Quantcast

Vacuum Cleaner

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I'm not the one who spends over $500 on a overmarketed vacuum cleaner. I save that for bikes and lick the dirt off the floor.
Mine was more like $400 and I have some nice bikes.

Who cares what consumer reports says? Didn't some of us say we have and like Dyson? Why wouldn't we tell the truth when an e-friend asks about a vaccum? What could we have to gain by lying to IAB about it?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Does the Dyson have an attachment to to hold my IPOD?
It would be awesome to vacumn with the world's best vacumn while listening to the world's best MP3 player at the same time.
Pure Bliss I tell ya....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Mine was more like $400 and I have some nice bikes.

Who cares what consumer reports says? Didn't some of us say we have and like Dyson? Why wouldn't we tell the truth when an e-friend asks about a vaccum? What could we have to gain by lying to IAB about it?
Well, people tend to want to make their decisions sound better in general. Im sure there's people out there who love their "soft ride" road bikes...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Well, people tend to want to make their decisions sound better in general. Im sure there's people out there who love their "soft ride" road bikes...
But it's an f'n vacuum, why would anyone try to make anything cooler about that than what it really is? I don't like to vacuum, but when I do, it's cool when it actually works.

Soft Ride bikes might rock. I never road one.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
But it's an f'n vacuum, why would anyone try to make anything cooler about that than what it really is? I don't like to vacuum, but when I do, it's cool when it actually works.

Soft Ride bikes might rock. I never road one.
I just explained. People tend to want to make their choices sound better. Just like all the people out there that bought SRAM. It doesnt work as well, but its different and people will go nuts defending it, but anyone with sense can feel the sense of refinement shimano offers that SRAM doesnt.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
I just explained. People tend to want to make their choices sound better. Just like all the people out there that bought SRAM. It doesnt work as well, but its different and people will go nuts defending it, but anyone with sense can feel the sense of refinement shimano offers that SRAM doesnt.
Speaking of, I don't really like the X9 on the Turner I am riding. :bonk:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Y'all are missing the point about the Dyson.

Not only does it work well, but you don't have to buy bags or filters for it. Most, if not all, of the other bagless vacs have a filter that has to be relplaced every so often (he Dyson has a foam filter that you rinse out).

In the long run, the Dyson is cheaper than other vacuums (even though it has a higher initial price).

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I just explained. People tend to want to make their choices sound better.
This is the resolution to cognitive dissonance in laymans terms, thanks BS. Reality is Dyson is a good unit but it isn't the best - thats what qualified experts say (ie CR and my local Dyson/vacuum dealership).

Owners often can't accept their widget isn't best due to cognitive dissonance combined with limited user experience (small sample size).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is cognitive dissonance in laymans terms, thanks BS. Reality is Dyson is a good unit but it isn't the best - thats what qualified experts say (ie CR and my local Dyson/vacuum dealership).

Owners often can't accept their widget isn't best due to cognitive dissonance combined with limited user experience (small sample size).
Sorry, Dyson is the best. What a bunch of pointed headed nerds in white coats find out in a lab has no relation to the real world.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This is the resolution to cognitive dissonance in laymans terms, thanks BS. Reality is Dyson is a good unit but it isn't the best - thats what qualified experts say (ie CR and my local Dyson/vacuum dealership).

You sure are smart for a dumbass.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have a Softride frame for sale if you interested.
I rode a Breezer Softride mountain bike once.

Perfect balance of sweet steel frame and a DIVING BOARD. I was glad I didn't get launched OTB several times.

Great bike if you have really good dental insurance.

splat

Nam I am
I rode a Breezer Softride mountain bike once.

Perfect balance of sweet steel frame and a DIVING BOARD. I was glad I didn't get launched OTB several times.

Great bike if you have really good dental insurance.
we had a softride beam on the back of our tandem for the longest time. My wife loved it . That is where I have herd it actually works best is on a tandem.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
we had a softride beam on the back of our tandem for the longest time. My wife loved it . That is where I have herd it actually works best is on a tandem.
I think they still make slingshot bikes, talking about flexy springy bikes, never tried one though:brow:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think it would be fine on a stable bike on a road. On a mountain frame it's terrifying.