Quantcast

Turner+DW+DH

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I heard that too...fork was terrible, but I'm not a fan of the lefty either.

ih8, i'm not surprised there were weird pedaling characteristics...I was under the impression that the jackshaft was designed to keep chainring size/torque the same.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I heard that too...fork was terrible, but I'm not a fan of the lefty either.

ih8, i'm not surprised there were weird pedaling characteristics...I was under the impression that the jackshaft was designed to keep chainring size/torque the same.
the model we had didnt have a jackshaft. it was single sided like the one i posted. in certain gears the suspension basically locked out..i forgot which part of the cassette was most affected.

seeing gracia and acc haul ass on those made it even more impressive after actually riding one

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Still going on a tangent here...

This guy brought his Dominatrax in the shop just last week. Pivots were blown, upper shock mount cracked, (shock still bolted in the cracked mount) and the seat pod had been welded back on at some point. It had a Shiver on it...

The guy loved it. I told him to get a new bike. He ignored me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the model we had didnt have a jackshaft. it was single sided like the one i posted. in certain gears the suspension basically locked out..i forgot which part of the cassette was most affected.

seeing gracia and acc haul ass on those made it even more impressive after actually riding one
Oh I know, and I agree. I guess my point was no wonder it pedaled weird, it was supposed to have a jackshaft.

Still going on a tangent here...

This guy brought his Dominatrax in the shop just last week. Pivots were blown, upper shock mount cracked, (shock still bolted in the cracked mount) and the seat pod had been welded back on at some point. It had a Shiver on it...

The guy loved it. I told him to get a new bike. He ignored me.
no wonder, that bike is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
yeah . . . but what's the head angle?
Oh man I can't believe I left out the most important part!

Actually this is something that is truly innovative, I've never seen anything like it, even on motorcycles! What we did here was get the brain trust together to really brainstorm on this one. We wanted more front traction, a LOT more, and also we wanted the head angle to be different for different tracks. The solution turned out to be so simple. The new DHR has three front forks and three front wheels! All of the forks are mounted at different head angles, 58 degrees, 64 degrees, and 68 degrees. With 3 front wheels and a wide range of head tube angles the plan is that you get 3X more traction plus your head angle is always dialed for various types of power shredding.

There have been a couple questions about the time vortex. Honestly I have no idea how that works. DT has some Russian guy in back, he doesn't speak any English but from what we can understand his cousin used to be a doorman at the Hadron Supercollider so obviously he's a supergenious of some type. He's the guy who designed the time vortex and integrated it into the molecular structure of the top tube.

Did I mention that the frame only weighs 946grams?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Actually this is something that is truly innovative, I've never seen anything like it, even on motorcycles! What we did here was get the brain trust together to really brainstorm on this one. We wanted more front traction, a LOT more, and also we wanted the head angle to be different for different tracks. The solution turned out to be so simple. The new DHR has three front forks and three front wheels! All of the forks are mounted at different head angles, 58 degrees, 64 degrees, and 68 degrees. With 3 front wheels and a wide range of head tube angles the plan is that you get 3X more traction plus your head angle is always dialed for various types of power shredding.
Can it have 6 front forks/wheels? I'd like to be able to switch between 26" and 29" wheels depending on the trail.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
finally the fork vs. "forks" issue is settled. at least on the URT dw DT fulcrum VPP FSRed lawwill-esque proflex tuned hydrapivot 29er.

Honus

Monkey
Jun 6, 2006
Boulder, CO
There have been a couple questions about the time vortex. Honestly I have no idea how that works. DT has some Russian guy in back, he doesn't speak any English but from what we can understand his cousin used to be a doorman at the Hadron Supercollider so obviously he's a supergenious of some type. He's the guy who designed the time vortex and integrated it into the molecular structure of the top tube.
I'm assuming he used a flux capacitor. Is it high/low speed adjustable? Progressive or regressive? I'll need to see a vortex plot so I can argue about it before I ride it...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh good choice on the fuschia, btw....but will the time vortex be UCI certified? I heard they only allow 7 second time vortexes, and you need to have used a time vortex 3 times previously before using a time vortex in a competitive series.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
oh good choice on the fuschia, btw....but will the time vortex be UCI certified? I heard they only allow 7 second time vortexes, and you need to have used a time vortex 3 times previously before using a time vortex in a competitive series.
but only if the vortex is wearing a skinsuit, so it should be fine. Does the DWDHR need moar shimz?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
So ultimately with this time vortex and the ability to travel through time this bike may in fact allready be out and winning WC races...Yep, it's confirmed; I looked through my photo's on my digital camera and apparently I have one! Hahaha I am the first! It must be awesome because I am smilling in every photo! oh sh1t, nevermind..I just found a photo of me with the bike at the bottom of a four story parking garage, I am covered in blood and the head tube is sheared off! I knew it, that bike sucks!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So ultimately with this time vortex and the ability to travel through time this bike may in fact allready be out and winning WC races...Yep, it's confirmed; I looked through my photo's on my digital camera and apparently I have one! Hahaha I am the first! It must be awesome because I am smilling in every photo! oh sh1t, nevermind..I just found a photo of me with the bike at the bottom of a four story parking garage, I am covered in blood and the head tube is sheared off! I knew it, that bike sucks!
which headtube though, the 58 64 or 68 degree one?

