Quantcast

Too bad these kids had to learn not to mess with people the hard way

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So it's okay for an adult to chase them down and cause them to crash?

Gotcha. Good to know for future reference.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
LordOpie said:

You're the one that said it chief.

Jayridesacove said:
what goes around comes around.
Jayridesacove said:
In a society where you don't know who's got a conceal and carry permit, I wouldn't start f*cking around with random people. You just might get your ass shot up.
What if that guy was packing and he snapped and just started shooting those kids?

*I'm just saying, people who f*ck with complete strangers really don't have a clue what they're getting into until some gets hurt.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Jayridesacove said:
It's a dangerous behavior. The teens want to get a reaction out of the driver they target, most of the time it will be a honk, some yelled profanity or a hand gesture. This time the kids got an extreme reaction from their actions.

But, what if the driver that got hit with the balloon ran into a telephone pole and died? What if it was a van full of children?

Yes, most teens do stupid things; but this example is beyond normal stupidity.
Eh, I wouldn't say its beyond 'normal' stupidity. I know some people that have tried lighting bottle rockets out of their ass. :rolleyes:

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Man I've done some ridiculously stupid crap as a teenager. Vandalism, destroying public and private property etc.

At 25, I'm glad I got it out of my system, and was certainly lucky I wasn't caught for anything.

These kids with the waterbaloons...I'm old enough to say they were doing stupid crap, but I could see myself doing what they were doing had I been their age.

Young and dumb..

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Jayridesacove said:
It's just all fun and games when teens throw objects at cars.

Water balloons: "Dammit, my hair got wet"

Rocks: "Dammit, part of my skull got caved in and I lost my right eye"

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Jayridesacove said:
It's a dangerous behavior. The teens want to get a reaction out of the driver they target, most of the time it will be a honk, some yelled profanity or a hand gesture. This time the kids got an extreme reaction from their actions.

But, what if the driver that got hit with the balloon ran into a telephone pole and died? What if it was a van full of children?

Yes, most teens do stupid things; but this example is beyond normal stupidity.
You are absolutely right. The kid is definitely going to learn a hard lesson(just like the punk who ate a headlight as a result of "dooring"), but a water balloon or snowball or bottle rocket are not the same as someone dropping boulders off overpasses and caving in craniums.

'What if's' are useless; 'What did's' are what matter, both in my estimation and that of our legal system. Intent plays only a partial role.

Now- care to guess what the state code has to say about the potential punishments for:

a) minor throwing a water balloon at a moving vehicle?

-and-

b) adult attempted vehicular homicide(or perhaps manslaughter, due to mental state incited w/ water balloon)?

The prosecution rests.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Lets play it both ways:

Kids should not be throwing things at cars on the highway.
Adults should not chase down kids in while driving.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
LordOpie said:

Um no, nobody said that.

Society depends on people following rules of order. That might be the law, or societal norms, moral obligations, whatever. If they expect people around them to act according to the law and in a civil way, they need to as well. Once they step over that line, all bets are off.

Like Jay said, they were TRYING to get a reaction. For kicks. They should not be surprised or complain because they got more of a reaction than they expected.

They are lucky they didn't get shot. That doesn't mean it would have been ok to shoot them, but they are still lucky.

It's like stepping off the curb into moving traffic. You might have the right of way but you will still get hurt.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
LordOpie said:
"If any of you homos call me Francis, I'll kill you." ~ "Psycho", from the movie Stripes.

Hey look, a non-sequitur quote. Ok, I'll play:

"Some people call it a kaiser blade, but I like to call it a sling blade."

Did you have a point?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
OGRipper said:
Did you have a point?
Yeah, I thought the point was obvious...

you're a psycho for suggesting that it's okay to run down kids for throwing a waterballoon at your car.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
LordOpie said:
Yeah, I thought the point was obvious...

you're a psycho for suggesting that it's okay to run down kids for throwing a waterballoon at your car.

[Sigh.] You are still not getting it. I didn't say or suggest that it's ok. What I said was that they shouldn't be surprised that someone reacted in a way that turned ugly. Actions have consequences, whether the law is on your side or not. If they didn't incite this dude's behavior, he would not have chased them down.

Chances are pretty good these clowns won't be throwing balloons anymore. That's not because of some newfound respect for the law, it's because they learned a hard lesson about reality.

But please, go ahead and think I'm psycho with no respect for the law or society. In fact, spread the word. Maybe nobody will throw water balloons at me while I'm driving. And maybe nobody will throw crap at me while I'm out riding my bike anymore.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Well, N8
I hate you even more
I should have known before even opening this post

teenage kids throw harmless toy intended for fun.
Man rams them with tons of fast steel

gravely injures them

who hasn't been a teenage boy? (except for girls)

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
i live in a pretty nice neighborhood and a few weeks ago about 30 mailboxes were damaged from baseball bats and M80's. then a couple nights ago, a few cars were egged. one of my neighbors is the type to chase down the teens and send them to the hospital.
you screw with peoples property, you better be prepared for the consequences.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
wow, I can't believe anyone is suggesting that this (or sending a kid to the hospital for a mailbox) is a reasonable response.

