Quantcast

US Open Live

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Got home at midnight last night, didnt even unpack my gear outta the car until just now. awesome time as usual, awesome to hang with buds and do some filming again. Editing 2 videos starting tonight, so hopefully something Evil-y Litter-ish for everyone by Tues/Wed. ;)

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Brynn should also have gotten a medal for his rock garden performance. Un-freaking-beleivable. The whole crowd practically went silent when he almost gapped the whole damn thing.

tailwind

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
Bryn did triple the step up during pro practice on Sunday. Wasn't to many people there watching, just some of the GT guys (Carter, McCaul, Aiello) and a bunch of spectators.

Someone was there filming, not sure who it was, but hopefully it pops up sooner or later.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It's the world famous Lars Tribus front flip spot. Coincidentally I did the exact same thing in qualies.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
It's the world famous Lars Tribus front flip spot. Coincidentally I did the exact same thing in qualies.
Nuts. Ryan was that your A6 Avant parked in the Appalachian hotel? I was going to say hi but knowone was around yesterday afternoon.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Nuts. Ryan was that your A6 Avant parked in the Appalachian hotel? I was going to say hi but knowone was around yesterday afternoon.
That was, I was out of it for most of yesterday so I was at the end of the course for a bit and back in the room.

Definitely say hi, I will be at almost all of the Gravity east races and the nationals. Hopefully won't crash out of any of those.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
No, its a race with a big cash purse in a sh*tty part of New Jersey...
I wouldn't say Vernon NJ is ****ty or the area around Diablo... it has beautiful countryside with lots of mountains, a few farms, horse stables, some lakes, lots of wide open space...

What's so terrible about that?

:think:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LoL... yeah - I don't know... maybe jon is pissed because there aren't any strip clubs there like in Morristown.

:biggrin:

I'm not from Vernon or Essex County, but I dig going there and riding at Diablo.

Last edited:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
holy **** he was gapping that? over the front flip flat spot to the other side? :shocked:
:picsstfu:
haha I don't think so, but that would be just nuts. From what it sounds like he was tripling off of the step up and landing way out past the top of the step up on that little roll down just before you hit the spot you are talking about. He must have landed on the brakes hard to pull that off :shocked:

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
haha I don't think so, but that would be just nuts. From what it sounds like he was tripling off of the step up and landing way out past the top of the step up on that little roll down just before you hit the spot you are talking about. He must have landed on the brakes hard to pull that off :shocked:
oh ok, thats what i pictured at first. thats still a jam on some gears to get that speed, i bet if he didnt touch the brakes he could have gapped the chute:crazy:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I wouldn't say Vernon NJ is ****ty or the area around Diablo... it has beautiful countryside with lots of mountains, a few farms, horse stables, some lakes, lots of wide open space...

What's so terrible about that?

:think:
north jersey is where its at.

middle/south jersey sucks. argument over

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
North Jersey is definitely superior to the rest of the state. Sussex and Morris are nice places overall.

Anyway, had a good time at the open. I crashed hard in practice friday- smashed my foot, shoulder, ellbow, knee and hand going otb at speed in the woods. The foot is cut on the top and bruised all along the inside. Looks gross. Hope I didn't break anything.

Watching the race was fun, though (except for the delay). Saw at least 3 people slide out right at the top of the grass section (Atkinson included). Must have been slick there.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Any updates on the kid that got jacked up from the stupid waterbar after the finish line jump during Friday AM practice?

I heard paralysis, but that was from a random kid during the ISX finals.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
He was drinking with a few of us on Saturday night, still miffed about his arm being messed up and not being able to race.

Don't you love how the groms are always overreacting.