I wonder how long until we see time vortexes coming out of eastern europe that look really similar but actually ADD time to your run rather than cutting some off?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yes, you are correct there will be no dw-link on the new DH bike, and also It will have a 29er in the rear and a 27.5 up front for sick traction on the climbs. Also it's only going to be available in one color, Fuscia! In addition, it's designed around a 57T chainring because we see kamikaze coming back in a huge way and well, you gotta plan for this type of thing. Did I mention that it has 2000% anti-squat at all points in the travel and automatically opens a time vortex at the top of the hill, guaranteed for 10 seconds off your race pace or your money back. Also it will only cost $666.66 at Chain Reaction, and you can get it shipped anywhere in the world. For Free.

This bike is going to be KILLER!!
Hey dw, thanks for the info! I have to say, it sounds a bit flexy, but in a good anti-squat way. Where do I sign up? :thumb:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Could do with one of these, can I mount pegs on the rear wheel and does it have an uninterrupted seat tube? If so i can finally sell my other bikes

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Wow this thread has really deviated :eek:

I wondering if DTs holding off to release a Carbon DHR, I hope not he always said he would not do a FOR RACE ONLY DHR

And to me carbon is for pros and race only, like Intenses FRO series.

DT always said his DHRs are already light but strong, and that's proven with mine, I don't even have Tisprings full coil front and rear and shes a full 3lbs lighter than the WC Fury with an air fork!

Just release the dam thing so DHers can ride the awesome ness of this DWL DHR and I can dream of riding Geanie:rant: :rofl:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I dont even know why they changed the DHR, the 08 DHR was the nicest frame ever made, this new one looks worse than an AIDs infested ferret that got beaten half to death with a tetanus covered stick then driven over by a truck, and then bled out on top of a dustbin.

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO

Did I mention that the frame only weighs 946grams?

This post and the previous one are phenomenal. Thank you. :rofl:

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
:thumb:

well you guys go for the FRO carbon bikes, and in less than a season when a bike creaks like a leaky rusty bucket don;t go blaming the manufacturer and when it cost a grand more for a mass produced Taiwanese brand at the cost of a US made cnc made frame that's still going 3years on, we'll see who crying over carbon!

Thats not to say it can't be made well, but the cost will be high dam high to be made properly!

I don't want to start that whole debate up again!

I just do not see the point, the Fury is heavier than my bike with higher end parts and a WC Boxxer, I doubt its stiffer, I already know what it holds up like, and they're noisy as hell, plastic fantastic, not all things that work on the road transfer to DIRT.

Its been done before, GT Lobos, Peaty rode carbon GTs in the 90s, Ravens even seen one of those after a season, I know its better now but is it.

Now if Colnago ? lol

Go the carbon, is Foes going to make a carbon frame?

I see the crack n fail days maybe returning!

I'll hold onto my 09 DHR for sometime me thinks, least I'll hear the carbon bikes a coming :eek:

I expect you to be upgrading ya bullet proof Foes to something carbon soon soon, do you work for these guys?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I dont even know why they changed the DHR, the 08 DHR was the nicest frame ever made, this new one looks worse than an AIDs infested ferret that got beaten half to death with a tetanus covered stick then driven over by a truck, and then bled out on top of a dustbin.
i loved my "old" dhr but having ridden and tested the first version of the new bike i can say it blows the old one out of the water....i can't wait til it's done....

Dox

Monkey
Aug 26, 2009
Montreal, QC, Canada

well you guys go for the FRO carbon bikes, and in less than a season when a bike creaks like a leaky rusty bucket don;t go blaming the manufacturer and when it cost a grand more for a mass produced Taiwanese brand at the cost of a US made cnc made frame that's still going 3years on, we'll see who crying over carbon!

Thats not to say it can't be made well, but the cost will be high dam high to be made properly!

I just do not see the point, the Fury is heavier than my bike with higher end parts and a WC Boxxer, I doubt its stiffer, I already know what it holds up like, and they're noisy as hell, plastic fantastic, not all things that work on the road transfer to DIRT.

Its been done before, GT Lobos, Peaty rode carbon GTs in the 90s, Ravens even seen one of those after a season, I know its better now but is it.

