Quantcast

TuesdayTuesdayTuesdayTuesday

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
80 replies....you guys are chatty.

wife and I are headed into the woods for some MTB
We got 13 technical miles done. It was just me and the wife. We're certainly not breaking any speed records, but most of the people we ride with are slower than us, so we get lots of rest breaks waiting for everyone to regroup. Well today was pretty much three hours of non-stop riding. I'm pretty tired and sleepy now. More of the same tomorrow.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This morning I tipped the scales at under 170lbs - that has not happened in a very long time. I wonder where my weight would be today if I wasn't 25lbs heavier six months ago.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
All this fatass talk made me want to weigh myself for the first time in....12+ years?

After replacing the dead batteries :rolleyes:, I'm pleasantly surprised to report in at 234lbs....close to the lowest I've ever been (230lb), and that was right after college when I was riding 5+ days a week, running and exercising.

So fuck you JK :p

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All this fatass talk made me want to weigh myself for the first time in....12+ years?

After replacing the dead batteries :rolleyes:, I'm pleasantly surprised to report in at 234lbs....close to the lowest I've ever been (230lb), and that was right after college when I was riding 5+ days a week, running and exercising.

So fuck you JK :p
Y'all built like a bunch of goddamn jockeys

6'1", 210lbs.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got the crap scared out of me this morning. I was unloading a woman in a power wheelchair from my van on the side of a busy 4 lane road. I told her to wait while I checked traffic. She said don't tell me what to do and jammed into the traffic lane in front of a Dodge 3500 doing 45. Freaking amazing what strength adrenaline gives you. I took one leap grabbed the back of her chair and yanked the chair and her into the air and backwards as the truck skidded by. Missed her with inches to spare. She was yelling at me for grabbing her chair and throwing her until her friend came up and explained how close she came to getting killed. She got really humble after that. I'm guessing her and the chair weighs over 300 pounds.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got the crap scared out of me this morning. I was unloading a woman in a power wheelchair from my van on the side of a busy 4 lane road. I told her to wait while I checked traffic. She said don't tell me what to do and jammed into the traffic lane in front of a Dodge 3500 doing 45. Freaking amazing what strength adrenaline gives you. I took one leap grabbed the back of her chair and yanked the chair and her into the air and backwards as the truck skidded by. Missed her with inches to spare. She was yelling at me for grabbing her chair and throwing her until her friend came up and explained how close she came to getting killed. She got really humble after that. I'm guessing her and the chair weighs over 300 pounds.
JTFC.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea but how much do you weigh?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Almost had new material for the Darwin thread.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm guessing her and the chair weighs over 300 pounds.
It's amazing how much some of those power chairs weigh. I helped the ramp load one in the back of an aircraft a year or so ago that had to be 500 lbs. 3 big old Samoan dudes, a black guy big enough he probably should have played pro football, a Somali refugee, and my skinny cracker ass could barely get this thing off the belt loader and through the cargo door. It's amazing none of us hurt our selves moving that thing. It was an OJI waiting to happen.

Nice save Gramps! :D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Got the dreaded COVID swab today...wasnt as bad as it could have been, Nurse was sexy and swab was small...insert smarmy comment here...rewarded myself with a burrito at my favorite place. Then off to get a bid on the Tacoma I am selling...thanks for nothing CarMax.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got the dreaded COVID swab today...wasnt as bad as it could have been, Nurse was sexy and swab was small...insert smarmy comment here...rewarded myself with a burrito at my favorite place. Then off to get a bid on the Tacoma I am selling...thanks for nothing CarMax.
Hey man hope all's good. Been keeping an eye out for obscure clash shows on the youtubes

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got symptoms or are you just gettin swabbed for fun ?

I've got an appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take two weeks to get the results.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
One night when I was working the door a drunk woman stepped sideways off the sidewalk, without looking, into the path of a moving car. I snatched her petite frame, one handed, back on to the sidewalk. She had no idea what happened. Derp.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Dammit. All this talk of burritos and tacos gives me a hankering for a machaca burrito from one of my favorite Western Slope dives.
At least you have the chance to get good mexican food. I haven't found anything remotely acceptable here. :disgust:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That really sucks. Business opportunity, perhaps? :brows:
I tried to convince the mexican PhD student in the department to do that. I would join as a business partner/QC manager. ;) But she has her hands full...you know...finishing her PhD. :disgust1:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Did you tell her there's no money in that PhD bullshit? But that there's LOTS of money to be made in Mexican grub? :D
Dude... you should see what passes for good Mexican food in the South. As soon as they figured out that they could sell mas quantities of food if they dumbed it down for fat white people the whole scene changed. If you want the real deal, you have to go where whitey is afraid to go.

And since the Pandemic, I have had to make my own tacos. Which really isn’t a big deal since I used to cook professionally. Haven’t had any take out since March. Coincidentally I also have not had any loose bowels from dirty taco hands. Or as an old friend said, “Chef Pee Pee Hands” after he saw the cook use the toilet and not wash his hands before returning to the kitchen.