Quantcast

^ Toots day ^

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The boy has declared he is the king of recreating non-vegan to vegan foods. He went veggie a little over a year ago and his new girlfriend is vegan. Lil Man still gets his share of meat, thank gawd.

Tacos, meatloaf, pizza, he swears you can't tell. He was an amazing chef so I actually don't put it past him. But I'm still going to give him shit for it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Today is Medical Shit day. Dentist this morning where I got to show off my 4 new tooth-holes to the staff at the dentist office. After lunch is Moderna #2.

Planning on feeling like shit for a couple days (bonus if I miss out on that), then pack up my crap for Gooseberry/Grafton/Wire Mesa riding.

I probably should have gotten on my bike more than 6 times in 2021 prior to this bike trip. :dead:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
AH SHIT!

Lightning alert. It's officially summer.
drizzled this morning, now it's sunny and cool. dirto should be primo.

hey, let's plan a FR :monkeydance: down in the COS soon. Even if it's a ride in the Park and drinks. I mean, I can't think the trails up in the canyon are good to go yet. Right?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
drizzled this morning, now it's sunny and cool. dirto should be primo.

hey, let's plan a FR :monkeydance: down in the COS soon. Even if it's a ride in the Park and drinks. I mean, I can't think the trails up in the canyon are good to go yet. Right?
I doubt it, but they almost certainly wont be after tonight for at least a couple days. Snow level is supposed to be down right above town. I *have* been contemplating an exploratory trip up Palmer/section 16. That canyon is low, but super tight, shadows are deep. If it's okay in there it's usually okay to start exploring Cheyenne Canyon.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's supposed to be 91* on Saturday. :mad: Perhaps that's the day we'll do the Grafton shuttle like 6 times. :homer:
I've only ridden down there once, 7 years ago and we just had time for a Gooseberry loop and then made the mistake when we rode Zen of going clockwise...

Self shuttling or is there a company doing runs? I was looking at that area earlier and the 4 mile ride back from the bottom of Grafton didn't look appealing for multiple laps to be achieved.

I'm sure camping up on Gooseberry is now a shit show in the age of vanlife and tweetergramming. Might need some intel on camping locations if you've got any.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've only ridden down there once, 7 years ago and we just had time for a Gooseberry loop and then made the mistake when we rode Zen of going clockwise...

Self shuttling or is there a company doing runs? I was looking at that area earlier and the 4 mile ride back from the bottom of Grafton didn't look appealing for multiple laps to be achieved.

I'm sure camping up on Gooseberry is now a shit show in the age of vanlife and tweetergramming. Might need some intel on camping locations if you've got any.
Yeah - I've never been down there to camp... but I may have intel after this trip for ya. :)

We will self-shuttle Grafton - looks about like 20 minutes from the cemetery to the Grafton trailhead. We've got one truck and 5 blokes, so we'll just take turns driving.

So don't do Zen clockwise - noted.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah - I've never been down there to camp... but I may have intel after this trip for ya. :)

We will self-shuttle Grafton - looks about like 20 minutes from the cemetery to the Grafton trailhead. We've got one truck and 5 blokes, so we'll just take turns driving.

Highly jealous. SW Utah is the BEST.

Is Blow Hard clear of snow right now, up near Brian Head? That's one of the mostfantasticest rides in my life ever.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
They're getting snow right now in Brian Head... so I doubt it.

Note: ride Blow Hard some time. :D
It's one of those endless downhill singletracks that takes you through a few different climates/terrain with epic views.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not only is banana bacon bourbon ice cream yummy (I've gotten pretty good at it) but I learned with a little chocolate syrup, it also makes amazing shakes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Up on Gooseberry is one of the best camping spots I've ever had, but a lot has changed since then.

20140905_194429.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
trying to decide if I have the time to drive up the coast of california and over to crater lake in oregon while on mental health break...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

1619558899202.png

Could these cheapo chinese things really work to make it easy to pedal a mile to work in normal shoes? I mean it seems like they'd pop out of the pedal if used in anger, and break against a rock strike, but for that use they may be worth $30....
hmmmm

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

View attachment 159558

Could these cheapo chinese things really work to make it easy to pedal a mile to work in normal shoes? I mean it seems like they'd pop out of the pedal if used in anger, and break against a rock strike, but for that use they may be worth $30....
hmmmm
cost as much as cheap plastic flat pedals off ebay...

ten bucks....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
If it helps I had some plastic versions of these back many years ago I used to use when I rode to the pub or similar (actually pretty much just the pub :) ) worked fine and way less hassle than swapping pedals.