This is how we wind up in Iraq searching for mysterious WMDs.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
I had some kids throw a brick at my car one night. There were 3 young kids. I saw it, swerved, and the brick missed my windshield. I proceeded to chase them with my car across a field, through a parking lot, and around an empty shopping center parking lot. As I chased them, they scattered, and I finally caught up to one of them who was so winded he couldn't run any further.

I got out of my car and saw he was about 12. I told him how stupid he and his friends had been, and that they could have hurt or killed me. I also pointed out to him that his two friends had split, leaving him alone to face whatever kind of angry lunatic would chase them through a dark field in a compact car, and maybe he ought to think about whether those other two guys were people he wanted to be friends with.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Cursor said:
<snip> about 30 mailboxes were damaged from baseball bats and M80's.
<snip>you screw with peoples property, you better be prepared for the consequences.
It is a federal crime to destroy a mail box. They will have to pay fines out the ass and have a good chance of going to the slammer. If they get cought.

This winter I did give a Kid a run for his money... I was driving through a sub and got hit with a snow ball... I could have cared less but my window was down and the numbnuts hit me in the side of the face. His first mistake was running back to his house, I parked my car a followed his tracks right back to his front door.... When I knocked on the door his mother answered. That was his second mistake. Turns out the kid had just turned 16... His mom yanked his DL and keys on the spot!

*I am 25 years old, I did not have any intent to cause bodliy damage to the kid. Just wanted to scare the poop out of him.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
ioscope said:
teenage kids throw harmless toy intended for fun.
Man rams them with tons of fast steel
Water balloons were never intended to be thrown at other vehicles, while riding in a vehicle.

And if you bothered to read the article, both trucks were traveling around 70. The guy bumped them from behind. The truck lost control and started to spin, that is where it probably rolled.

Also, if the driver was such a psycho, why this?

The Nissan driver helped lift the truck off Christensen, Bennett said, and held the boy's head steady until emergency responders arrived.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
HarryCallahan said:
I had some kids throw a brick at my car one night. There were 3 young kids. I saw it, swerved, and the brick missed my windshield. I proceeded to chase them with my car across a field, through a parking lot, and around an empty shopping center parking lot. As I chased them, they scattered, and I finally caught up to one of them who was so winded he couldn't run any further.

I got out of my car and saw he was about 12. I told him how stupid he and his friends had been, and that they could have hurt or killed me. I also pointed out to him that his two friends had split, leaving him alone to face whatever kind of angry lunatic would chase them through a dark field in a compact car, and maybe he ought to think about whether those other two guys were people he wanted to be friends with.
You created an additional dangerous situation, to have a chit chat about friendship. You're an idiot as well!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Jayridesacove said:
Water balloons were never intended to be thrown at other vehicles, while riding in a vehicle.

And if you bothered to read the article, both trucks were traveling around 70. The guy bumped them from behind. The truck lost control and started to spin, that is where it probably rolled.

Because he realized he was screwed!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Jayridesacove said:
Speculation.

We'll never know anything more until the investigations are done and see what charges are pressed against who.
I'll ram some kids off the road and then offer them Bandaids?!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Big_Papa1080 said:
not the roll the vehicle part. we've paintballed and egged some kids cars from school that we hated and the occasional caution taping of stuff.
That was referring to throwing balloons, not rolling vehicles. I know this thread is up to 5 pages, but try to keep up.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Throwing water ballons at cars: stupid
Ramming someone for throwing water balloons at your car: criminally retarded
Arguing about it on the internet: priceless

:D

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
hmmm,

This used to be a favorite pass time with me and my friends in high school.
The best was when we took the foreign exchange student from Germany with us!

At first his reaction was:
"Waterballooning?"
Later it was:
"A HA HA HA HA HA! I'm gunna git you Bitches!"

Aghh
Those were the days

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Jayridesacove said:

So, let me get this straight. You read the entire link that you posted, and you still think its A-OK for that 58 year old man to ram a truckful of teenagers going 70 mph over a water baloon.

Yes, these teens are dip****s for sure. Not only are they throwing water baloons at other cars, which could lead to an accident, but they hit the same guy twice, and he already chased them once. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

But what kind of fvcking Gary Busey do you to be, to ram a truck going 70 for any reason. The man stopped to help out, because he knew he just screw the pooch. You wait until the charges are filed. They will get the kids on some little misdemeanor, and the man gonna get something serious. What he did was 50 times more dangerous than throwing a water baloon. Jeez.