Quantcast

turdsday gfmt

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello!

Did the local time trial again last night with my new tires and bike and helmet and....I'm still not besting my PR from last year. I don't expect to be fastest out there, but it sucks that I haven't been able to scoop up that extra 10 seconds to "win" again. Looks like power was down today compared to last year, so I guess I just need to lay down mo' powah if I'm going to PR. Speed was up there but I'm 20w shy of where I was and probably 40w shy of where I am capable of.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Turns out I'm still my daughter's favorite parent, 8 months running. My wife is not amused by this.

Slinging more mud today. Job has transitioned to the quasi plastering phase to correct some very poorly done areas. Probably 75% of the way through this endeavor and trying to stay motivated to knock out the remaining 25%.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day. Got through my section last night and will do the practice test today. Need to grind through estates quickly so that I can get into case studies and broader practice tests.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
hello!

Did the local time trial again last night with my new tires and bike and helmet and....I'm still not besting my PR from last year. I don't expect to be fastest out there, but it sucks that I haven't been able to scoop up that extra 10 seconds to "win" again. Looks like power was down today compared to last year, so I guess I just need to lay down mo' powah if I'm going to PR. Speed was up there but I'm 20w shy of where I was and probably 40w shy of where I am capable of.
I would say do some coke before. I think that should squeeze out a couple extra watts. Start with 1 line and a red bull.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hello!

I don't know what the weather was last year when you did this, but don't discount how much yesterday's heat and humidity impacted your race. 90 degrees with a dew point near 70 would slow you down significantly. It's science!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I should have partaked in that pre-sleep wacky tabacky last night, I feel like I got no sleep. :dead:

Le work, then perhaps super short spin on a bike and maybe a dunk in the lake?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't know what the weather was last year when you did this, but don't discount how much yesterday's heat and humidity impacted your race. 90 degrees with a dew point near 70 would slow you down significantly. It's science!
While that's fair, it was a fast night for the fast dudes with a new course record (set by an astoundingly fast guy with an astoundingly good position on an astoundingly nice bike/gear) and several other PRs. I've got new tires and latex tubes that should have given me even moar speed over last time. I think I just didn't have it last night and that's sad...need to give it more gas and I'll get my time down, I guess. Maybe a skinsuit too

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
While that's fair, it was a fast night for the fast dudes with a new course record (set by an astoundingly fast guy with an astoundingly good position on an astoundingly nice bike/gear) and several other PRs. I've got new tires and latex tubes that should have given me even moar speed over last time. I think I just didn't have it last night and that's sad...need to give it more gas and I'll get my time down, I guess. Maybe a skinsuit too
I am curious if you have heart rate data to compare the two years?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hello!

It's because you're a year older, Champion. :homer:

Turns out I'm still my daughter's favorite parent, 8 months running. My wife is not amused by this.
Be real careful here, my friend... this can lead to things that nobody wants. :fie:

:wave: Hi. 3 days off from work has left me feeling like that's the way.
This is the way.
:stupid:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had a meh, pretty inactive day at work so I dug up some scrap stainless and had a go at welding it, I'm still shit.
-8602910705824180615.jpg

Got new cups and electrodes on the way, because being more poor and still being shit at something is always good.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Not really bright enough :(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Be real careful here, my friend... this can lead to things that nobody wants. :fie:
Already getting there. Wifey is very emotional about it. There be friction.

It's tough trying to get my daughter to give her more affection and not immediately call for Daddy any time she gets upset. Not like I'm always the fun one who never enacts discipline, I guess I'm just more gentle about.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hello!

1688654081782.png

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

It's tough trying to get my daughter to give her more affection and not immediately call for Daddy any time she gets upset. Not like I'm always the fun one who never enacts discipline, I guess I'm just more gentle about.
Maybe do a sacrifice of a stuffed animal in front of her. And have your wife be the hero and punch you in the sack while you are dismembering the stuffed unicorn. Seems pretty fool proof.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

wait how old is your kid again