Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
6 gallons of water per plant per day - pul-ease - wtf they be growin out there fvcking Redwoods?
Seriously.
Almost as ridiculous as the 'street value' of drug busts.
"Police found 3/4 of an ounce of mexican marijuana in the seat cushion with a street value of $975!"*
*pricing based on value of $1 per seed

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
[willyWonka]
"please, governor fatty mcfatterstein, tell me more about 'quality of life'"
[/willyWonka]

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
CO has 3.5M registered voters, and quinnipiac polls 1298 around 4/20 for those results. color me a little skeptical.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Shoot up hippies?
The good news:
Farmers in the storied “Golden Triangle” region of Mexico’s Sinaloa state, which has produced the country’s most notorious gangsters and biggest marijuana harvests, say they are no longer planting the crop. Its wholesale price has collapsed in the past five years, from $100 per kilogram to less than $25.

“It’s not worth it anymore,” said Rodrigo Silla, 50, a lifelong cannabis farmer who said he couldn’t remember the last time his family and others in their tiny hamlet gave up growing mota. “I wish the Americans would stop with this legalization.”
The bad news:
Although prescription painkillers remain more widely abused and account for far more fatal overdoses, heroin has been “moving all over the country and popping up in areas you didn’t see before,” said Carl Pike, a senior official in the Special Operations Division of the Drug Enforcement Administration.

With its low price and easy portability, heroin has reached beyond New York, Chicago and other places where it has long been available. Rural areas of New England, Appalachia and the Midwest are being hit especially hard, with cities such as Portland, Maine; St. Louis; and Oklahoma City struggling to cope with a new generation of addicts.

Pike and other DEA officials say the spread is the result of a shrewd marketing strategy developed by Mexican traffickers. They have targeted areas with the worst prescription pill abuse, sending heroin pushers to “set up right outside the methadone clinics,” one DEA agent said.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At least it gives the DEA something legit to worry about. But they would much rather deal with stoners than tweekers. :panic:

<edit> What do you call someone on h? It's not a tweeker. :rofl:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thanks obama?

As the FBI looks to hire more cybersecurity agents, it's running into a big problem: the siren song of marijuana. The FBI has a no-tolerance policy for employees who use illegal drugs, but new statements by director James Comey suggest the agency is considering loosening the policy to attract employees from the cybersecurity community, a talent pool that's apparently notorious for its rampant weed-smoking. "I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cybercriminals," Comey told an audience at the New York City Bar Association, "and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview."
http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/20/5735280/the-fbi-admits-it-might-have-to-toke-up-to-fight-cybercrime

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, what a curious dynamic that would be. Only 'certain' employees could test positive, like a narc or something, legally?
Strange times.
In Oregon (medical) you can serve in the National Guard as long as you can prove that it doesn't affect your ability to do your job. But I've been told they make it near unpossible to stay in one you pop a test. But any Fed jorb would be pee tested.