Quantcast

US Open of MTB - Live Thread

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
steeper than it looks too. step up, to left hand berm to step down. pretty cool. looking forward to seeing some one try clear/triple it.

can see the whole thing from the fire road too.

Last edited:

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Anyone heading down from the Plattekill area to the US Open on Thurs or Fri?
I have something that is being delivered by UPS to the Roxbury Motel, that I need to get down to Diablo.

Willing to negotiate for the favor!

Cheers

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I heard somebody was practicing the triple last weekend, and you have to go seriously fast, he said he was pedaling pretty hard with 36 12 and was just able to get it

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Looks like its going to thunderstorm thursday and friday. Looks like the course is going to get a little gnar.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just something to point out...

water park isn't opening till June 5th, so we won't have to deal with the additional parking nightmare.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no riding for me this weekend. I have to go to a family event at my sister's place on Saturday in Philly. I will be hanging out in the Gravity Project/Xprezo pits on Sunday.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
steeper than it looks too. step up, to left hand berm to step down. pretty cool. looking forward to seeing some one try clear/triple it.

can see the whole thing from the fire road too.
I already cleared/tripled it, but only twice, you need so much speed for it and my suspension bottoms out on the lip of the jump. probably gonna be much easier for the pros
but after that the berm hip feature is so nice too:thumb:

edit: i was running a 34:11

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
Anyone heading out from NYC NJ by the GWB on thursday. I would really appreciate if someone could give me a lift:thumb:

Im that kid on the blue Intense SS if that helps

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Some pro got airlifted out after overshooting the finish line jump was that David K. or another rider?

Stop by the Gravity Project and Xprezo Bike Pits and say hi.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There was one of the biggest stacks i have ever seen today. That finish line jump is a tricky one this year. Very lippy and it seems like a tiny speed variation is the difference between landing on the deck (ouch) or landing to flat (bigger ouch). A few guys hit it mega smooth on their last runs of the day.

Mick Hannah said it needed to go back another 20', but then a ton of ams were flat landing it or casing the hell out of the landing.

One rider went down extremely hard in pro practice and didn't appear to move much. He was taken out on a backboard via ambulance to a life flight heli. I really hope he is ok, he landed it nearly to flat.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
wow! very envious to everybody riding there this weekend. Coarse looks amazing! tear it the eff up!!!