Quantcast

^^^!^ Toot stay ^!^^

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully I can ride today without getting blown to Kansas as tomorrow has up to 12" of snow forecast...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ha cool! This is my friend Antoine. Indeed Maibock is legit! Lager could be flowier is spots.
Its been on the list for a while, but has been bypassed because of Bromont and Quebec City area. Definitely will make an effort to get there for a weekend next summer.

You guys in Quebec have honestly some amazing trails. Keep it up. :drool: Can only imagine some of the 'hidden' stuff...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
No word yet from my interview. I'm guessing that means what it usually means, but it's still nail biting until official. I can't decide if not getting it would be a good thing or a bad thing....work now is low effort and kind of fun, but frustrating and certainly not rewarding. Oh well.

Still searching for weird road bikes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Drywall tackled, paint and primer on. Today I try to lay several hundred square feet of flooring solo. My bum knee is already crying.

No word yet from my interview. I'm guessing that means what it usually means, but it's still nail biting until official. I can't decide if not getting it would be a good thing or a bad thing....work now is low effort and kind of fun, but frustrating and certainly not rewarding. Oh well.

Still searching for weird road bikes.
^^^ ditto.

I thought the conversation went well too. He told me about the next steps and when I should expect to hear back, but nothing. Gotta say, I'm sick of companies and their lack of decorum. At least have the decency to fire off a quick thanks but no thanks email.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Off to the client's ! Hooray!!

Dude. That Lynskey deal....
I'm struggling with the lynskey frame...it's about a pound heavier than a cheaper chiner carbon frame, and the geometry is a little more endurance than I'm going for (415mm chainstays). I should probably just get it and ignore the weight (doesn't really matter) and enjoy the ride regardless, but I'm struggling to make the leap. Lynksey seems to have the manufacturing capabilities but lacks the design chops. All their mountain bikes have shitty geometry too.

Mornin!

Drywall tackled, paint and primer on. Today I try to lay several hundred square feet of flooring solo. My bum knee is already crying.

^^^ ditto.

I thought the conversation went well too. He told me about the next steps and when I should expect to hear back, but nothing. Gotta say, I'm sick of companies and their lack of decorum. At least have the decency to fire off a quick thanks but no thanks email.
I think they usually do it to keep you on the line....if they tell you "no" then you move on, and they lose you as a candidate. If they just keep you hanging, then if their top choice declines, they can still bring you in. Either that, or they fucking suck. I had one company ghost me and that was before I was mature enough to just move on. They had an internal candidate they were going to go with from the start, but they had to bring in outside people just for fun. That one hurt.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin!

^^^ ditto.

Yeah for real. I have never gotten a "thanks but no thanks email", but it sure would be nice.

I also forget where, who or when, but there are companies filtering out resumes electronically. As in a computer decides which resumes make it through the first check point before HR gets them. Computers really are taking over. :dead:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah for real. I have never gotten a "thanks but no thanks email", but it sure would be nice.

I also forget where, who or when, but there are companies filtering out resumes electronically. As in a computer decides which resumes make it through the first check point before HR gets them. Computers really are taking over. :dead:
I saw someone say they would copy and paste the job listing at the end of their resume, change the text to white, then submit as a PDF so the keyword filter would pick out everything they were looking for. Nice little trick, though I'm sure some HR lackey would take great offense to someone gaming the system like that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

Apparently, I'm taking tomorrow off so we can fly to the central valley. Ugh.......... :disgust:

<snip> tomorrow has up to 12" of snow forecast...

<snip>
Don't worry, man - this will get worse. Shit's been going on since the "HR Department" was invented... :mad:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
He told me about the next steps and when I should expect to hear back, but nothing. Gotta say, I'm sick of companies and their lack of decorum. At least have the decency to fire off a quick thanks but no thanks email.
That is pretty much the norm nowadays. I have never heard "thanks but no" from a single hiring HR person / manager. What are you expecting, companies respecting their employees? :rolleyes:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
slight abatement of the ebolaids today . . . just in time for wife to go on a 3 day work trip. joy.

might have to hit up local lunch place for a beer, as they've got maine beer co. "lunch' on tap.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
might have to hit up local lunch place for a beer, as they've got maine beer co. "lunch' on tap.
Peeper is another good one to try. I was at their new brewing facility back in august. they're distributing now because it is huge (for a single source craft brewery).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Peeper is another good one to try. I was at their new brewing facility back in august. they're distributing now because it is huge (for a single source craft brewery).
we see lunch, peeper, mo, and tiny beautiful something down here in bombers with decent regularity. what i really want to see are fall (stout) and dinner (double ipa).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
see my signature. :D

actually, what i tend to do (and am doing right now) is drinking copious amounts of orange juice. maybe just placebo effect, but usually seems to help.
Actually since I had pneumonia last month I've been drinking an Emergen-C every day. That stuff is the goods.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we see lunch, peeper, mo, and tiny beautiful something down here in bombers with decent regularity. what i really want to see are fall (stout) and dinner (double ipa).
i've only been able to get dinner at the brewery itself. i don't believe that or fall are distributed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Not working is nice.

Re not working we got our productivity stats for the last year. This includes me not working for about a third of it...

Section as a whole at 137% of benchmark (thus we are hiring to bring this down)
Every other member of section at 134% or lower
Me at 150%, again with that time off

/me is working hard, sometimes

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hello all. Not working is nice.

Re not working we got our productivity stats for the last year. This includes me not working for about a third of it...

Section as a whole at 137% of benchmark (thus we are hiring to bring this down)
Every other member of section at 134% or lower
Me at 150%, again with that time off

/me is working hard, sometimes
with all that free time you should have another kid.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Also want... @slyfink do you ever go here?
indeed I do. It's about an hour away and offers the best riding in the area. hands down. One of my good buddies has a condo there, and started the trail association. I've spent a good few hours digging there in the early days. They've been good at getting grant money to build (and maintain) the machine groomed trails. They opened a couple of weeks ago a new trail that connects the highest point of the mountain with the lowest part, with no climbs! I haven't seen it yet (it's called Lower Boneshaker), but if upper Boneshaker is anything to go by, it will be amazing!

Ha cool! This is my friend Antoine. Indeed Maibock is legit! Lager could be flowier is spots.
Cool indeed! Maibock is my favourite trail there, followed by Lager. Lager is getting beat to sh!t, but I prefer that to having it machine groomed.

edited to add: Matt is another good buddy! He's pretty much our fastest local ripper. I think he could be pro, as he places highly in every event he enters... But he's just a genuinely chill, nice guy (that rides frickin' fast!).

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i've only been able to get dinner at the brewery itself. i don't believe that or fall are distributed.
their website lists both as "bottles to go," but maybe the bottles are only available for purchase there? don't know why they wouldn't throw them in if they're distributing other bottle though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
their website lists both as "bottles to go," but maybe the bottles are only available for purchase there? don't know why they wouldn't throw them in if they're distributing other bottle though.
yes, bottles to go as in purchase at the brewery. i was there. it was glorious.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Cool indeed! Maibock is my favourite trail there, followed by Lager. Lager is getting beat to sh!t, but I prefer that to having it machine groomed.
TOTALLY! Just need some TLC to remove some of the bogs that kill your momentum. Porter was a big disappointment. They could have made it fun even though machine built.