Quantcast

US Open Update

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Butch here. Damn, did I put faces to names over the last 2 days.
Met Sven, Ska Todd, Fury, Transcend and so many others.
Hey Sven, I'm gonna PM you my phone # so you can get the 411 on us down in Asheville.

As for qualifying. I can't remember who landed 4th but Herndon is in 5th or 6th with Keene right on him. Garrit Beytagh fell in at 8th or 9th.
Only other one I know is Ryan Boch popping into 15th! 3 riders from the South in the top 15...heh.

Qualifying was strange though. Last word was that the Am top time was around 3:18...landing the guy that did it somewhere in the top 30 of Pro? It did dry out a ton by the time the Am's came down but Herndon's time was a 3:05 on decently dry course. For Am to rip a time like that...a shame.

I can honestly say I can't be any happier. I put in so many runs yesterday and today before my qualifier, it was tough even just steering the bike. 3 dead stops on course, 1 being behind a tree, but after seeing what 60th's cutoff time was, I wouldn't have gotten in. SO FUN!!!!!

Me, Jeremy R, SoEast Matt, profro, Bloch, Tom V, motomike, mooney...we just put in run after run after run on all those freaking trails!! There were black marks on the berms by days end. It's hard to even care about the race...:love: :love:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bballe336 said:
Butch do you know how Jamie Ford qualified?
not a clue brother. The screen only showed the first 4 letters of everyone's names! That's why no one really knew the whole line up real well. It said
Kirk
Hauv
Rand
Hern
Beyt
Keen
..................????:cool:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
bizutch said:
not a clue brother. The screen only showed the first 4 letters of everyone's names! That's why no one really knew the whole line up real well. It said
Kirk
Hauv
Rand
Hern
Beyt
Keen
..................????:cool:
Thanks anyways man. I am thinking he was probably in the 4th spot.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
posting up from the posh sanctuary as well. helluva day today, snot slickery this morning, dusty dry this afternoon. i qualified 26th AM and am looking forward to a fast course tomorrow. if you see me say hi, i'll be the only one around in a DCStreet.com jersey.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
jurgen got a second last week at The Diablo Dominaton Series Race at Mt. Creek, His first time on a downhill bike in four years. Go old man !!:)

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
bballe336 said:
What happened to you?
i got stuck behind the guy infront of me 20 seconds into my run, he wouldent get outta my way, then he fell in the last part of a steep chute (right in the spectator secton and what definitely should have been in veiw of the course marshalls) he fell blocking the whole trail, i tried to go around him but went off course and over the bars. I ended up crashing 4 more times after that trying to make up lost time and i recieved a 4:06. so i went into the office and tried to file a protest, i even had to throw down 25 bucks "cause its the rules" to find out that "the course marshalls didnt see anything that would impede anyones time" :rolleyes:

if they didnt think they ****ed up, why would they have given me my non refundable $25 back?:nopity:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Man, that sucks - I just jumped in here so I haven't read the previous posts.

I owned myself during quali's by running clipless. I was overconfident with my abilities on them (just started running them toward the end of last season) and would pop out and then waste time trying to pop the fu@kers back in...

Well - I had a "just in case feeling" before my run, so when I was staging I started talking with the guy behind me. I eventually said to him, "on the off chance I should go down on the course and you're coming up behind me - just give me a yell and I'll ALWAYS clear to the left so you can pass right."

Well - I was generating ridiculous speed right up until the turn with the rock you had to hop before the apex, got sideways before the turn, tried some body english and POP went my outside foot, got off balance locked it up and literally fell over on my side. Zero Mo. So I got up and made it to the off camber section and right before it I popped out again and had to dab a foot. This time I stayed up but couldn't pop back in again so now I'm loosing TONS of power.

I hear yelling behind me, so I immediately pull off to the left and the guy behind me just went by on my right effortlessly.

I guess what I'm saying is that if a rider goes down it's their job to clear themselves and their bike off the course as quickly as possible. If someone is about to pass - they need to get off the course or GET OFF their bike if necessary and let the faster rider go by.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
What a great weekend, the US Open was awesome, the riding was mint, after the flash flood cleared:rofl:, the race was well run and extremely competitive, and the whole setup was great.
I am really happy on how everything played out for me in the race. This was my third race ever. I barely qualified since I took two falls in my run, one which involved clipping a pedal at full speed, high siding, and getting tangled in the course marking tape. I rode a little bit cautious in my race run because I have a knack for crashing in my race run, I just wanted a clean run. I ended up with a 3:30 shaving 22 seconds off my qualifying time.

Overall awesome experience and congrats to everyone else who raced