Now if Colnago ? lol

I'll hold onto my 09 DHR for sometime me thinks, least I'll hear the carbon bikes a coming :eek:

I expect you to be upgrading ya bullet proof Foes to so.mething carbon soon soon, do you work for these guys?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler

Now if Colnago ? lol

I expect you to be upgrading ya bullet proof Foes to something carbon soon soon, do you work for these guys?
http://www.narconon.ca/

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Meanwhile after many many many pages of useless fun, I still have no serious reply to my original post.

Can we get a response from someone in the actual know (seeing as Mr Weagel seems to be skirting the subject with his attempt at humour)?

Turner & DW: Stop dancing with the topic like politicians. Can we get an official response about if there will be a Turner DH bike next year and if so, will it use the DW link?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You've already been answered plenty of times actually. You've also been asked why you think your rumors have any credibility which you ignored. You've also not stated what exactly you've invested in this frame to have the "right" to demand to be sufficiently informed, directly by the guys making it beyond what they've already announced.........based on some silly rumor you can't even back up with why you even believe it. (I can't even type that without laughing)

This thread got all the proper attention it deserved. :rofl:

It's a fvcking mountain bike, not the biopsy information on the lump in your kid's throat.

I mean at least tell me you understand why some of us think this is so funny.

In the meantime, just for me: How do you know you're not getting this from someone confused with what ACTUALLY happened with the prototype last year. That's the second time I've asked this, maybe you can answer it this time.

I DEMAND IT!! :D

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
All just hearsay. From a guy that knows a guy who lived next door to someone who babysat for someone who knew a guy that overheard...

Rumours are just that- Rumours.

If there was anything substantial behind them, I would have said so in my first post.

I have no investment in Turner not releasing a DH bike. I certainly won't be getting one (especially after his "It WILL be Made in USA and it will be expensive" quote). I certainly don't give a sht if the DW DHR come out or not. I like Turners. Always have, but I won't be getting one.

I just think that there have been enough rumours floating around for a year or so now about a DW-linked DHR coming out that people may want to hear a different rumour.

What investments in Turner do you have Kidwoo?

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Damo, hows Europe Bro, you must be just about more Euro than Kiwi by now, still what a trip huh!

Chur.

I can tell ya it's been a frustrating time being a long time Turner owner and Fan, on a number of fronts, I know DTs had his work cut out for him, and to me at least it does seem there is some changing of the mind at times!

I'm not shooting at DT btw, just it is what it is, WOO has been factual as far as I'm aware and I have no inside info, the first version from all accounts stood up well except for the bushings which took a fair amount of load, they were pretty big to compare to the current DHR

The Proto 2 then has been revised, IMO much better functionally and aesthetically, [looks in eye of beholder] and the bushing systems has been increased in size again as well as lightened with less loads and from all I can find has stood up well.

The frame also got slacker, lighter 9.5kg with shock and if I could afford one I'd swing it for sure.

But hey like you I can tell ya plenty of us Homers just want to see it out there, no one else takes a 2 year hiatus in 3 models in this market so its been a frustration for sure and one I'm sure was not done by choice if could have been avoided.

Tough times on all over the last few years!

Gonna love seeing the first ones out there though.

GO the mighty DHRs!
:D

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
All just hearsay. From a guy that knows a guy who lived next door to someone who babysat for someone who knew a guy that overheard...

Rumours are just that- Rumours.

If there was anything substantial behind them, I would have said so in my first post.

I certainly don't give a sht if the DW DHR come out or not. I like Turners. Always have, but I won't be getting one.
Then relax and quit acting like the fat comic book guy from the simpsons. (you guys get that over there?)

The bike's getting made for cryin out loud. How many times do you need to be told that about a frame you have no interest whatsoever in buying? :rofl:

What investments in Turner do you have Kidwoo?
Just waiting like everyone else on the preorder list. I haven't paid a dime yet so I'm not under the impression anyone OWES me anything. In the meantime I'll be riding the dh bike I have (which is no slouch), and being a little anxious to fork over the cash for the new one. It's really no big deal :thumb:

kyrider

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
You should just call and talk to Turner...Like others have said he is very forth coming. He recently mentioned that there would be no RFX in the near future. If that was the plan for the DHR am sure he would tell you....why wouldn't he?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
You should just call and talk to Turner...Like others have said he is very forth coming. He recently mentioned that there would be no RFX in the near future. If that was the plan for the DHR am sure he would tell you....why wouldn't he?
Yeah. Just post a bunch of threads on MTBR in the Turner Forum. He frequently posts in there about current events...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Now if Colnago ? lol

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Meanwhile after many many many pages of useless fun, I still have no serious reply to my original post.

Can we get a response from someone in the actual know (seeing as Mr Weagel seems to be skirting the subject with his attempt at humour)?

Turner & DW: Stop dancing with the topic like politicians. Can we get an official response about if there will be a Turner DH bike next year and if so, will it use the DW link?
I'd prefer to "dance like a politician" for a little while longer.. heh