key ingredient driving global warming. As tropical forests are cleared to make way for palm oil plantations, carbon is released into the atmosphere. Tropical deforestation currently accounts for about 10 percent of the world's heat-trapping emissions?equivalent to the annual tailpipe emissions of 600 million average U.S. cars.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-07-18/indonesias-palm-oil-industry-rife-with-human-rights-abuses

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"hemp oil; not palm oil"?

it's an acquired taste, for a less discerning palate

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/legal-marijuana-market-exceeds-tax-160000603.html

Job creatin'

40 Acre Hemp / Medical Marijuana Land Project Update

The Company is pleased to report that it plans to close escrow on the property on or before March 20th, 2014.

The project, when built out is expected to use the 40 acres to accommodate up to five 20,000 sqft warehouses for indoor marijuana / cannabis growth, 20 acres for outdoor Hemp cultivation for biodiesel, and an industrial center to process marijuana / cannabis into smokeless products.

President Joseph Spadafore stated “The passage of the Farm Bill and Marijuana Legalization Progress has really generated vast opportunities for XTRM. We have already identified two additional parcels of land in California that are candidates for our planned Hemp To Biodiesel project and Marijuana cultivation once approved by any state and/or federal authorities. Once the 40 acre parcel is closed next month we plan to acquire at least 1 more parcel of land”

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My brother is a fire investigator in Denver. He was up here last weekend for my daughters birthday. He says the number of (post) fires they are going to involving marijuana, and more specifically, the production of hash, has gone through the roof. I don't know much about making hash, but at some point apparently compression with a gas of some sort is involved. Half baked retards are using butane in this process because it's cheap, seemingly unaware that it is also flammable. /coolstorybro.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My brother is a fire investigator in Denver. He was up here last weekend for my daughters birthday. He says the number of (post) fires they are going to involving marijuana, and more specifically, the production of hash, has gone through the roof. I don't know much about making hash, but at some point apparently compression with a gas of some sort is involved. Half baked retards are using butane in this process because it's cheap, seemingly unaware that it is also flammable. /coolstorybro.
It's not hash, it's "wax" or also known as "dabbs" because a little dab will do ya. But it uses some sort of butane process to extract pure THC. If done correctly, it's supposed to be the stuff. But you can also blow up your kitchen. :rofl:

Colorado has a contest to see who makes the more powerful stuff while the DEA is busting asses in Cali.

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/crime/new-marijuana-product-rise-california-40590

“The butane extraction method is really dangerous, especially if they’re indoors,” Payne said. “If they don’t have the right ventilation, these butane vapors settle on the floor and can cause explosions. Even with the right ventilation you can still have explosions. They are reporting one explosion per day just in our Denver division.”

"you're the one who cut it, man..."

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Basically, you pack your weed into a device that has a small hole at one end and an open other end that is covered by a screen and filter. (ie turkey baster) Butane is shot into the device through the small end, the butane acts as a solvent and flushes out the THC laden resins. The resulting oil is collected and then gently heated in a water bath to let any remaining butane dissipate. The result is honey oil, wax, dabs, butter etc etc

Never tried it but from what I hear it will set you on your ass even if you are a regular smoker.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
It's not hash, it's "wax" or also known as "dabbs" because a little dab will do ya. But it uses some sort of butane process to extract pure THC. If done correctly, it's supposed to be the stuff. But you can also blow up your kitchen. :rofl:

Colorado has a contest to see who makes the more powerful stuff while the DEA is busting asses in Cali.

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/crime/new-marijuana-product-rise-california-40590

"you're the one who cut it, man..."
Basically, you pack your weed into a device that has a small hole at one end and an open other end that is covered by a screen and filter. (ie turkey baster) Butane is shot into the device through the small end, the butane acts as a solvent and flushes out the THC laden resins. The resulting oil is collected and then gently heated in a water bath to let any remaining butane dissipate. The result is honey oil, wax, dabs, butter etc etc

Never tried it but from what I hear it will set you on your ass even if you are a regular smoker.
Okay, maybe that's what he was talking about then.

In related news: http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/03/02/marijuana-legalization-cusp-broad-acceptance/TUycJH26igBgdAH5K7bbjP/story.html

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
...honey oil, wax, dabs, butter etc etc

I will have to make an inquiry to a neighbor about this, she is one hardcore pot-addict. Seems to have a Doctor-friend since her landlord has been given the business of Medical Marijuana permission. Or some other loose discharge...

Story goes she was really messed up on drugs at one time, now is having rough flashbacks from over 25years ago, maybe 30. Other neighbors of mine have been warned about '...the lights in the sky, because those are failed government experiments...' Really huh?

Maybe this cunt's head will pop right off her shoulders if she gets to score core THC, I'm getting sick of the brown ring around her neck so it'd be a welcome change.

(...the brown ring refers to her gladly putting her own head up her ass without asking. It's like it's her job or something, me personally I don't like it one bit.)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
While I like to think this will happen, I think there is a still a lot of money being spent to see otherwise. I thought CA was going to pass it first, then when OR was looking at it, it was at 60% passing when I went to bed election night only to wake up defeated at 46%. I think California might rethink it when the tax money from CO and WA get the final tally.

There were a lot of rumors that there was a lot of WA money being spent to defeat Measure 80 in Oregon to keep the premium price or OR grass.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/03/robert-duncan-marijuana_n_4877072.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Robert Duncan moved from Los Angeles to Northern California in 2010 to manage marijuana growing operations for a collective of medical marijuana dispensaries. Although California voters legalized medical cannabis more than 17 years ago, the plant remains illegal under federal law, and the Obama administration launched a renewed crackdown on marijuana in California in 2011.

That October, Duncan’s grow house was raided. A few months later, U.S. Attorney Benjamin Wagner indicted him and others involved in the dispensary business on the grounds that it had grown too large. Despite California’s struggle with prison overcrowding, and despite new federal guidelines that say size should no longer be considered in prosecution decisions, Duncan, 31, was sentenced to two years in prison. He is scheduled to report to Mendota Federal Correctional Institution near Fresno, Calif., on Monday afternoon. HuffPost Live will go with him.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
gupta said:
I have been focused on medical marijuana because I believe it can stand on its own merits.
meanwhile, this thread has its merits 'defended' for over 500 posts....lolz

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^ You think future employers will require a drug screen ?
considering it's no longer illegal there they'd have a hard time arguing in court (firing someone for a positive drug test for pot). but like alcohol, if you show up for work obviously under the influence then they would in fact have the grounds to dismiss you. granted there's not yet any precedent for this, but it's logical.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
considering it's no longer illegal there they'd have a hard time arguing in court (firing someone for a positive drug test for pot). but like alcohol, if you show up for work obviously under the influence then they would in fact have the grounds to dismiss you. granted there's not yet any precedent for this, but it's logical.
I wouldn't want to bet my livelihood on that. Especially if you work in a field governed by any three or four lettered federal originization.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2014/01/dish_firing_paralyzed_medical_marijuana_patient_colorado_supreme_court_brandon_coats.php