Quantcast

Transition DH prototype

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
reminds me of a ventana with out the complicated front triangle.

any pics of the non drive side? hopefully they raised the pivot point a bit.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
The weird thing is, even though there are tons of blindsides out there. It's really hard to find one used.
Mine will be up for sale at the end of this season :D.

is this completely replacing the blindside??
You guys just put up new blindside frames: P
Blindside has had a two-model-year run, as did the Gran Mal before, IRRC. Kevin, Kyle and the gang had some new ideas and a lot of input on the Blindside and it's just time to progress.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Am I the only one that thinks it looks like a low budget Session 88. I don't mean it in a bad way, if anything it's a plus.
Probably. The only thing that on that bike that even remotely resembles a session is the swooping downtube, and the clean executions on the pivot bolts.

Suspension wise, its completely different. When it comes to functionality, that's where it counts.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
plus this is a single pivot right?
the trek has like 16 pivots i heard
This does appear to be a single pivot swingarm with a shock activation linkage.

One big difference between this and the trek is that the trek has a floating shock configuration, whereas this bike has one end of the shock fixed to the front triangle.

Additionally, the seat/chain stay pivot on the trek is their ABP - cocentric to the rear axle.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
reminds me of a ventana with out the complicated front triangle.

any pics of the non drive side? hopefully they raised the pivot point a bit.

The suspension system is definitely close in layout to the Ventana El Cuervo. Nothing wrong with that. I've had three El Cuervo's over the last few years and really like them.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I imagine their overseas supplier will do manipulated tubes for not much more than round, since I'm pretty sure they're set up for that already anyway. And, really there doen't appear to be any more linkage/pivots involved than the Blindside or GM - - just different placement.

I'm really curious about the winding pitch on that spring - - that is not usual Fox fare is it?

Last edited:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Mine will be up for sale at the end of this season :D.

Blindside has had a two-model-year run, as did the Gran Mal before, IRRC. Kevin, Kyle and the gang had some new ideas and a lot of input on the Blindside and it's just time to progress.
blindside is staying put as far as I know. it is a great freeride/whistler bike. set up with a derrailur it pedals up really well (designed around a smaller chainring) the latest model run addressed the flex issues and is much stiffer in the rear.

the new bike is a pure DH race bike.

Kyle,

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
mabey close to this one as far as linkage but i dont see the similarities between the 04 to 06 dhr's. i think its very close to the ventana and im going to keep an eye on this one

the year i decide im going to start looking for a new frame and like 20 just start rollin out that all look great, what a pain in the ass lol

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
blindside is staying put as far as I know. it is a great freeride/whistler bike. set up with a derrailur it pedals up really well (designed around a smaller chainring) the latest model run addressed the flex issues and is much stiffer in the rear.

the new bike is a pure DH race bike.

Kyle,
Nice!

Kyle, I did a bit of Photoshop play with the Blindside overlayed on the proto and it appears that: the BB is maybe ½" higher; wheelbase is slightly longer, yet chainstays are a tad shorter; and that the standover's been dropped a good inch-and-a-half. Is that just my inaccurate overlaying or are those actual differences?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Love to see some geo figures for that frame. It looks awesome.

The vid is good, especially the riding section but I really wish they'd never ask sponsored riders for their opinions. I swear there's only so many cliche responses to questions that they all use. "Bottomless" and "spot-on geo" were in there, but at least I didn't hear "corners like it's on rails".

I'll be keen to see the pricetag, frame weight and geo figures tho.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Is the head tube one of those 1.125" to 1.5" things? or is it 1.5" top and bottom?

Please make it 1.5" top and bottom....

*edit* Nevermind it is a tapered HT. For some inexplicable reason I hate those.

Last edited:

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
Wow, that bike is simply beautiful...
I guess I may need to start saving my cash for that frame for the 2010 season...

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
i really really like it, the pivot seems close to the same as my DHR's. if the geo is close as far as the cockpit and the price is right i may see one of those. certainly knocks the supreme out of its spot on the list

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I like it, But I will stick with teh Blindside. Its low, its slack, corners great.....Besides, I cant afford another new bike any time soon.

I like it, the biggest thing that has kept me liking Transition is ther simplicity, this one however, is about as complicated as I would ever like to see them get.

Oh, and for the record....I hated the look of the GM, but I LOVE the look of the blindside. Clean and simple.

OH, and only the cool will Huck something like this

Last edited: