Quantcast

Trucks that seat 4-5 people and don't suck...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If ONLY there was some tarp-like item one could by inexpensivley to protect carpet and such....Damn!

I slay me,,,
Or I could just have a truck bed that I sweep out. Occasionally.

I also have a bass drum/cymbal combo case that weighs 100 lbs EMPTY - 32"x32"x48". It's a two man lift onto a tailgate. Screw wrestling that into a minivan.

I had a 80's Toyota cargo mini van. Handled like a wet brick. It got stolen and trashed. Even thieves hate mini vans.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

I also have a bass drum/cymbal combo case that weighs 100 lbs EMPTY - 32"x32"x48". It's a two man lift onto a tailgate. Screw wrestling that into a minivan.

I had a 80's Toyota cargo mini van. Handled like a wet brick. It got stolen and trashed. Even thieves hate mini vans.
So you're saying that the crap you're hauling deserves to be more comfortable than your loved ones. Hmm. REAAAL nice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

uh, minivans have low floors. that's kind of their point. a 4x4 tacoma will be quite a lift.

you can argue until you're blue in the face but a truck is a luxury that will cost you money, and your series of rationalizations are not always rational to the outside observer.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
uh, minivans have low floors. that's kind of their point. a 4x4 tacoma will be quite a lift.

you can argue until you're blue in the face but a truck is a luxury that will cost you money, and your series of rationalizations are not always rational to the outside observer.
Well, he didn't exactly ask for the cheapest option available. If having the right tool for the job is a "luxury" that he can afford then why would he settle for a half assed substitution like a minivan?
Its simple really, if he needs to haul some sh*t, and also needs a place for some people to sit.. then the fullcab truck is the best tool for the job.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

Who the fvck is getting a 4x4 Tacoma??

And what mini van is so cheap it makes a truck look like a luxury mobile?

You're all on fvcking crack. Bravo.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW -

I've loaded more stuff into more trucks, cars, SUV's, vans, sedans, minivans, busses, nightliners, trains, and planes than anyone on here.

If there is one person on RM that knows what the fvck he needs to get:

1) people
and
2) stuff

from A to B it's me.

I'm not asking WHAT do I need, I'm asking WHICH ONE. I want opinions and observations about CREW CAB TRUCKS.

Drive the minivan argument up your mom's snatch.

Thank you.

:D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
minivans typically can't tow and can't haul, are NOT comfortable inside, and will probably get much worse MPG than a truck if they can haul the same amount. They just aren't designed the same way.

If you guys want somebody to buy a minivan so bad, why don't you? He's looking for a small truck, because it suits his needs. At least he's not looking for a 3500hd 4x4 for moving drum sets.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just get the newest full size chevy or gmc you can afford and be done with it. Mine have been faultless despite living hard lives.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I haul big items often. Renting a trailer or truck from U-haul or HD is not feasible, I'd be dropping $200 a month on rentals.

No minivan, no hatchback.

Get it through your thick skulls people, I NEED A TRUCK.

Option I just thought of: Sport Trac or similar with a lumber rack....hmmm.....
Gee! What a great idea!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
pretty much every minivan my parents owned or I had ridden in were too upright, poorly bolstered, and didn't offer any options for reclining in the rear seats.

Don't have much info on front seats to give. Minivans will have a more car like ride, which is fine, but not for off-roading

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
tacoma is the only thing worth getting. ford is the biggest joke of a company, chevy has horrible reliability, same with dodge, while all three have HORRIBLE resale value and wont run worth a damn past 60k. i have always owned Toyota's (96 4runner, 00 s/c 4runner, 07 tundra dc) and would not buy an suv/truck from anyone else. riding in new chevy;s makes me sick- nothing fits, they run like crap, and active fuel management is a lie and a a joke unless you live in Nebraska or in death valley.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I also looked at a number of V6 Chevy 2wd's but I'm not sure the extra cab is available in a V6. They did get somewhat good mileage for a full sized rig.

Just get the one I posted and be done.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Word, it doesn't have four doors, but damn...

Its a sand rail and its yellow. Man up

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you people have no fvcking imagination

just ditch the rail gear on this one....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
while all three have HORRIBLE resale value and wont run worth a damn past 60k.
While I agree about the wholesale value, the Ranger (Mazda) is a different animal. Mine is at 80k and runs just as it was at 15k.

Like I said, if they made a true 4-door Ranger I'd be all over it.