Quantcast

Trust me...

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Damn...

tldw - cornering benefits are there but marginal, rebound is too slow, fork resists compressing on rear wheel first landings (check out the drop video)...and...the damper shaft broke.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Damn...

tldw - cornering benefits are there but marginal, rebound is too slow, fork resists compressing on rear wheel first landings (check out the drop video)...and...the damper shaft broke.

None of that is a problem for parking lot poseurs. They just need to release a limited platinum plated edition to cater better to that crowd.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Damper shaft broke, 'isolated incident' caused by rock lodging in area designed to clear itself of debris.

Revision to stronger steel rod already in works at time of test.

Sounds like user error.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If it made my ride significantly more fun I could see begrudgingly paying it. There's dumber things to pay 2x more for over standard pricing than suspension.
I categorically disagree...the difference is here it's not performance that's worth the extreme steep pricetag. Good amazing coil tuned suspension is an absolute game-changer. Most people just put up with what they have, but it's usually the difference between running some stock suspension on ASs versions a track suspension with big sticky tires that just feels glued to the track. Which reminds me I have to buy like 2K of tires in a few months...ugg.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I categorically disagree...the difference is here it's not performance that's worth the extreme steep pricetag. Good amazing coil tuned suspension is an absolute game-changer. Most people just put up with what they have, but it's usually the difference between running some stock suspension on ASs versions a track suspension with big sticky tires that just feels glued to the track. Which reminds me I have to buy like 2K of tires in a few months...ugg.
Uh, I'm not at all saying that this is worth it. I'm saying that if someone came out with something that improved cornering and bump absorption to the point where it made my ride significantly more fun I could figure out how to cough up 2x the normal price of a fork. This is quite obviously not that.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Damn...

I know I'm in the minority of people to actually ride one of these Trust forks (Message in my case, not Shout) but I'm still scratching my head at these mediocre reviews from Vital and PB. I'm not referring to the damper shaft breaking, clearly that's an issue. Price is a huge hurdle as well, no doubt about it. It's more surprising to me that reviewers are drawing so much attention to the harsh slap-down feeling. While I did notice it and agree it's not as comfortable in this scenario as a traditional fork, I didn't feel like it was a big deal. In my limited experience of riding the fork for an hour in Sedona, the benefits of this design relating to eliminating brake dive and easily navigating through turns, especially in rough, chunky sections, are real. It's the kind of component that encourages you to push right through the chunk without flinching or throwing you off-line. I'd have to disagree with the reviewer in this case of the benefits being marginal. I think they're substantial.

Like everything else though it comes down to what's important to the rider.

Last edited: