Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
///Not ///everything ///is a ///sports ///car :busted:

Toyota has a 16% stake in FHI, so I don't think its too far off. Though Subaru seems pretty hard headed in not changing things; just look at how the STi still has the ej255 engine. On the other hand, Subaru's of all forms seem to be selling like crack covered hotcakes so do you blame them?

The WRX engine would be sweet in the Crosstrek. Would be more in line with what the Forester XT used to be. The gas mileage isn't too far off, either.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have gone to Discount Tire lately and they match the Tirerack price.
My issue was the tire was online only. First I got a nail in the sidewall and had to order one. Then I ended up really liking those tires and they were on clearance because the #3 version is out now. $480 set of 4 shipped. Not only can Discount Tire not get them, they don't offer a 245/35-17 and 285/40-18 that come close.

These tires suck ass in the super wet, though. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
this would be a lot more feasible (and probably bitchin' as shit) considering the crosstrek is built off the impreza platform.
They could even dial that engine spec back a bit too for better fuel economy and still have 75+ more HP than the engine it has now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
///Not ///everything ///is a ///sports ///car :busted:

Toyota has a 16% stake in FHI, so I don't think its too far off. Though Subaru seems pretty hard headed in not changing things; just look at how the STi still has the ej255 engine. On the other hand, Subaru's of all forms seem to be selling like crack covered hotcakes so do you blame them?

The WRX engine would be sweet in the Crosstrek. Would be more in line with what the Forester XT used to be. The gas mileage isn't too far off, either.
The 86 is a fun car, but it can get beat by a Miata. That's like getting beat up by a girl. I mean, some chicks are mean as hell, but it still sucks. A buddy of mine had a BRZ for a year. His only comment on it was "At least it was a manual and rear wheel drive". :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My issue was the tire was online only. First I got a nail in the sidewall and had to order one. Then I ended up really liking those tires and they were on clearance because the #3 version is out now. $480 set of 4 shipped. Not only can Discount Tire not get them, they don't offer a 245/35-17 and 285/40-18 that come close.

These tires suck ass in the super wet, though. :rofl:
Conti DW?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Those are basically track tires, let's be honest here.
Looks like a Goodyear Eagle F1 knockoff. A track tire has a single groove to be DOT legal and nothing more. Think Kumho V710 or Hoosier R06 or A06.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mountain bicycles were ridden underneath a burning golden orb in the sky.

Much fun was had.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Effing New England. :rant:

10-12" of heavy slush. To add insult to injury, I had to shovel the crap in a massive rainstorm. :stosh:
Ours is now 4" and more or less frozen. I just tried to finish shoveling, had gotten a little more than half of it done earlier. Fell on my ass after 2 minutes. Grabbed the car keys to make a test run up the driveway. No problems. Fuck shoveling, currently in front of the fire drinking an old Rasputin.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good. You'll need moar room for beer hauling in August. :cheers:
It really did come down to power, manuals are pretty hard to come by these days and the delay of the cvt was far more noticeable on the two used Crosstreks I drove. Small engines need a stick. I always try to get base models when I buy new cars because half the crap you pay for you just don't need - like back up cameras and sunroof, and alloy wheels. I now have all of those things but still bought the cheapest one on the lot. Actually second cheapest as the cheapest one had light interior, anyone that has ridden in my old subie know that I am a bit of a pig who needs dark colors to help hide the stains...

http://www.lithiasubarugreatfalls.com/new/Subaru/2017-Subaru-Outback-great-falls-1e491e080a0e0ae7362623035312d600.htm?searchDepth=5:8

I got this one.

Last edited: