Quantcast

tttttttuesdayyyyyy gfmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is there a single goddamn air mattress that doesn't lose a ton of air within four hours? 11 of us staying in the house, I'm on an air mattress for reasons. Threw my back out a little shoveling dirt on the grave, air mattress was mushy by 3:00 AM.
Grumble.
Thanks for letting me bitch.
No couch nearby?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

<snip> I just really wanted to be done with all this crap. I'm too old for this shit.
Sounds like it's time for retirement, my good man!

Some days I feel like I chose the wrong career path. Today is one of those days. Yesterday too. Come of it, so was the day before that, and the one before that too.
Look on the bright side - you probably only have 30 more years of it, and then you can retire (maybe).

:homer:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Morning. Stayed up late watching the last few episodes of Walking Dead. I actually liked the show. Kind of drawn out but still mindless entertainment.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That’s not the attitude of a winner.
It‘ll just take more coffee, bananas, and oatmeal!
I was coming home at about 2am from a work trip a few weeks ago and an open del taco was the first foodish thing I came to after not eating dinner and measuring flood waters all day. What occurred over the following 24 hours revealed a biological power formerly unbeknownst to me. I must treat it with respect. But I learned I could murder a village with my butt that day.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I thought of you this morning. My mom stayed at this dude’s house in the neighboring town. He made $56 million on a $25,000 dollar investment in the 80’s (one of the earliest developers of pager technology).
I did not mention that it was effectively from drug money. :p

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Happy Tuesday. I dropped the kids off at the pool earlier. Damn that felt good. My gut was and is aching like theres something stuck up there.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Espresso situation is dialed the fuck in lately, seeing sounds and smelling colors. Probably time to change things up so that I can fight dialing it in again.

Working from home, accomplished more of my job before 10:00 than I did all last week, but accomplished none of other people's jobs. Taking the kiddo to PT at 1:00, then have to try and get him to be calm in the background of a Teams meeting where I shall attempt to eloquently explain that engineering is approximately 18 months ahead of schedule, and everybody else is a fuckwitt.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Mech Eng in the med device industry. The people are fine, the mission is fine, but I just don't find the work mentally engaging.
I can send you the mri and cat scans of my knees and spine, and a video of what I look like walking if you need some inspiration.

I bet you could copy a well known design (like double hinged knee braces) call it something new, do a few chamwow commercials advertising on fox news, and finance that new house....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I can send you the mri and cat scans of my knees and spine, and a video of what I look like walking if you need some inspiration.

I bet you could copy a well known design (like double hinged knee braces) call it something new, do a few chamwow commercials advertising on fox news, and finance that new house....
Not those kind of med devices, more like the type to help you unleash your inner beauty.

Also, I like the way you think. Time to start looking for a second home, if things don't work out I can just Airbnb it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not those kind of med devices, more like the type to help you unleash your inner beauty.
I've seen your work!

Also, I like the way you think. Time to start looking for a second home, if things don't work out I can just Airbnb it.
I start out with sympathy and problem solving and this is how I get treated......

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Mech Eng in the med device industry. The people are fine, the mission is fine, but I just don't find the work mentally engaging.
Ah, gotcha. I had the opposite experience working in a dental lab 20 years ago. The work was fascinating but the environment was horrible. I can see how an unchallenged engineer could get depressed and anxious. Maybe time to put your skills to use in another field.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Maybe time to put your skills to use in another field.
Forget what I said about braces, I just thought of an entire industry that does nothing more than recycle old ideas and present them as new to a younger generation, and charge way more money. Product life cycle is about 12 months so the job security and "design" engagement is guaranteed. It's called mountainbiking.